MOM + EB interaction

Its really old, but i still dont understand.

with mom + eb, you spend ES as mana.
When hit, you lose 30% ES or 30% mana?

Either way, isnt it better just to focus on armour/eva items and just MOM only?
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
Last bumped on Jun 5, 2017, 9:04:33 AM
"
unlucky_child wrote:
Its really old, but i still dont understand.

Actually, the interaction has changed over time.

"
with mom + eb, you spend ES as mana.
When hit, you lose 30% ES or 30% mana?

30% of hit damage is removed from your Energy Shield (and then Mana if your Energy Shield is not enough to take the full 30%).

"
Either way, isnt it better just to focus on armour/eva items and just MOM only?

That's what I would do!

I think the justification for EB + MoM is to prevent Damage over Time from stopping Energy Shield Recharge. Since Damage over Time doesn't hit, it doesn't redirect to Mana, which means that it won't touch Energy Shield. Without EB, Damage over Time would first affect any Energy Shield you have. With EB + MoM, you can stand on Burning Ground or be Ignited and still have your Energy Shield Recharge begin (of course, Energy Shield Recharge is stopped by any damage by default).
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
can anyone verify that?

i was thinking of using BM too, so i can go on full life reservation. But still dont know much how that works.

Blood magic makes EB and MoM worthless. MoM doesn't work at all. EB protects your 0 mana, which doesn't get spent, so you "waste" your ES.
Best item for BM + MOM + EB is "The Covenant" imo. It has a local BM and good ES +free added chaos. Occultist stuff.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
Last edited by Jideament on May 28, 2017, 7:41:46 PM
one last question, is better to invest some points into HUGE mana pool or just average mana pool is ok?

"
unlucky_child wrote:
one last question, is better to invest some points into HUGE mana pool or just average mana pool is ok?

This is a complicated question because both is ok for different builds. You need to calculate it for your own build with your mitigations and resistances. Imagine if you're going for an "Aylardex" build, you need minimum 2k mana and tons of regen.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
Or decent DTGaM%
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
If you have extra jewel sockets, you can use 2 Spirited Response jewels, for 20% damage taken gained as mana when using rallying cry. This is calculated at the same time as you get hit, allowing you to sustain your mana pool very easily.
Last edited by darkmark009 on May 29, 2017, 11:08:11 PM
ghazzy has made a mom ehp calc here:

"
darkmark009 wrote:
If you have extra jewel sockets, you can use 2 Spirited Response jewels, for 20% damage taken gained as mana when using rallying cry. This is calculated at the same time as you get hit, allowing you to sustain your mana pool very easily.

good idea!
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 4, 2017, 1:56:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info