Build advice for a new player

So, I'm basically a complete noob to this game. I've played others like it, Diablo and such, but I know very little about the specifics of what is necessary to make a good build here. I've looked around the site a bit and tried to get my bearings a little but I didn't find any guides that provided the sort of build I'm thinking of trying out. That might be because it's not viable but I figured I'd take a wild stab at something of my own. But, before I dump several hours into this character I'd appreciate some feedback from people who actually have a clue. So here it is.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAHcAecEswZJB3UI9BEtE2wUTRhWGJEc3CFVIvQnICj6KpgsnCz7MZ4y0TWSNdY26EGHRQpFR03jWK9akV4TYVJodGjyakNqrGvbbAttGW87d-N4DXh6fIN9GILHhNmGYIdqiECKIo8alKCiAKZXpqyofaknqW6plLXytz64k7yfvOq-vL-XwBrAVMBmwKbJPdP72E3YvdkL2mLcPevu7IrvTvAf8h70xvno-oD8S_4K_o8=

The general gist behind this concept is a powerful melee damage dealer that wields a two handed weapon while being supported by a pack of minions to augment damage and be distractions/meat shields. I chose scion for this build as she's supposed to be better at multi-tasking stuff like this but I'm open to suggestions on that as well.

My planned path is to start out focusing on the strength and melee damage aspects while having minions mostly as distractions then eventually making them beefier and scarier, perhaps supporting them with some buff/debuff auras. I have no idea what weapon I intend to use, the current layout of the build gives me easy access to some of the mace upgrades with no pathing required but I'd have to go up the left side to get the rest of them so there's probably an argument to be made that any weapon type would end up costing me about the same amount of points. I've left about 30 points up in the air for playing around with.

Any thoughts? Do I need more armor, health, or damage? Are there other important passives I could aim for to help out? Specific skills or gear that would be good to get? Is this even viable or just a horrific abomination?
Last bumped on May 31, 2017, 6:18:22 PM
edit
Last edited by ehblanc on Jun 1, 2017, 6:56:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info