Is opening inventory a server-side action?

Hi,

I recently started using POE Trade Macro and POE companion and got interest on macros.

The rule is: one key = one server action.

I want to open a portal, on pressing one letter (provably F5).

Those are the actions the macro will do:

-Track mouse position
-Open inventory
-Right click low-right corner (where I always store portals)
-Close inventory
-Move mouse at initial position

I don't want to break the rules, so I have to ask. I read that when doing your own macros, you could ask support for approval or not... That's why I'm here.

PS: Portal gem takes 1 socket and longer than doing it manually.
Last edited by Visca on May 25, 2017, 11:44:03 AM
Last bumped on Aug 2, 2017, 12:57:10 AM
Go to your favorite 300+ ping server. The commands that react slowly are server side actions.
Ty, very usefull

EDIT: I tested, and apparently is not a server action. The stash opens much slower than just the inventory. Also using a TP is much slower than opening inventory.
Last edited by Visca on May 27, 2017, 11:45:22 AM
"
Visca wrote:
-Track mouse position
-Open inventory
-Close inventory

bannable...without a doubt, if you need confirmation you should be emailing them, not hoping one of the support staff sees the thread and replies (especially on a weekend) as they can easily miss it...and by some peoples logic not getting an answer here means it's ok, when it isn't
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on May 27, 2017, 6:03:35 PM
"
Visca wrote:
Hi,

I recently started using POE Trade Macro and POE companion and got interest on macros.

The rule is: one key = one server action.

I want to open a portal, on pressing one letter (provably F5).

Those are the actions the macro will do:

-Track mouse position
-Open inventory
-Close inventory

I don't want to break the rules, so I have to ask. I read that when doing your own macros, you could ask support for approval or not... That's why I'm here.

PS: Portal gem takes 1 socket and longer than doing it manually.

Hey there,

Can you please contact us at support@grindinggear.com in regards to this? We'd be happy to discuss this further.
So enigmatic while simple yes or no could've saved a lot of time not only for OP but for anyone else with same question.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
So enigmatic while simple yes or no could've saved a lot of time not only for OP but for anyone else with same question.

Hey there,

Can you please contact us at support@grindinggear.com in regards to this? We'd be happy to discuss this further.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
I guess I'll have to email them, since I have the same question.
I got the impression of a creepy stranger asking the guy to hop into his old van to check out the cool stuff he has for sale. Never heard from again.

"Hey there,

We're not currently banning for the use of macros in general, so long as they are manually controlled and performing one 'action' per use. It's bannable if it performs more than one action, or if it's on a timer (as this qualifies as "botting").

I'm afraid the above example you provided would definitely constitute botting, as it performs multiple actions per 1 key. I highly recommend not doing this, as it would place your account at risk of being banned.

We will look into whether certain functionality offered by the most frequently used macros should be added to the core game as convenience and quality-of-life features.

Kind regards,
Nav"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info