Cospri's malice + razor of the 7th sun + three dragons in 3.0.0

So I've been thinking a little,

with new changes in 3.0.0 burn will be increased by different modifiers, aka burning and burn dmg modifiers from passives and items. That in turn should give power to builds which will build low dmg trigger spells/attacks and do huge burns on successful ignites.

So I was thinking about possibility of building either a chieftain or elementalist with these 3 items as baseline :

and couple of threshold jewels for frostbolt (frozen trail) and inside cospris frostbolt - gmp - pierce/or something else.

It would trigger off cyclone 4 link and chest I'd keep for kaoms or something that i have to yet think off. Our only goal is to enhance those burns and their spread.

I'm not looking for most optimal way, I know I can make a build that selfcasts frostbolt, as I already did, just want to see if anyone has more ideas how to enhance burns.
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on May 24, 2017, 4:09:33 PM
Last bumped on Jun 11, 2017, 10:56:07 AM
The doctor is in the house :)
DISCLAIMER: I speak my mind as i type so you can kinda see my thought process lol

First of all, i love your creativity, i love that you want to mix and match those unique items in order to ascertain a unique build.

So, first of all, it's a tricky combination for sure... using Corpsi's to ignite is something i haven't heard of before. I am not entirely sure if i can make a build for you, as i've never come across something like this, but i've never given up on a challenge.

Now, i'll give you a few tree's (3.0) in which youll decide which one you want to work around, then we can continue on the theorycraft. If by any chance you're not happy with what i have given you, please, feel free to tell me what you're not happy with, and we can work together to achieve what you wish to achieve.

Tree 1 (Chieftain): https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAGRAecDdQPWBAcEswUtBg4Gwwn2Dc0SaRLhE6UUIBRNFm8XHBiRGS4aOBpVGmwczh0UHwIkqibzJy8n7SlPKo0rUC3SNsU22DboNuk6WDrYOuE8LT0PPfxJG1BHVcZXDVhjXwRfP2EhZlRnm2hlcXl07Xaseu98u3zZggeCm4PMg9uE74V7jM-QVZErkc6WbJo7na6ezaIAouqmV6ajpwinMKyYrY2vja-ntz65fryfvWDE9sYExq7G2M9-0iHUfNSP2CTYvdlh2XzaweFz42rkIuRR6hjsOOxV7w7wH_Fs8kHyRfOb9kj3MvrS_Ev-Cv5U

Tree 2 (Elementalist): https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAN1BAcEswYOCPQJ9g3NEFgSaRM1FCAWbxccF6QZLho4Gj4abBzOHRQfAiSqJy8n7Sj6KS4pTyqNK1AsnDI0NZI2xTbYNuk6WDrYOuE8LT0PQYdEq0kbTeNQR1WuVcZXDV8EXypfP2ZUaGVqQ3F5dqx8uHy7ga-CB4IQgpuCx4PMg9uFe4dljHaPRo-mkFWQ-pErmjudrp48ogCmV6cIrJitja-nr7exBbc-uNC86sT2xq7PftIh1AfUfNgk2L3ZYdl82jrcjd9t37Dhc-Nq5CLr5Ow47FXvDvAf8WzxrPJB8kXzm_no_gr-VP6P

Now, I must admit, i am a little unsure as to whether you'll be dishing out fire damage with frostbolt, even though you ignite, because its still cold damage... if it was fire damage, it wont be affected by your Three Dragons the way you want it to be.

You can use Cold to Fire to increase the burn damage (as far as i remember, fire damage does affect burn) or that amulet... Xophs Blood (that new amulet from Breach league) will give you avatar of fire... wait... i wonder if "cold damage can ignite" gives it the same properties/damage as fire damage... i.e. 500 cold damage = fire damage (from three dragons)

I'll figure it out eventually... i hope this helps though lol.
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Hrimburn gloves has "Your cold damage can ignite" and can also freeze and chill, unlike Three Dragons. You would also be keeping the igniting on the Razor. Wouldn't that be better?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info