Scion Ascendant 3.0 Changes Thoughts/Theory Craft

Already at 1 million dps with triple totem, if DPS can stay roughly the same slayer/hierophant will be my choice, otherwise I might try out ice crash with the way weapon elemental damage is changing to elemental damage with attacks to effect unarmed. I'm wondering if Nodes like Fangs of the Frost, Winter Spirit, and Primeval Force will also change in the same way to help me scale unarmed damage. I can't wait to see the new tree and all its glory so I can start planning.
"
tomekpa wrote:
Slayer/Pathfinder, kinetic blast/barrage, phys/chaos, wander

Tought about something like that but with a bow too but i am not 100% how poison conversion will work in 3.0 maybe going pure psychical is going to be better.

Tho most likely using deadeye ascedancy to gain 80% pierce chance without using any gems.
Last edited by Asheren on May 29, 2017, 5:47:42 AM
Im actually thinking of a sparker again, as a deadeye. With pierce support gem, the 30% chance to pirce and the poarchers aim jewel gives u a 95% as it does now, but 50% inc projectile dmg when it travels further with 95% pierce and the new proj speed ascendancy, another proj etc. do elementalist as second for another golem + elemental ref immunity. Screw vaal spark, im going for good old sparker. You might also play this as a pretty strong spark totem build. and hey, maybe some new items might revive this build to its former glory!

Edit - you get 95% pirece but you dont have to go to the pierce wheel right of shadows tree.
Last edited by Muscallion on May 31, 2017, 1:39:49 PM
I was thinking about some kind of raider caster, since none of the raider bonuses are strictly attack based. Frenzy charges on a caster could be pretty OP. Raider + Assassin + EK nova, perhaps.
"
Muscallion wrote:
Im actually thinking of a sparker again, as a deadeye. With pierce support gem, the 30% chance to pirce and the poarchers aim jewel gives u a 95% as it does now, but 50% inc projectile dmg when it travels further with 95% pierce and the new proj speed ascendancy, another proj etc. do elementalist as second for another golem + elemental ref immunity. Screw vaal spark, im going for good old sparker. You might also play this as a pretty strong spark totem build. and hey, maybe some new items might revive this build to its former glory!

Edit - you get 95% pirece but you dont have to go to the pierce wheel right of shadows tree.

Also something to think about. It could benefit pretty much any projectile build. You could get a pretty nasty ice spear build depending on new tree.
Im thinking about a "Elementalist Necro champion/guardian" Golemancer.
Scion is easy to fan out to get jewels.

I dunno about these changes. Scion still seems a bit lackluster. Imo, what she really needs is a boost in her "jack of all trades" department, Make the passive nodes in her ascendancy give 3 to 5 skill points each, then maybe that can give her the boost she needs, by taking an extra node cluster on the tree. After all she is all about good positioning on the tree, might make that focus stronger.

Either way I am actually considering a Blade Flurry Elementalist + maybe Raider or something else with her. Raider is interesting, but the 10% chance for charge is weak. Should have been 20% imo.
I have some general ideas in mind, but it's hard to theory craft without seeing the new tree and the final changes to gameplay from GGG for 3.0.

I'm pretty disappointed with the changes to Gladiator and Sab is still awful, but I still think Scion is going to see an (eventual huge) uptick in usage for crit builds. Scion will probably have a larger share of the more powerful life builds with high tier clear speed given the information we have now for ES, CI, VP, and long forgotten build mechanics.
"
Scandinavica wrote:
Im thinking about a "Elementalist Necro champion/guardian" Golemancer.
Scion is easy to fan out to get jewels.

I'll also be trying out scion golem build. I thought about all the combinations.

-Champion for the endurance on hit(+ apply curses with curse on hit) but the thing is you also taunt enemies, which means they attack you. If you have a golem build now try using Enduring warcry to get a feel for it.

-Guardian looks okay..

-Juggernaut looks okay too with the stun & chill resistance. But I heard with the pantheon system you can get stun resist, so we'll wait and see.

-Inquisitor, to be like the Elementalist golem build with 8% reduced elem. damage But you have to be on consecrated ground. Good if you go regen/ZO route. (I'll probably take this one)

-Hiero/Chieftain looks okay if you like totems in your build.

I might play around with the other ascendancies like gladiator/slayer. Make a hybrid melee + 5 golem build.
Seem that after looking on new gems might have to change chieftain to something else.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info