help with reflect on voltaxic ranger

hello, building a voltaxic crit tornado shot ranger and for the first time yesterday I killed myself to reflect in a map, I think it was 15% reflect elemental, im wondering if I need to convert more of the lightning damage to chaos or something else to be safe from reflect totally?

here is my tornado shot dps in hideout:

and here fully buffed in combat (3 charges+promise flask):

and here is my character and items:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/secret_service86/characters

its the 88 pathfinder, wondering if I need to convert more lightning to chaos with maybe void manipulation? get some reduced ele reflect passives? help! :D

PS have 75 resists 4k hp 12k armor unbuffed if that is relevant also :D
Last bumped on May 24, 2017, 9:19:01 AM
Primeval force(little help) or just shoot sideways from the target to make it hit by 2-3 arrows only.
Sorry, did I just read that correctly? You're using voltaxic and are NOT using void manipulation? What is wrong with you? Not only will it make you more resistant to reflect, it should also result in higher damage overall. Also, poison might help. Hit one time, wait for poison to finish the job.

Edit: drop pierce for void manitulation. Voidwalkers already give you pierce, so it's redundant and void manipulation should result in quite a bit more damage.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Last edited by FCK42 on May 24, 2017, 6:00:15 AM
"
FCK42 wrote:
Sorry, did I just read that correctly? You're using voltaxic and are NOT using void manipulation? What is wrong with you? Not only will it make you more resistant to reflect, it should also result in higher damage overall. Also, poison might help. Hit one time, wait for poison to finish the job.

Edit: drop pierce for void manitulation. Voidwalkers already give you pierce, so it's redundant and void manipulation should result in quite a bit more damage.

yeah IDK :D WED gave more dmg than void manipulation when I tested it, but swapping pierce for void manipulation sounds good, ill check some combinations later today :P
"
ZerotuL wrote:
Primeval force(little help) or just shoot sideways from the target to make it hit by 2-3 arrows only.

that looks interesting, get some damage also from WED there :>
There shouldn't be any problem taking reflect damage when you use a voltaxic, did you always full blast your tornado shot? you can control where the tornado shot initial hit land, shoot it sideways or in front of the reflect rare, so your secondary arrow don't hit that one all the same time, the initial arrow no matter how many arrows you get form +1s and GMP can't hit together, it's the secondary hits reflect bigger amount of damage to you.
Last edited by TravisL on May 24, 2017, 7:09:35 AM
ha, only just noticed now that lightning -> chaos conversion was lowered to 60%
Instead of 2 mana leech passives take the Vitality void and The Blood drinker and probably VP and/or sibyls lament ring or just skip reflect maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info