There's nothing that tells you what Ascendancy you have

I found this quite annoying for the longest time, it's about time to mention it.

There's no where in the UI that tells you what Ascendancy you took. Apart from an image.
- Not in the Passive tree/circle
- Not in the character info screen
- Not in the friend/party list (seeing other peoples)
- Not even a tooltip when you hover over the image, like hovering over your level, str, dex and int.

It would fit nicely right under the image, or add "Class: <class type/ascendant>" above Life (See image).

rawr. fear me.
Last bumped on May 27, 2017, 2:53:59 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
agreed. Until then,
Spoiler

Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on May 23, 2017, 3:55:37 PM
"
adghar wrote:
agreed. Until then,
Spoiler

You're missing a screenshot of your character visible in a party.

lol. I think is the second post in 2 days asking for features which already exist with the first one being something about pmed if somebody responds to your post.
Last edited by Slicer9875 on May 23, 2017, 5:30:05 PM
"
Slicer9875 wrote:
"
adghar wrote:
agreed. Until then,
Spoiler

lol. I think is the second post in 2 days asking for features which already exist with the first one being something about pmed if somebody responds to your post.

And if you play SSF (or mostly solo)? No party. You'll need to log out and do as adghar said, or wiki the classes and find your image.
Character Information screen is about character information. Your ascendancy class is pretty important information if you ask me.
rawr. fear me.
"
tidbit wrote:
"
Slicer9875 wrote:
"
adghar wrote:
agreed. Until then,
Spoiler

And if you play SSF (or mostly solo)? No party. You'll need to log out and do as adghar said, or wiki the classes and find your image.
Character Information screen is about character information. Your ascendancy class is pretty important information if you ask me.

You can see it on the guild tab or you can do a /whois "your char name" if you're not in a guild.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
tidbit wrote:

Is it really that hard to memorize 18 images?..

Most of the modern people can't live without google, packs of memo stickers and stuff. That's sad.

Solution for the people with "but i have an awful memory!" (aside from pills and training your memory) is a sheet of paper with listed ascendancies and short description of an image tied to them (like, brunette girl with white eyes and arrogant look).

"
tidbit wrote:
Your ascendancy class is pretty important information if you ask me.

How (why) exactly is it so important?
Especially for SSF (since you're referring to those)
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Last edited by HarukaTeno on May 24, 2017, 5:51:01 AM
If it is so important, why wouldn't you want to remember how it is called? Lol.

Personal story most people won't be interested about

I have (legitimately) TERRIBLE memory. And I'm not talking lazy-tier terrible, but genetically terrible.
Unless I'm using something daily (like, say, days of the week) I will not remember it. And after I've stopped using the thing, I'll forget it quite quickly (depending on how important it was to me).
I have major struggle in remembering people names, even after working with them for few months (but not interacting with them too much when names are used). I cannot remember month in order. I can't tell you which month is 7 or 8. Both in my native language and English (I'm unsure if I can tell you all months in English, too). I sometimes struggle to tell whenever said month is cold or hot. Yes, it is that bad at times. Recently it got a little better, but I mostly forget things VERY quickly. :V

But yet, when I start doing something, I can recite it with smallest details. Not being able to remember class you picked is pretty weird to me.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on May 24, 2017, 6:39:49 AM
Hard to remember 18 things? No, not really. Atleast if you use it a lot. I'm a filthy casual. when I do play (which isn't daily), it's usually only 1-2h. And I can take breaks that are 1-2 months (my longest being 6 months). And I also have 15 or so characters (since early 2013). It's annoying trying to remember what class each of the 15 (apart from my 1 scion) characters when you don't play daily, and a newb friend asks you what you chose for X type of character (I also mostly make my own builds, so I can't tell him "google howa"). I should just be able to press C and look.

Why is it important? It's your characters class! This is an RPG. Pretty sure every* MMO or RPG (including table-tops) has a character sheet which includes the class you decided to play.
* except single-player rpgs where you can only play as one character/class

Since you're all asking me "why" let me ask you all "why not"? Instead of just jumping on me, why are you all anti one-line of more info in the character screen that tells you info about your character that makes it easier for people who don't play constantly to have it drilled into their heads?
rawr. fear me.
Last edited by tidbit on May 24, 2017, 1:05:20 PM
I'm sorry, but this just seems incredibly silly. I mean what, did you close your eyes and click randomly while choosing and allocating your ascendancy?

Not to mention, you can view the nodes in your skill tree, which (imo) is infinitely more important than what you're called.
bald
I would also add on that you don't even need to know what ascendancy you have. All that matters are the notables in the ascendancy's tree itself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info