Do we need a new standard for 3.0?

The reason I think we need a completely new standard is that with the ruinous nature of the legacy items (particularly the soon to be CS legacy items) it just makes standard a completely different game to the current build. If we were to only be able to have the temp leagues to play the game as its meant to be then I think it would diminish the sense of long term progression that this game does so well particularly for SSF players.

So all new standard that would have regular item moves to keep the legacy problem in check and then have a legacy league as the "dumping ground" that standard now is.Best of both worlds.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
Last edited by maxor on May 18, 2017 9:43:57 PM
Last bumped on May 22, 2017 11:26:36 AM
it will never happen .. no point in asking at this point
Standard exists to be host to a million legacy items. 's What it's for.
Last edited by Vipermagi on May 19, 2017 9:31:38 AM
"
Completed 19 ChallengesVipermagi wrote:
Standard exists to be host to a million legacy items. 's What it's for.


I disagree Ive always used standard as the long term version of the game where you could progress your character indefinitely. However it has become a land of failed mechanics and OP builds that bares little or no relation to the current game.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
Last edited by maxor on May 19, 2017 10:29:54 AM
"
Completed 17 Challengesmaxor wrote:
I disagree Ive always used standard as the long term version of the game where you could progress your character indefinitely.

Well it's that and also a dumpster, those aren't mutually exclusive. Don't like it myself but it can't really be fixed at this point so whatever. One might even argue the dumpsterity actually gives you more longterm goals so we can just look at the bright side.
Есть один путь - наверх!

Fustis bonus, pax in domus ◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
Last edited by raics on May 19, 2017 10:48:46 AM
"
Completed 17 Challengesmaxor wrote:
"
Completed 19 ChallengesVipermagi wrote:
Standard exists to be host to a million legacy items. 's What it's for.


I disagree Ive always used standard as the long term version of the game where you could progress your character indefinitely. However it has become a land of failed mechanics and OP builds that bares little or no relation to the current game.


what? no, what failed mechanic and OP builds? except for a new league's mechanic, there's no fundamental difference here between perma league and temp league , only the proved things are introduced to standard, they are not broken, you are playing them right now, that league not as active as temp league is because a lot of player choose to try new things, and those want to grind, getting perfect gear and push 100 stayed in standard, it's the difference because of the choice made by different types of players, not by design.
Last edited by TravisL on May 19, 2017 11:21:26 AM
I thought the SSF Legacy Leagues dumped into Standard and HC, not the new SSF Standard and HC. I also thought SSF Standard and HC were perm leagues.
"
Completed 17 Challengesmaxor wrote:
The reason I think we need a completely new standard is that with the ruinous nature of the legacy items (particularly the soon to be CS legacy items) it just makes standard a completely different game to the current build. If we were to only be able to have the temp leagues to play the game as its meant to be then I think it would diminish the sense of long term progression that this game does so well particularly for SSF players.

So all new standard that would have regular item moves to keep the legacy problem in check and then have a legacy league as the "dumping ground" that standard now is.Best of both worlds.


So what happens when your league ends and new mechanics that were tried out don't make the cut? Are the devs to decide at the end of each league which "standard" will be migrated to? Leagues are the continuation of the core game. Standard is for permanence. Also, how spread out do you think they want the player base? Ssf,standard,leagues,hc, pretty soon it'd become ssf for all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info