blade vortex - how to increase the damage?

hi,

i am new to spells... so without the scaling from the ewapon itself, how can i up my dmg?

i am sitting at 8k dmg with 10 blades at lvl 68.... (my wand has +98% spell dmg)

i tested it out, even with a void battery and 7 power charges, it would only go up to 11k...

so what can i do to go up in dmg?
(get some cast speed to have more blades up seems good(already took the duration nodes on the tree))

but the raw dmg from the blades, how to increase that? only with +spell dmg on some items?
i am still on a 4 link with (BV + controlled destruction + spell echo + inc crit dmg) so 5 link would be inc area of effect.. so no real dmg boost

i guess i am missing some crucial mechanic as i never played spells before.
Last edited by Cador2 on May 18, 2017, 5:10:04 PM
Last bumped on May 18, 2017, 6:52:11 PM
8k/11k tooltip or real DPS? 11k tooltip sounds pretty dang strong for Blade Vortex

a lot of Spell Damage scaling comes from gem level (you get something like 5-10% more damage per gem level, compounding multiplicatively) so you may have to be patient and go to level 20, maybe socket your 4L into a +1 gem setup like Geofri's Crest for now to speed you up towards endgame 6Ls
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
no, it is not tooltip dps.

it is what path of building is showing me.

i am at lvl 16 with BV....

thx for the +1 gem tip, but i guess i have to buy an ES chest next to go CI.
Spell Damage
Physical Damage
Concentrated Effect
Poison (Especially as you have a bunch of Phys+Chaos passives)
Hatred
Herald of Ash
Vulnerability

Most importantly, leveling the gem up. That's what spells need instead of weapons, they need as many levels as you can get on the gems.

Also, if you're wanting to crit, try to pick up some more Crit chance and Crit multiplier. I see you're relying purely on Power Charges and the 1 support gem to get any sort of crit going. Meaning not an especially high chance to crit and not THAT much more damage when you do crit.

A power charge only gives 3% crit chance, hence why 7 power charges isn't upping your damage by a ton as that leaves you with only 27% crit chance. When ideally you'd want to be getting at least 30-40%+ if not even 50%+ with a bunch of multiplier.

I'd say before investing too heavily into Power Charges, it'd be best to pick up some raw damage nodes. Then when you're doing decent base damage, you can then start filling in crit as it does take a fair bit of investment to get it going.
Do the cruel lab and take Deadly infusion passive, Assassin mark curse or other kind of PC generation, Control Destruction is reducing your critical chance so change it for AoE/Conc effect
Get 5L body and passives associated with crit such as Assassination, Doom cast, Annihilation

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info