GGG please don't forget about RF

Righteous Fire is a really cool and unique skill in PoE, as it is the only skill that hurts yourself in order to hurt the enemy. It not only promotes a different playstyle, but also a whole new way of building a character.

The ES nerfs hit Righteous Fire super hard, if the ratio that was present in the development manifesto goes live then it seems to be in the ballpark of a 40% damage and survivability nerf to people who play RF with ES. Not only that but life based RF is getting a small buff in the form of the new life hybrid roll.

As someone who likes diversity in builds I think both variants should have their own perks. I am actually quite glad to see the ES nerfs and Life buffs as a BETA is the exact right time to try these types of things that target a core mechanic of the game.

I don't ask that GGG instantly buff RF as I know that these changes are purely for testing in the BETA and will probably be quite different when 3.0 comes out, but I do want them to keep an eye on ES based RF as it would be a pity for such a fun build/playstyle to just die out.

Potential solutions if these ES changes do make it to 3.0 would be to slightly increase the burn damage % from ES sources (would need testing), and/or to decrease the amount of burn you take for ES. Personally I prefer the first option, as the second reduces some of the uniqueness that RF has.
Last edited by Lagoon7 on May 18, 2017, 1:11:57 PM
Last bumped on May 18, 2017, 3:18:52 PM
They didn't forget about it - in relation to the nerf the damage of ES RF is gonna meet reasonable and more appropriate level of power. Along with the passive ES regen.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
ES RF has always been stronger than Life RF, it can take some nerfing without falling behind. My gut says we'll be getting another Support as well, and Life RF doesn't like using a 6L; if my feelings are accurate, that may well form the leg-up for ES RF.
"
torturo wrote:
They didn't forget about it - in relation to the nerf the damage of ES RF is gonna meet reasonable and more appropriate level of power. Along with the passive ES regen.

Is there a GGG post about it?
Well... At the moment, ES is far superior in damage than Life for RF.

Given, that not only does ES get huge ES pools, but it also gets some Life pool in there for extra damage too.

Bringing them closer together, by way of reducing the maximum ES pool and slightly increasing maximum Life pools is a good thing. Since it means they can more easily tackle other sources of RF damage. For example, that whole DoT Manifesto. Where they were talking about new and improved DoT nodes. You know what is a DoT? RF.

RF is not being hit by any of the DoT nerfs, because it doesn't use Ignite, nor does it get applied via a Hit. So all those exclusions of DoT damage being increased don't apply.

However, DoT damage and Burn damage will apply and when they get fleshed out nodes to help with Ignite builds, well, RF can go grab a couple too for more damage.

So honestly, I wouldn't worry about ES RF as of yet. If they decide to go faff around with ZO or something, that's really when concern should come.
"
Lagoon7 wrote:
Is there a GGG post about it?

No, they didn't say anything on topic. But the skill is gonna get naturally toned down, when the base HP pool is lowered.

It's too powerful atm, really. And even more, if we have to compare it to the life based version. Insane HP, ES regen items...Much higher damage with much higher regen.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on May 18, 2017, 1:43:00 PM
RF is not really *to powerful*

I have 2 rf chars and i would take melee sunder over them both because of the way they do damage

Also just to toss this out there RF in a party does like 0 damage (i dont party but some may!)

ES does more damage with RF then life does so the nerf will most likely just even it out to around the same
RF totems FTW!
I dont see any any key!
It's still only survivability nerf... remember, increased burning damage support will give more burning damage in 3.0 instead of increased like now.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info