Legacy 2.6 Ranger Raider ST HOWA build indepth

Hello POE! This is going to be my first guide/build so all feedback is greatly appreciated!
This build is suited to my playstyle so bear in mind many other forms of this build will work!
If you haven't caught me live, I'm raistlin1986@twitch were posting a new youtube video daily and streaming daily for the next year straight so be sure to tune in for daily updates and content! my channel is all about interaction and helping the new players and old players of poe alike!

Anyways This is a build based off of the unique claw:
this claw is what makes this build possible and one of the most used builds currently in the game!

Pros:
amazing clear speed
huge es pool
1-2 ex gear can kill shaper/uber atziri
amazing leech/can facetank with high aps
all map tiers feel the same.

Cons:
Upgrades can get extremely expensive
cookie-cutter build of the month
requires t1 int on every piece of gear to maximize the build

Gear requirements: in order of importance.
T1 Intelligence rolls on every piece of gear is a MUST
Resists
WED
Lightning % dmg
% ES
+ ES

Video Guide:

Bandits:
Spoiler

Normal: Help Kraitlyn
Cruel: Help Kraitlyn
Merciless: Help Kraitlyn

Ascendancy
Spoiler

Ascend into the raider class for ranger.
(1)Way of the Poacher
(2)Avatar of Slaughter
(3)Quartz infusion
(4)Avatar of the veil
This will give huge bonus to movespeed/frenzy charge duration/attack speed and damage increases/youll gain onslaught and phasing and extra dodge and finally huge elemental damage increases!

Leveling
Spoiler
I used the unblessed version of HOWA which is hand of thought and motion as soon as I could equip them grabbed as many life nodes around ranger start and headed down to art of the gladiator. and then headed up to witch grabing the es/life hybrids and setting myself up for elemental overload and CI/Vaal pact and ghost reaver.

Level 90
Spoiler

Make sure by lvl 70 you have your fertile minds x2 in, one goes to the left of vaal pact, one goes in the slot above fervour. make sure you grab a brute force solution put it at duelist start near golems blood. by lvl 80 you should have unwavering stance/art of the gladiator all near duelist start, and CI/ghost reaver/vaal pact/Primeval force and be headed towards ele overload. after 80 start taking ES ES ES and more ES grab point blank whenever you feel necessary.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAAHRAecDHgQHBfkHHg2NDkgPqxEvEVARgRGWFHUV1xXwFr8XJhmKGdcaVRqPGyUbyB1PHwIfQSL0I9MqOCsKLL8tHy5TMFs1uTY9NsU26Dy-QdBDMUZpSVFLrkyzTP9OKlT-VYVWSFZjVvpaGluvXfJfal9wYSFjp2wLbRltbG8ndct4-XqEft1_K3_Gg22ExYTvhq6Nfo25j2CP-pAKkyeVLpXMlwaaapsmm7Wfy6OKpMKly6crpzCtM6_rtUi95r6nwzPDOsSizZjN6tCt0NDTb9gk2NXZW9rB3UbjhOd05-ro1upi6xTsGO0_7g7w1fba-TP5Y_sJ_MX9bg==?accountName=Raistlin991986&characterName=RaistlinHowa

Current gear:
Spoiler

Gear explanation and thoughts.
Spoiler
This is my map helmet, St projectile speed is amazing for mapping.

This is my st dmg helm this is used specifically for guardians,shaper and uber atziri to give me the damage to drop them extremely fast.

THESE ARE REQUIRED FOR THE BUILD. One of my HOWAS have culling strike which I find extremely useful for bosses. look for 11% increase to int or above.

Huge ES and INT and resist increases here, pickup most of your es from your chest/helm!

Nice Es + int and resist gloves pretty standand for the build.

I do not use movespeed because I use whirling blades I find it a waste. instead I go for high es +int and resists.

I wouldn't play howa without my headhunter, it just adds to the insanity of this build, maps are basically a breeze, things fall over and drop loot enough said. alternatively a crystal belt with WED resist and high int and +es will suffice.

I pick up what resists I'm missing here, int and WED and lightning % +es and es%

Flasks:

Spoiler

alternatively you can use a wise oak flask if you have trouble reaching resist cap IF lightning resist is your highest elemental resist the wise oak will provide additional lightning penetration.

Gems:

Spoiler

Claw #1 Fortify support-Faster attacks-Whirling Blades
Claw #2 Summon lightning golem-Faster Casting Support-Flame Dash

6l Chest: Greater Multiple Projectiles-Spectral Throw-Weapon Elemental Damage-Elemental Focus-Added lightning Damage Support-Lightning Penetration alternatively you can use faster attacks instead of added lightning.

4l Gloves: Immortal call lvl 10- increase duration 20/20- Cast when damage taken lvl 8-Conductivity lvl 11.

4l Boots: Discipline-Wrath-Enlighten-Purity of elements.

4l Helm: Vaal discipline-Increased duration-vaal haste

twitch.tv/raistlin1986

Thanks for making poe a great community GGG, just trying to do my part and share whatever info I can.

Feel free to ask questions here or in the comment section on youtube, ill do my best to answer them all..

Or drop by the stream and ask live!

Have a great day!

Last edited by Raistlin991986 on May 17, 2017, 11:06:29 PM
Last bumped on Jun 21, 2017, 9:54:17 AM
Thanks for the guide, been watching your stream for awhile now, and is great to see a guide for your build! I highly recommend Raistlin's stream, He's always willing to help anyone and is a genuinely nice guy :)
Hi nice guide, but how you avoid not to be frozen? When i open strongbox with "freeze on open" im dead 100%
"
Hi nice guide, but how you avoid not to be frozen? When i open strongbox with "freeze on open" im dead 100%

Any flask with immunity to freeze and chill solves your problem :D
༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Last edited by Dalariana on Jun 11, 2017, 6:20:49 AM
This is so confused no idea what should i pick in skill tree at start maybe make video? lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info