Useage of ascendancy-Skull

Hi,

i restart playing PoE and i want to start my first lab tomorrow...

I saw on yt, that when you finish the lab, you get a skull which you can use to enchant an item (helmet or boots for example).

My question is:
When i use the skull on my item, did the enchantment overwrite on of my stats on item, or did it only add a special "enchantment-stat"?

Thanks!
Last bumped on May 18, 2017, 4:13:51 PM
"
xXSylarXx wrote:
Hi,

i restart playing PoE and i want to start my first lab tomorrow...

I saw on yt, that when you finish the lab, you get a skull which you can use to enchant an item (helmet or boots for example).

My question is:
When i use the skull on my item, did the enchantment overwrite on of my stats on item, or did it only add a special "enchantment-stat"?

Thanks!

It will only overwrite an implicit modifier, which includes any lab enchant.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Enchantment
Last edited by maxwolfie on May 17, 2017, 7:33:29 PM
Yeah, it won't remove a stat from your item (Other than other Lab Enchants). But give you a special one.

It will also give a minimum level relative to which difficulty of Lab you did to the item (If it was below that level). For example, level 25 for Normal, level 42 for Cruel etc.
Ok, sorry... i dont realy understand what you mean...:)

Questions:

1. When i use it on this for example, will there by something overwritten?

2. So, can i use the Skull on every item without any danger of overwriting a good stat (until i have the "perfect" enchantment)?

3. What do you mean with "Yeah, it won't remove a stat from your item (Other than other Lab Enchants). But give you a special one."? Are there more enchantments in the Lab?
3a. Is there a danger to overwrite a good stat at one of my items?

Thanks again and sorry for my bad english!
"
xXSylarXx wrote:
Ok, sorry... i dont realy understand what you mean...:)

Questions:

2. So, can i use the Skull on every item without any danger of overwriting a good stat (until i have the "perfect" enchantment)?

3. What do you mean with "Yeah, it won't remove a stat from your item (Other than other Lab Enchants). But give you a special one."? Are there more enchantments in the Lab?
3a. Is there a danger to overwrite a good stat at one of my items?

Thanks again and sorry for my bad english!

1) No. There is nothing that will be overwritten.

An example of an item with a Lab Enchant on is this:

That lighter blue text is the Lab Enchant.

2) Yes. You can keep enchanting something until you get a good enchant with no harm to your good statted items.

3) What I mean is that the only thing that is overwritten, is Lab Enchants. Meaning enchanting the same item multiple times will continuously replace the enchant currently on it.

You will not lose any stats from enchanting. At worst you might overwrite a decent enchant with something awful.

The only enchantments in the lab are the ones from the end that can be applied to Gloves, Boots and Helmets.

Their strength and availability are dictated by the difficulty of the Lab you're in.

Normal has the weakest enchants and can only enchant Gloves.

Cruel has slightly stronger enchants and can choose to enchant Gloves or Boots.

Merciless has stronger enchants and can choose to enchant Gloves, Boots or Helmets.

Uber (Accessed from completing trials in Maps and then using an Offering in the map device) has the strongest enchants and can choose to enchant Gloves, Boots or Helmets.
"
Tarille wrote:
3) What I mean is that the only thing that is overwritten, is Lab Enchants. Meaning enchanting the same item multiple times will continuously replace the enchant currently on it.

Any implicit modifier will be overwritten, not just an existing lab enchant.
"
xXSylarXx wrote:

Questions:

Please be careful with wrong advice here. While you can't enchant a belt at the lab (gloves, boots, helmets), an enchantment replaces the implicit property of an item, which is the separated first line of stats text, in the case of this belt the +40 life. The other stats below that line are "explicits". Usual forms of changing stats (like chaos orb, alteration orb, orb of scouring) can only change explicits (and neither implicits nor sockets).

Most gloves, boots and helmets don't have an implicit, so there's usually nothing removed upon enchanting such an item for the first time. However there are exceptions like Gripped Gloves or Two-Toned Boots.

edit: bad wording
Last edited by Solmyr77 on May 18, 2017, 5:29:16 AM
Beware of enchanting items with the corrupted implicit (well any implicit get changed).
Last edited by Rakiii on May 18, 2017, 1:56:49 PM
"
Rakiii wrote:
Beware of enchanting items with the corrupted implicit (well any implicit get changed).

i am 99.95% certain you cannot Enchant corrupted items
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"
Rakiii wrote:

i am 99.95% certain you cannot Enchant corrupted items

I'm 100% certain you cannot enchant corrupted items.

Keep trying to put an enchant on my corrupted Kaom's because I'm like "Oh, they don't have an enchant on, lets whack it there!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info