[2.6] Viper strike | Raider | 3kk Shaper dps

Hey guys, just had an idea of playing viper strike. I had a few class options and picked Raider for Onslaught and eternal Frenzy charges. The main idea is to have a lot of damage and decent life, as VS Shadow builds are pretty squishy.

Let`s take a look.

Overview:
Spoiler
Basically, we are running into a pack of mobs, cast abyssal cry and start hitting with Viper strike exploding the whole pack. On bosses or hard enemies use Wither spell totem. Melee splash for general clearing and Increased duration for bosses. Blade vortex stack more poison on enemies.

Growing agony jewel provides "(8-12)% increased Damage over Time
With at least 40 Dexterity in Radius, Viper Strike deals 2% increased Attack Damage for each Poison on the Enemy
With at least 40 Dexterity in Radius, Viper Strike has a 10% chance per Poison on Enemy to grant Unholy Might for 4 seconds on Hit" basically giving us perma Unholy might as we deal 8-10 attacks per second and increasing our main attack damage by at least 40% per second.

well, speaking of damage, you can check it by importing the code into Path of Building program. (https://pastebin.com/kYh4GFv4)

If you don`t have this program, here are some numbers:
(20 stacks of wither and increased duration gem, 8 frenzy charges, Temp chains and all the flasks)
Normal mob: 18kk DPS
Boss: 9kk DPS
Guardian/Shaper: 3.5kk DPS

Damage could be better, as this stats are for lvl90 and because I have sacrificed lot of damage just for more life, so at lvl90 we`ll have 6300hp+ (getting to 7k+ at lvl 100), around 10k armour with Lion`s roar, 45% phys reduction, 77% move speed (can`t be slowed), 19% block chance, 8k leech (filling us to the maximum with 1 attack), 50%+ crit chance with Diamond flask.

Gear:
Spoiler
Weapon: good choices for lvling are Mortem morsu or Innsbury Edge, end-game are Bino`s and Breath of the council. (ofc. 200ex expensive dagger would be great too)

Armour:
Belly of the beast - good HP, survivability.
Cherrubim`s Maleficence - more chaos damage, lower HP.

Helmet:
Rat`s nest - crit, movement, attack speed, rarity
Devoto`s devotion - chaos res, movement, attack speed, dexterity

Boots:
Kaom`s roots - lot of flat HP, cannot be slowed or stunned.

Belt:
any belt with lot of HP and res

Amulet:
rare amulet with flat phys/chaos, res, life, crit chance/multi, accuracy

Rings:
rare rings with flat phys/chaos, res, life, crit chance/multi, accuracy

Gloves:
rare spiked gloves with life, res, accuracy, phys damage, attack speed

Flasks:
Lion`s roar - more Damage/armour
Atziri`s promise - chaos damage/leech
Witchfire brew - more DoT
Diamond flask - higher crit chance!

Jewels:
2x Growing agony near Ranger area.
Other jewels Must have life, DoT damage, phys damage/crit, accuracy

Gems:
Spoiler
Viper strike - Multistrike - Melee phys damage - Void manipulation - Added chaos damage - Melee splash/Increased duration

Herald of ash - Elemenal proliferation - Blasphemy - Temporal chains/Vulnerability

Whirling blades - Faster attacks - Fortify

Wither - Spell totem - Faster casting

Abyssal cry - Increased area of effect - Cast when damage taken - Blade vortex

Passive tree (lvl90):
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAPESKwB2m40ILu2DGY4AXtN-73ruDqOKI_ZNkvljVP695pXM7T-UuHsUG60V8AX5myYWqj3RBX16U2Hrz3ro1gW1BnBOn3p_IurDOio4m7WExed0bWy1SHaCyAwWv7TRJpVh4lVLNj1irJ2qbIxVhaXL_MUNjRX2YnkABod2Sn1br04qTP9DMcMzWhoj028nmmqPYBjbLiOTmbue2sF07QUtV5cLwWBBY3C-p2VNvTZHfoTZAdx346luwBp4DbXyNZLYvf4K8kU64aZXTeN08SmlfXX-umqM9W_IFKLZsNj-j2uQEvEvci1NFyZ6hNCtQdAAAAAAAA==

I`ll update this thread from time to time, as need to lvl new char (and my wife need my attention, so it`ll probably take a while xD)

Let me know your questions, peeps.
NANI
Last edited by gepmah on May 17, 2017, 6:56:59 AM
Last bumped on May 24, 2017, 4:16:51 PM
Looks interesting, what do you think of this build with an Assassin or even a Berserker (Warbringer which gives a heal when using a warcry, doubling the duration of the WC, AND basically cuts the WC cooldown in half)?

I can see Assassin can really put out absurd DPS via the poison with this build even with unoptimized gear (but core pieces such as Bino's and Breath of the Council, jewels and Flasks).
"
reciprocate wrote:
Looks interesting, what do you think of this build with an Assassin or even a Berserker (Warbringer which gives a heal when using a warcry, doubling the duration of the WC, AND basically cuts the WC cooldown in half)?

I can see Assassin can really put out absurd DPS via the poison with this build even with unoptimized gear (but core pieces such as Bino's and Breath of the Council, jewels and Flasks).

There are tonn of Assassin Viper strike builds. "Dull, boring, predictable..."

I wanted something fresh, also, Assassin lacking frenzy charges on bosses. This build already dealing absurd damage, maintaining 7k+ hp at max lvls.

This build can be pretty flexible with gear. Without Bino and Breath of the council, it still deal a lot of damage, good for starting a league.
NANI
I used the path of building link you put up and messed around with Assassin, Pathfinder, and Occultist variants. I think Pathfinder is pretty solid as well with a Doedre's Elixir Flask to easy maintain power/frenzy charges while maintaining similar HP and DPS using claw (Scourge) instead of dagger.

Assassin is rather predictable, but it's capable of probably highest damage potentially with it overall obviously. Occultist seems feasible, especially if going for a CI version.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info