[2.6] Making Chaos Storm Great Again! Firestorm(100% fire to chaos)

[2.6] Making Chaos Storm Great Again! Firestorm(100% fire to chaos)

This build has only been tested on Witch with Occultist Ascendancy.

I picked Occultist for the extra power charge, the extra curse, and the extra chaos damage.

PROS & CONS -
Spoiler

PROS:
Mobility(Whirling blades)
Bypass ES
Can run all map mods
Cannot be stunned
Never run out of mana(Blood magic)
Tanky for a caster(6k+ HP, MOM, IC)
Survivability(Freeze, temp chains, enfeeble, Wither)
A caster that can use HH
Dual curse
Atziri viable

CONS:
Requires legacy items
Not viable in temp leagues
Must Vaal all gear
Not a 13k+ ES build
Can't 1 hit Uber Izaro

STORY BEHIND BUILD -
Spoiler

This character has been my main off and on but has been nerfed out of existence at least three times now. This character started out as an incinerate/iron will build before incinerate was nerfed. After that, I changed to Chaos Storm, back when you could get 100% fire to chaos conversion with just one Consuming Dark and Infernal Mantle. That's when I used Doon Cubari in my off-hand to get the extra damage from strength and Iron Will.

Once Consuming Dark was nerfed, then I started playing around with different item setups, to see if I could make this build viable again. Even without 100% fire to chaos conversion, this build seemed decent when using Bino's in my off-hand, because of the insane regen Bino's gave. After Bino's was changed to give flat regen though, then this build felt hopeless.

What saved this build was dual wielding Consuming Darks for 100% fire to chaos conversion, using Repentance Crusader Gloves to get iron will back, and using Hungry Abyss Viridian Jewel with 5 corrupted items and a corrupted amulet with fire leech mod to gain life leech from chaos damage.

Now that this build is viable I am officially making chaos storm great again!

BANDITS -
Spoiler

Normal: Oak (Health)
Cruel: Eramir (Skill point)
Merciless: Alira (Power charge)

LINK TO SKILL TREE -

REQUIRED ITEMS EXPLAINED -
Spoiler

Weapons and armour:
Two legacy The Consuming Dark and an Infernal Mantle are required to achieve 100% Fire -> Chaos damage conversion. Legacy Infernal Mantle is optional.

Gloves:
Repentance Crusader Gloves for free Iron Will.

Jewels:
Hungry Abyss Viridian Jewel: What enables this build to leech with 100% chaos dmg. Roll fire leech on a corrupt amulet and with 5 Corrupted items you will have chaos leech. (Good luck ripping all your gears)

Clear Mind Cobalt Jewel: Not sure if I can say that this is required but it does add a lot of dps.

For the other 3 jewel slots look for the following mods:
+ Strength
% Max Life
% Cast Speed
% Damage(Fire, Chaos, AOE)

SKILL GEMS AND LINKS EXPLAINED -
Spoiler

6-Link: Firestorm // Echo// Void Manipulation // Increased AOE // Controlled Destruction // Concentrated Effect

4-Link: Ice Spear // Greater Multiple Projectiles // Lesser Multiple Projectiles // Power Charge On Crit - I use Ice Spear to generate power charges but I also like the utility of freezing big mobs. Using both GMP and LMP gives you 6 addition projectiles.

4-Link: Spell Totem // Wither // Faster Casting // Increased Duration // You don't have to use these exact supports. For example, you could use Increased AOE as opposed to Increased Duration.

4-Link: Cast When Damage Taken // Enfeeble // Temporal Chains // Immortal call

3-Link: Whirling Blades // Faster Attacks // Fortify

3-Link: Cast When Damage Taken // Chaos Golem // Enduring Cry - I use Enduring Cry to get endurance charges for Immortal Call.

CURRENT GEAR -
Spoiler

FLASKS -
Spoiler

VIDEOS -
Spoiler

T12 Map: Coming soon!
T13 Map: Coming soon!
T14 Map: Coming soon!
Atziri: Coming soon!

Last edited by j03d4d on May 31, 2017, 5:02:59 PM
Last bumped on May 31, 2017, 4:39:48 AM
Looks cool, could you post some offensive and defensive stats?
Character limit of 300 characters exceeded
Content can not exceed 5 lines in length
who plays on standard lmao

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info