[2.6] Max Bock Bloison Sunder Varunastra Surrender Bor GLAD

Very tanky 6k life now done all guardians, chayula, shaper,uber lab , havent tried uber atziri.
This build doesn't double dip heavily so it wont be slaughtered in the upcoming 3.0 patch (i hope)
Less of a guide more of a template for others to follow and reference

MY GEAR
Spoiler

Im planning to remove the crafted mod on my gloves and craft attack speed instead
(you can swap the kaom roots for some rare boots with movespeed and resis,that way you wont need resist on jewels and you can drop iron reflex and have a good evasion chance with synergy from BOR's blind.)

(try to get 21/20 gems and 23quality ash. my gear and gems are not really optimized because i am done with the league and i am lazy lol)
JEWELS

(you can get more damage/life and less resist on your jewels but i used these so i can wear bisco collar and leash and still be resist capped. Red nightmare is BIS super op near the marauder area providing 13% block and 41% chance to gain end charge.)

MF

Chayula Breach

For Budget
Use lioneye's remorse shield and normal bringer of rain. you will lose out on free reckoning and the life recover on block. and non-relic BOR has less hp and block chance but that can be compensated with some block nodes on tree. Varunastra was pretty budget but it all changed when the mathil nation attacked, varunastra and the tree can be changed to suit other items such as a rare weapon or soul taker.
New Gear
Spoiler

MY FLASKS
Spoiler

MY TREE

DPS (tooltip, not counting the bleed+poison)
Spoiler

OLD GEAR
Only Hatred and herald of ash
http://imgur.com/iay6AQC
(Now dps tooltip is 64k with only hatred and ash with new gear)
3 frenzy charges,hatred,herald of ash, flame golem lv17, ancestral warchief,taste of hate,lions roar,atziri flask
http://imgur.com/FeLrjHq
hard to get an SS with all possible buffs with painforge it can go up to 195k.. but you wont have all the buffs up during a boss fight anyway.. frenzy charges only available if you kill stuff.
The actual dps is obviously higher because of poison and bleed also with curse on hit vuln

The dps can be higher if i craft attack speed into my gloves instead but i'm too unmotivated to play the league

P.S
For poison immune bosses you can swap into blade flurry-conc effect-added fire-melee phys on full life.
For ascendancy I took Out match and Outlast because it is better for doing beyond+breach maps. If you do not do beyond and breach content too often, Blood in the eyes is good for defense and offense

Update
Spoiler
swapped out kaoms roots and removed iron reflex. got more jewels with hp and damage instead of resistances. got attack speed on gloves.
more dps and more hp. reckoning linked with life gain on hit for more tankiness and a 4L ancestral warchief set up for better bossing.

I can elaborate more on other options you can make if peple want and answer questions if any
Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you.
Last edited by Petarded on May 14, 2017, 12:21:15 PM
Last bumped on Jul 21, 2017, 12:33:41 PM
Very nice build. I was thinking to try poison with my char too. Do u think this can work with soul taker instead varunastra? I can swap a few points to take dirty tecniques and color my chest to use poison instead added fire. I have a bit less block ( 62 after tempest and glad passive) but more hp 6.8k and I play on HC.

Char name is UnbreakableB on hc

using path of building Ill have 60k dps just like u (only hatred and ash) and 94k with poison. If I understand correctly poison dps is "better" than added fire cause we dont have anything to lower mobs fire resist right? So 94k with poison is better than 94k with added fire.

Sry for my english, I hope u can understand :D
Last edited by IHellBoundI on May 13, 2017, 9:00:49 AM
"
IHellBoundI wrote:
Very nice build. I was thinking to try poison with my char too. Do u think this can work with soul taker instead varunastra? I can swap a few points to take dirty tecniques and color my chest to use poison instead added fire. I have a bit less block ( 62 after tempest and glad passive) but more hp 6.8k and I play on HC.

Char name is UnbreakableB on hc

using path of building Ill have 60k dps just like u (only hatred and ash) and 94k with poison. If I understand correctly poison dps is "better" than added fire cause we dont have anything to lower mobs fire resist right? So 94k with poison is better than 94k with added fire.

Sry for my english, I hope u can understand :D

Yea i tried added fire before and i found that poison gem with dirty techniques cluster has better dps. Definitely can use soul taker instead of varunastra! use artic armour as a 3rd aura since you dont need mana with soultaker and your golemn gem use CODT or bloodmagic and you will be very tanky with artic armour.
if you can afford to get a surrender shield that would be better than your current lioneye's remorse. it has less life but way more survivability overall with the life gain on block. also it provides more DPS as the reckoning provided can be linked with curse on hit vuln and even bloodlust if you have the sockets for it.
Getting Red Nightmare is pretty good i notice your character goes towards the marauder area like mine, red nightmare will give 13% block and also 41% chance to gain endurance charge on kill which is a lot of survivability.
Since you are using biscos for clearing normal packs the anvil is a good amulet against bosses when you are not block capped and easily allow you to even hit 78% block
Last edited by Petarded on May 13, 2017, 9:52:45 AM
Nice, ty for the reply. I'll try today after work :)
Yess I want a surrender but on hc is expensive (30ex +). Ive been using anvil on hard bosses but since I dont have taste of hate Im thinking on using a rare amulet with damage and rumi to cap block on bosses. Red nightmare on hc for now is a distant dream lol too much for a poor noob like myself hahaha

Last question: I have 14800 armor with iron reflexes, 12400 armor and 16% evade without it. Do u think its worth to drop iron reflexes for the extra evasion and passive?
Last edited by IHellBoundI on May 13, 2017, 10:19:12 AM
"
IHellBoundI wrote:
Nice, ty for the reply. I'll try today after work :)
Last question: I have 14800 armor with iron reflexes, 12400 armor and 16% evade without it. Do u think its worth to drop iron reflexes for the extra evasion and passive?

It does not seem you have enough evasion to justify taking Ironreflex in the first place. I think it is completely up to you if you if you want to save the passive point or not.
The reason my character has iron reflex is only because i am using kaoms roots which doesnt allow me to evade anyway.
For surrender you can try doing the netol breach yourself should be fairly easy just swap in 2 anti bleed flasks and it should be fairly safe.
After getting surrender you can try the chayula breach yourself too get some chaos resis or a mings heart will help greatly.
After getting red dream you will be able to remove some points you have in bock chance and put it in hp or more damage.

Noticed you are heading for By the Blade cluter, you should not get that if you are using soul taker, its not very efficient without varunastra. get the aoe nodes at templar area it should be better
Last edited by Petarded on May 13, 2017, 10:28:32 AM
Thx a lot! I'll do this. respec iron, the point towards by the blade and 2 more, take dirty tecniques and head to area damage on templar nodes. I have a yellow amy that gives a lot of phy damage, armor % and 120+ life (go from 6.5 to 6.78k hp) that's why Im thinking to use rumis to cap block instead of anvil.

My last glad ripped due chaos damage and now with this one I have a lot more chaos res -4% (31% with atziri promise). My goal is kill shaper on a char that I like to play even if is harder to do, and by far this one is the best fun I had :)
"
IHellBoundI wrote:
Thx a lot! I'll do this. respec iron, the point towards by the blade and 2 more, take dirty tecniques and head to area damage on templar nodes. I have a yellow amy that gives a lot of phy damage, armor % and 120+ life (go from 6.5 to 6.78k hp) that's why Im thinking to use rumis to cap block instead of anvil.

My last glad ripped due chaos damage and now with this one I have a lot more chaos res -4% (31% with atziri promise). My goal is kill shaper on a char that I like to play even if is harder to do, and by far this one is the best fun I had :)

when you get a rednightmare you can swap that rumi for witchfire or taste of hate
Updated gear
Updated. I followed ur tips and the char is 1000% better!!! The only double dip we have is the area damage right? So + area damage or increase damage (correct me if Im wrong here) on jewels give more dps than phy, axes, etc.

Just did a test on sulphur wastes corrupted and the bosses were melted, I bought rumi to cap block and so far all good. Ill try guardians soon (sad that 2 of them have immunities but no problem I guess).

ps. Almost ripped due corrupted blood on a triple essence mob(caught with no charges on my bleeding flask). That was a rly close call (my hp went down to 100+- LOL) my luck was that I killed him fast and used the flask. Bleed is a real danger if ur not paying attention oO.
Last edited by IHellBoundI on May 14, 2017, 8:26:11 AM
"
IHellBoundI wrote:
Updated. I followed ur tips and the char is 1000% better!!! The only double dip we have is the area damage right? So + area damage or increase damage (correct me if Im wrong here) on jewels give more dps than phy, axes, etc.

Just did a test on sulphur wastes corrupted and the bosses were melted, I bought rumi to cap block and so far all good. Ill try guardians soon (sad that 2 of them have immunities but no problem I guess).

ps. Almost ripped due corrupted blood on a triple essence mob(caught with no charges on my bleeding flask). That was a rly close call (my hp went down to 100+- LOL) my luck was that I killed him fast and used the flask. Bleed is a real danger if ur not paying attention oO.

Yea the only thing that really kills me is HUGE dots like corrupting blood but yeah bleeding flasks help a lot and you dont die too easily. for the immunity bosses i swap to bladeflurry as stated but you can use a culling strike gem. i swap to blaed flurry because multistrike sometimes hit mirror atziri. but swapping the green gem slot for culling strike is good too! veryuseful for high hp bosses. try to get culling strike on something like your shield charge or ancestral warchief for easier boss fights.

Yes for the jewels area damage/damage is better than phys damage with weapon because it does douple dip on your poison. Attack speed is also more diserable than inc phys damage as it allows you to stack more poison but do remember the double dipping wont be as effective in the upcoming 3.0 patch. The build isnt really poison reliant too.
Last edited by Petarded on May 14, 2017, 12:17:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info