[2.6 SSFHC] FireNovaMiner Sabo (Staff version)

This is my take on a classic FNM character. I picked Sabo because of the mine nodes as well as the elemental penetration. I chose to use a staff for end-game since a 5L staff can be farmed extremely easily, and a +2 scepter or wand does fine on it's own in low tier maps.

Planned Tree
Spoiler

http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAQk2AwCCRXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2VUth4iaVVEemvp7EXfIrChEv62M2PZ2qbIxirLTF2-dwUXZvfrDYVLMDMhhTMQ5IEZYHHpUu8NVJUX_GkydsCyL0bRkI9MBUakO86pf0UlM9X5eVTLMEB4PbVcY6WOvkXyofAjbF2CRWSKcI6-6FMpctSU-8qprgRZ1TUhzcjxoy0UVHwGYEs6IA8B9o8nxLlnSCm5o77Dg62CcvkFUaOIV7ZlThcxpsNukkqhZv42qdrgN1kStfBL6KoS_viPk3189JscrTtAyycCpTYpUHY8u90B_v60W5hHdUYsHFoEMOjiNfEcKd2WJPyQa5Bpua9p83F6B5QiwAAAAAAA==

Current tree (75)
Spoiler

http://poeplanner.com/AAcAANU2AwBoRXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2VUth4iaVVEemvp7EXfIrChEv62M2PZ2qbIxirLTF2-dwUXZvfrDYVLMDMhhTMQ5IEZYHHpUu8NVJUX_GkydsCyL0bRkI9MBUakO86pf0UlM9X5eVTLMEB4PbVcY6WOvkXyofAjbF2CRWSKcI6-6a4EWdU1Iy0UVHwGYEs6IA8B9o8oKbmjvsODrYJy-QVRo4hXtmVOFzGmw26SSqFm_jap2uA3WRK18EwcWgQw6OI18Rwp3ZYk_JBrkGm5r2nzcXoHlCLAAAAAAA

On the topic of MoM
I'm currently opting for running auras instead of MoM, as opposed to the finalized tree. Right now, Clarity, AA and Blasphemy/Enfeeble does it's job really well on keeping me alive. However I suspect that if I could get the colors for it, just running AA and self-casting a curse would be superior, especially since mana on the tree is plentiful. Witch, Templar and Shadow all have big 2-point notables close by to grab which will net you around 1600 - 2000 mana. Right now, at level 75 and only the Witch's mana nodes I'm at 1200 mana.

Gear, lvl75
Spoiler

The most important thing is life and resist. If you can get it, mana regen, spell damage and movement speed. Blue sockets are fairly important as well, so it can be hard rolling your gear without going hybrid, which is something I wanted to avoid because I want to be able to run lab.

Movement speed is also a hot commodity. Goldwyrm are there for the time being because I wanted the cards for the staff quicker. Flame Dash is bottom-tier right along the lines of Leap Slam without AS investments. This is also why I bothered investing currency rolling a good Quicksilver flask.

Gear, lvl80
Spoiler

Links
Spoiler

Fire Nova Mine - Fire Penetration - Trap&Mine Damage - Minefield - Controlled Destruction - Empower/Elemental Focus/Increased Area of Effect

AA - Enlighten

Flame Dash - Faster Casting - Enfeeble/Optional Curse - Increased Area of Effect

Cast When Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Increased Duration - Optional Vaal skill (if you ever find one)

Stone Golem

The links are written with MoM in mind.

Early end-game video demo
Last edited by OlaSarcasm on May 7, 2017, 8:54:47 AM
Last bumped on May 7, 2017, 7:23:08 PM
added video. I'll record some higher level content if I actually get some good maps. Next step of the build is getting the gear and sockets for self-casting curses so I can get rid of Blasphemy and allocate MoM.
Reaching 5K life in 1 level. The build, when it comes to damage, is surprising. It's not Vaal Fireball, but it's really solid. With the +2 staff and around 50-60% penetration, I'm able to reliably kill beyond bosses before they can cause too much havoc.

I've moved up to yellow maps, screenshot is of the hardest one (boss-wise) I've done so far.

Spoiler

Gear is all the same, but the staff has been regal'd (3% fire damage) and given spell damage with Catarina.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info