Laybrinth alternatives

I am a mostly casual gamer who happens to like action RPGs. Some time ago i fell in love with PoE and kept playing it for some time. While not participating in every league i always came back every few months, made a character in the current hardcore league and checked how far i could get.

The last two times i did this i noticed that the thing that always killed me was the labyrinth. Ok, you may think, you just suck at that. And i agree. I really don't like super mario style games and i have never been good at them.

Well, the labyrinth is optional, i don't have to do it. But of course that is only true if you want to cripple your character at higher levels. I am definately not having fun on those runs but i feel like i have to do them... and they take a lot of time. This game is really fun... except for those things. In a video it was hinted that maybe there will be alternatives to that for achieving the accendency classes. That would be really great for me (and maybe for others as well). You can make them really hard and long, i don't care, but please make them in the same style as the rest of the game. You know, killing mobs and such.

This is just a humble request, ignore it if it's too much to ask. Just out of curiosity concerning other players, please comment if you feel similar to me.
Last bumped on May 10, 2017, 12:42:18 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Lab is fun, maps are stupid.
"
Humperding wrote:

Well, the labyrinth is optional, i don't have to do it.

is that really true? it seems that at some point you have to do it for the most builds.

maybe the uber lab is optional?!
"
Humperding wrote:

The last two times i did this i noticed that the thing that always killed me was the labyrinth. Ok, you may think, you just suck at that. And i agree. I really don't like super mario style games and i have never been good at them.
Goog thing the lab isn't even close to anything that resembles Super Mario or other Jump 'n Runs.
In what video was there ever mention of "some alternative" way to get Ascendancy points? I only remember Chris talking about changes to how the lab would be accessed in 3.0, and possibly making normal lab shorter.
U MAD?

TLDR version: Ascendancy is too important to gate behind one option. Giving us a choice between lab and X would make or keep everyone happy. Considering how much new content they are puking out for 3.0 there is no excuse not to have an alternative to lab.

"
This is just a humble request, ignore it if it's too much to ask. Just out of curiosity concerning other players, please comment if you feel similar to me.

Plenty of people feel similar. There is no reason for GGG not to make an alternative to ascendancy. All the lame excuses people are going to throw at you have already been rationally discussed and countered. It all boils down to this:

For some people lab is great fun, so we keep the lab unchanged just add an alternative and they can keep on enjoying lab all day long and with people choosing not to do the lab helm enchants go up so lab is more profitable for them.

For some people lab is a dirty chore they hate to do, an alternative to ascendancy makes them happy, and if they want helm, boot or glove enchants they have to trade for them, that's the price of not doing lab.

For the rest they are somewhere in between, Maybe they just don't want to do lab on a certain character, well with an option they don't have to.

So lab alternative = great for everyone

What's worse is they have asked the community to provide feedback and the community has more than obliged. The solution has been clear for quite some time now but frankly the only thing that looks like is preventing it is stubborn pride. It's not like trade where there are a hundred different ideas floating around about how it should be done. Also unlike most trade solutions, with ascendancy you can have your cake (granted to me lab is a turd cake) and not eat it too.

The Lab is the ONLY reason i dont play leagues anymore.

Legacy league is amazing but i'm a lazy player. For me, its a kick in my balls have to do the trials and the lab himself. Did it once in Essence and promissed to my self that this wont happen again.

And if leaguestone came to Standard...oh god! I'll play it for years, will buy many supporter packs but never touch my feets again on leagues.
Lab is garbage and traps have no place in an arpg,imo. Figuring out the pattern for the first screen but having to yolo the next 7 is shit design. That would be fine if you could actually die there like a normal map, or be able to leave for a trade like a normal map. If it wasnt for the MASSIVE POWER hidden behind it i think few would run it.

You suck lab, I boo thee

Boooo

"
Humperding wrote:
Ok, you may think, you just suck at that. And i agree. I really don't like super mario style games and i have never been good at them.

really u compare path of exile to super mario?...
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
I have yet to complete the uber-lab trials. Pain in the ass to find, and a pain in the ass to play. Not worth it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info