are totems build dead?

Besides Warchief, Flameblast and Flame totem build.
Why nobody play other totem builds? Like Bladefall or shockwave totem? Are they really bad now?
I really would love to play bladefall totem, but I am bad at making builds
Last bumped on May 1, 2017, 2:10:29 AM
The first thing I want to say to every post like this is, does it matter? Play what you want to play. If you want to play totems, play totems. If you really think you can't make the build on your own, there are so many guides out there you should be able to find something.

My shockwave totems character is the first one I ever best uber lab with. With the AOE nerf it probably won't blow up most of the screen at a go, but that just means he will need to be played more strategically. You can copy myboomboomsgoboomboom and he will get you safely to whatever level I got him to. I don't remember how far I got him but I know I felt he could go further. But league ended and a new league started... You know how it goes.

If you want to learn how to build, try this.

Pick a build.
Study a couple of guides on that build.
Start playing and don t look at the guides again except maybe once at maps.

Good luck.

Wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
Last edited by Lightning_Wolf on Apr 30, 2017, 9:44:29 AM
Not popular because shity clearspeed meta is against inmobile sources of damage.

Is it dead? no.
is it weak? no.
will the sheep play it instead of following the meta? no.
Hail build Diversity,
Death to the speed clear meta.
Well I have a flame totem that just turned 94, he does a pretty good job and I've been able to complete all 4 guardians so far, with a reasonable amount of deaths. Waiting to turn 95 to get another jewel socket and try the Shaper.

He's rather tanky and does decent damage, *BUT* I have to admit he's a bit slow to move and clunky to attack (especially the delay between the totem placement and the beginning of totem attack is boring...). I've been 100% soloing maps so far but I'm pretty sure this char would suck in team because all he would be capable to do is (painfully) running behind the meta builds and picking the loots on the floor.

So : NO totems are not dead, they can do endgame with decent gear and careful playing, and NO they are definitely NOT meta, because meta inplies very high clearing/moving speed. But I enjoy this build right now. I'm saying right now because it's the 1947159th build that I try and maybe in a couple of weeks I'll be on another build anyway.

GL !
EK Nova totem is probably a good map clearer and poison Shockwave a really good boss killer, but currently there are better options. I guess they might make a comeback if Vaal Pact ever gets nerfed.

Because they suck compared to ones you mention and two of those will suck when double dipping is nerfed so all we will play after that is Ancestral Warchief.

In general totems suck on clear speed meta because of placement and activation time compared to the one shot clear whole screen meta of self cast/attack.

Don't bother with Blade fall. Its AOE terrible now, dont hit that hard in first place and about to get nerfed if you plan to poison with it. Only totems worth it are the 3 you mention which is why thats all you see. People know.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 1, 2017, 2:19:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info