[2.6] Explo5ive's Scion Archer Guide <> All Content

Okay so first off I am a rather new player, started off about a month ago in POE absolutely <3 the game and thought I would share my favorite build so far. I like doing my own thing and it is somewhat out of the normal for an archer but I enjoy the Scion class. I am working my way solo to the end-game maps and bosses I will post videos and information when I reach these areas. Okay so the build..

Build Pros:
* Fast Clear Speed
* Great build to start and level quickly in new league
* Scales really well into eng-game with proper gearing
* The unique items are cheap!
* Zero issues with Mana
* Can Handle All Bosses I Have Met (T15 Maps)
* Easily Faceroll the Uber Lab
* Fun to play, uses multiple different abilites, not just 1 key spam
* Has great AOE and good Boss killing ability
* Can run all maps but Ele Reflect (It can do Ele Reflect but you don't want to)[/spoiler]

Build Cons:
* Can be expensive to max out (I am not NEAR there yet)
* Can't run elemental reflect without swapping gems
* Has life & ES, gotta choose one or the other
* There are better builds for boss killing

Few Videos:

Uber Izaro Final Fight: https://youtu.be/ahm3fOuq-Rw

Coming Very Very Soon xD (Next Couple of Days, not one of those threads that says that and they never come!)

Current Build Progress:
* Completed 110+ Maps on Atlas
* Solo leveled and farmed all gears
* Can easily clear lvl 80+ maps in ~5 minutes
* Can clear every unique map (Hall of Grandmasters is challenge)
* Get alot of compliments in game and questions because Scion is rare
* Has done Uber Lab and Atziri (Can speedrun both)
* Killed the Chimera and Phoenix Guardians

Build Mechanics:
Defense: Lets start here because the ol' "You do zero DPS if you are dead" rule. Very high evasion rating, more dodge and evasion from keystones (see passive tree), CWDT links, crazy knockback + crit (its even commical at times), and finally we have decent life pool of ~5k.

Damage/Offense: So where do we get the damage? Critical Chance, Critical Multiplier, Frenzy charges, Power Charges, 3 offensive auras. Quite simply, if you shoot the enemies will die. You can run this build as I do with Doomfletch or you can also scale very high with Physical Damage Harbinger. And depending on which you choose there is different things to aim for in terms of the damage buffing gear on jewelry etc.

Note: You can scale your defense and offense quite high for very very affordable prices, however to have the most fun and enjoyable time in higher tier maps and end-game bosses you can upgrade pieces as you go to make the build exponentially better.

Life Based Skilltree:
www.poeurl.com/bilJ

ES Based Skill Tree:
www.poeurl.com/bilM

Bandits All Difficulties:

For Life Build: Oak - Normal, Point - Cruel, Alira - Merciless

For ES Build: Point - Normal, Point - Cruel, Alira - Merciless

Skills and Links:

Note: Skills with an archer can VARY ALOT you can use many different skills to achieve the same goal. It all just depends on what you enjoy and feel comfortable with, personally I use Split Arrow and Barrage so those are the links I will be listing here but by all means using what you enjoy (Tornado Shot, Ice Shot, Lightning Arrow, etc). Just remember to keep one skill for AOE (My Split Arrow) and one skill for Single Target Damage (My Barrage).

AOE Skills Include: Tornado Shot, Lightning Arrow, Split Arrow, Ice Shot, Explosive Arrow

Single Target Skills Include: Blast Rain, Trap Setup, Barrage, Frenzy, Vaal Flame Arrow

Links:

Split Arrow: Split Arrow - Physical Damage Support - Weapon Elemental Damage - Increased Crit - Power Charge on Crit (If you have Skyforth's Boots you can remove the Power Charge for another Damge Dealer)

Barrage: Barrage - Slower Projectiles - Weapon Elemental Damage - Increased Crit - Fast Attacks - Elemental Focus

Boot Links: Immortal Call - CWDT - Enfeeble - Golem

Gloves: Blink Arrow - Duration - Blood Rage - Assasins Mark (Use AM on bosses, ups DPS by alot)

Helm: Herald of Ash - Haste/Hatred - Enlightened - Herald of Ice

Current Gear for Life Build:

Current Life Build Flask:

Special Thanks:
* To everyone that asked and was interested in the build!
* GGG for making this badass game!
* Corsair for gaming gear sponsor

THIS GUIDE WILL BE UPDATED JUST TIRED OF DOING IT FOR NOW
Last edited by Explo5ive on Apr 30, 2017, 3:18:52 AM
Last bumped on Jul 2, 2017, 3:24:06 AM
Reserved
Media Reversed

Uber Izaro Final Fight: https://youtu.be/ahm3fOuq-Rw 4/30/17
Last edited by Explo5ive on Apr 30, 2017, 3:20:18 AM
Hey,

Kinda new to the game but I've got a few level 60's so far. So with the passive tree I noticed that after the initial 10 points or so it kinda just goes off path and starts again over in a different section. Just wondering how I achieve that, everytime I try to go to a place I havent linked to, it says "requirements not met". Looking at the life build.

Thanks.
"
SammyTehBee wrote:
Hey,

Kinda new to the game but I've got a few level 60's so far. So with the passive tree I noticed that after the initial 10 points or so it kinda just goes off path and starts again over in a different section. Just wondering how I achieve that, everytime I try to go to a place I havent linked to, it says "requirements not met". Looking at the life build.

Thanks.

Connect the shortest path from scion to duelist on the tree build, then spec those points out later when you have enough ascendancy points to get Path Of The Duelist which lets you start passives at duelist.

Or that's what I believe how it works.
raider op
Last edited by jvlinh on Jun 22, 2017, 3:45:50 AM
Do you think the Death's Harp Death Bow is better than the Doomfletch's Prism Royal Bow?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Death%27s_Harp
Just seeing if you guys think Hyrri's Ire Zodiac Leather is better than the Belly of the Beast if the Hyrri's has midrange to high rolls on it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info