Scaling decay inflicted by animated guardian

If I equip my animated guardian with Essence of Delirium weapon does minion damage increase the damage of decay? Also, does support gems linked with Animate Guardian gem increase the decay like they does when I link them with the gem I'm using? To sum up all these questions, I would like to know how does animated guardian interact with essence gear, especially with Essence of Delirium.
Last bumped on May 4, 2017, 12:21:20 PM
ALL DAMAGE that minions do is boosted by Minion Damage (support gem or skill tree).

The 750 chaos damage from essence of delirium will be scaled by Minion Damage.

In general, anything you equip on an animated guardian will work for the guardian EXCEPT skills.
The guardian will not use skills, so if an item grants a skill, the guardians wont use it, but if the item passivley augments an attack, it will work.

I.E.
If you have the exaults to waste, and equip your guardian with Cospri's Will, the guardian will poison on hit any cursed enemy.
(And minion damage will double dip on the poison, at least until 3.0.)

In general any gems linked to a minion will work, if appropiate, so if you link rapid decay with your animate guardian, this should boost the 750 chaos damage.

Personally, i find the guardian is NOT a good source of damage.
I did find a use for it on one build I made, but that was as a buff bot, to buff the other minions, not to do damage himself.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1863111
Last edited by Odif on May 1, 2017, 9:15:24 AM
Thank you for your reply. I know it wont be top tier clearing speed build but i will try anyway just for fun. My idea is to sacrifice some of my defense for the sake of animated guardian. I will probably wear The Baron, dual Scourge, Grip of the Council and something like that on me,while equiping guardian with essence of delirium weapon, Geofri's Sanctuary (since guardian will benefit from my strength), Shaper's Touch, Esh's Visage (to prevent chaos from bypassing guardian's ES) and so on. This is just initial idea i will probably change many things while experimenting with this all.
Do you know how much ES AG has? I think you are better off getting it a lot of %life (not ES) regen and stuff like:

Main problem with AG survival (with exception of some endgame bosses) is bleed from Essence mobs and lab/trials. The boots should fix that. Boot Enchantment supposedly works for AG. Tested neither though.
Armour increases Decay damage.
Shield is for survival. There is an upgraded better(?) version.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
You are right. I was doing some theory with Guardian ascendancy to push up AG's ES as much as possible, but the value is still low (2-3k ES with good gear). There is just no point in trying to build some hipster defense for AG since ES can't be scaled high with existing items. I'm not sure I know what you mean by "armor increases Decay damage". I have in mind to role flasks with % of life recovery to minions. You are probably thinking about The Oak shield. I'm not so worried about what to put on AG since he can probably benefit more from items I'm wearing (at least in terms of offense). The Oak is probably the best defense option when it comes to shields on AG, but when I think of body armours i will probably put Ambu's Charge on my AG, since that item got buffed recently. The rest of gear is still in consideration and I will be happy to hear any of your ideas about what should I do or don't equip on me or my guardian.
"
boemkesa wrote:
I'm not sure I know what you mean by "armor increases Decay damage".

Look at the armour I posted: It has "%increased chaos damage" which should scale the Decay damage which the AG does.

"
boemkesa wrote:
The rest of gear is still in consideration and I will be happy to hear any of your ideas about what should I do or don't equip on me or my guardian.

Already did. My knowledge about using AG for damage is limited. For defense I cap (or close to) chaos resist and overcap elemetal resists.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
In case you are wondering, AG's dmg is pretty nice, I'm one-shotting white mobs and decay is making the rest for stronger mobs. I haven't equppied AG with anything than gloves and weapon yet, but he is already great as I said. The only problem is that he is waiting for a short time after destroying one pack before he comes for another.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info