Font Error

Hi,

Not sure what's going on but, after the patch last night, my game wont launch. It gets to the initial loading screen and then I get the following error message:

"Font: PMinglu": in source code file: Resource\FontResourceWindows.cpp
at line 56,
Processing file: Pminglu
Error: Failed to get text metrics

This error has occured for a few different fonts.

I've also just received an error while trying to run the game that was titled:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime error

I've attempted the steam file verification fix but there was no change. I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks for your time.

Last bumped on Jan 5, 2019, 5:17:10 PM
"
RavenTriad wrote:
Hi,

Not sure what's going on but, after the patch last night, my game wont launch. It gets to the initial loading screen and then I get the following error message:

"Font: PMinglu": in source code file: Resource\FontResourceWindows.cpp
at line 56,
Processing file: Pminglu
Error: Failed to get text metrics

This error has occured for a few different fonts.

Another user reported this similar issue. Their resolution was to re-run the update associated with the optional Windows fonts. It seems their update failed, but did so after deleting the existing fonts, but not installing the new copies.

Also, try setting the client to English language only (if you've selected another language). If you can't even launch the client, then do this via the production_Client.ini file from the %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile folder. You can either edit that file or delete it. If you choose to delete it, make a backup first (ie: just rename it).
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on May 1, 2017, 8:32:49 AM
I've experienced the same error today. Verified files through Steam and no error in them.
I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, all updates since May are successful (I've got the laptop since May).
Searched fonts, did not find a font with the exact name, what I found was PMingl*i*u
Downloaded the font from 2 different websites and installed, still error was not fixed.

Open to suggestions. Client was working up until 1 hour before receiving the error.

EDIT:

Managed to fix this, here's how:

Entered Elevated Administrator account on Win 10, here's how to enable:
Start > type in cmd and run as administrator, type in: net user administrator /active:yes
restart PC and Windows will set it up. Open file explorer and type in \\localhost\c$\Windows\Fonts
find all files containing Pminglu, minglu etc and delete them. There was one or two that even the elevated admin couldnt remove so leave it.

and then run PoE, should work, at least it did for me.
Last edited by nekubg on Jun 18, 2017, 11:24:30 AM
I didn't work for me.. any other solution to that problem?
I un-install the latest win 10 update
This is fucked up...

I can't delete the font. Even this guide to take ownership of the fucking file didn't help - http://www.askvg.com/guide-how-to-take-ownership-permission-of-a-file-or-folder-manually-in-windows/

Can we have some GGG help on this issue?
Hello?
GGG, this is quite annoying! Please, give us some kind of fix...
Hi there ivkoto77777,

We may be able to look into this further for you. Can you please email us at techsupport@grindinggear.com about this issue?
"
nekubg wrote:
I've experienced the same error today. Verified files through Steam and no error in them.
I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, all updates since May are successful (I've got the laptop since May).
Searched fonts, did not find a font with the exact name, what I found was PMingl*i*u
Downloaded the font from 2 different websites and installed, still error was not fixed.

Open to suggestions. Client was working up until 1 hour before receiving the error.

EDIT:

Managed to fix this, here's how:

Entered Elevated Administrator account on Win 10, here's how to enable:
Start > type in cmd and run as administrator, type in: net user administrator /active:yes
restart PC and Windows will set it up. Open file explorer and type in \\localhost\c$\Windows\Fonts
find all files containing Pminglu, minglu etc and delete them. There was one or two that even the elevated admin couldnt remove so leave it.

and then run PoE, should work, at least it did for me.

Thank you so much for this, I was unable to start PoE but this fixed it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info