2.6 Raider cheap Lightning Strike 100k+ DPS league starter

Disclaimer
Spoiler
Welcome to Claydole's first build guide.
As it's my first it wont be perfect but the everyone starts somewhere.
Also, this build isn't finished, at the time of creating this it's only level 60 but i got a little bored.
Currently level 60, running dried lake cruel with ease and having a lot of fun doing so.

Path of building calculates that getting 100k dps is well within reach and possible to go well above that.
I'm playing in HC Legacy and reckon i'll make it to mid teir maps before i rip, i don't rate it to much higher then that.

Why this build?
Spoiler
It's fun, fast, good damage which only gets higher as we go, !!CHEAP!!, i have sunk 10c into this so far and that's mid league when things are expensive.
Yes there are other builds for around the same price that will be around the same power level if not better but i enjoy this one and think a few others may too.

Pros/Cons
Spoiler

Pros
-Cheap, not much investment to get going (10c by level 60 for 11k dps)
-fast, high attack speed and whirling blades is always a good time.
-so far decent dps
-life leach and VP from the tree, always nice to leach a decent amount of life back
-reflect doesn't seem to be to much of a problem (i'll explain later)
-Raider, free frenzy charges for them dpsssss.
-was fairly easy to leave with Lightening strike right from the start and has had decent AOE throughout

Cons
-Will be a glass cannon in late maps
-i doubt i'll be able to push this build past 4.5k life even with good gear.
-There are better build out there, i mean HOWA for one.
-It has a crappy build guide (sorry)

Quick snapshop of level 60 damage with bad gear (11k)
Spoiler

What's this build built around??
Spoiler
Four of these jewels with a stack of dex add's a fair amount of flat damage that is pretty easy to scale.

Path of building 110k dps with 1alc weapons
Spoiler
That's with the tree maxed out (one point left, level 99) but using pretty low damage weapons.

Path of build 176k dps 1c weapons (glass cannon)
Spoiler
Not that i have been able to in game (only level 60) but playing around on path of building (above ss i changed lightening pen out of ele focus and changed the two weapons) it seems to be able to pump out some decent damage. ( the two weapons used above were just the first higher ele dps ones i found, they have increased damage taken per frenzy charge so wont use them in HC, more just to see what dps i could get.

Gem links
Spoiler
Lightening strike- WED- Added lightening- Lightening Pen- Multistrike- 6th Ele focus/faster attack/other stuff

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAGOnnsTdRpXMjbm95hcmLOlvJwUtbIxVhTrhJpWjiowLft2btYTF_rpUR1oaCpsOSDy-VUuMNnTtI_atM76n-WNHfujWmyZ_xp2qGbR6hMDjKjgBvEtXPydvnhvIJJ1d8l-wpleDbRnX8kWkeBEveu99daa-VP7QrYaz73oWvzfUEYE1kv6PYqxuqucKePltbEMxSsi9NkHQ9qNNku4O2L25fMHV8YrDOtrBFSAV8DB8_gpqk-0_8bOaai2Dm402PWVNtfJN419wEZYF-SsK035M_9jVYeLe-KXL7LDP3SLq53TKSmJaMFu1SMMzfytRR04qI9MA7utj_W7OqCpN
I seem to change the tree around a bit but that is the tree at the time this guide was made and when the screnshots were taken.

Leveling
Spoiler
Take life/damage nodes as you feel you need them, i level pretty much up and right then down to dullest leaving out the extra frenzy charges. will grab scion wheel as needed. Kinda don't have to much advice on how to level other then take what you need as you go, int was a bit of an issue early on but there are handy nodes to fix that pretty easy or just craft onto gear. Essence's can craft flat ele damage pretty easy and so far i have used those on gear pretty well.

Reflect
Spoiler
The tree gives us %10 reduced reflect damage taken, Sibyls takes that to %50.
Also this build isn't so much one massive hit that would kill us instantly more so a lot of little hits that leach can give us back with VP before dying.
This hasn't been tested in maps yet or with really high damage output but it feels good so far.

This build is incomple and i'll add to it / improve it as I level up in game.
Please let me know what you think and feel free to give pointers or advice on what you would do.

Cheers

Clay
Last edited by claydole on Apr 28, 2017, 1:18:16 AM
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2017, 1:13:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info