[3.7] - "Rainchief" - Bringer of Rain A. Warchief (Cheap, Simple, League Starter)

"
lolindor wrote:
is this hardcore viable?

To be honest, I don't know what that entails. Any build, to me, is hardcore viable, as to me hardcore is just about being a smart/cautious player.

In the sense that you are just dropping totems and trying to stay alive, I'd say any totem build is hardcore viable, just for the fact all you have to do is those 2 things, making the game much easier.
"
lolindor wrote:
is this hardcore viable?

I'd say so, if you're a decent player and as long as you take berserker's 10% inc damage taken into account. You can even drop some damage nodes or jewels and get more endurance charges and try to vaal your meginord's into a +1 EC as well. For reference, with the gear I posted on the previous page I have 7k hp and ~43% (+10% spell) block. You can add defensive flasks like Rumi's and basalt on top and I think it would end up feeling pretty safe.
I made a simple mistake in the PoB config and forgot to specify that A. Warchief was specifically socketed in the BoR, and of course that means it wasn't adding the extra phys dmg, attk speed and blind.

I've corrected the error and DPS now properly showing at 680k.

Main thread has been updated.
what support gems would u guys suggest now in 3.0? that brutality looks juicy
"
lolindor wrote:

All you need to do is read the main post to get the answer to this.
"
lolindor wrote:

Depends how much you want to rely on unique flasks (many add chaos or ele dmg). I'm using Brutality (+conc/aoe + ruthless) because I went BM so ele auras were out anyway and because the only real alternative was dmg on full life and that didn't fit my playstyle.
The next time you want to make a video showing off what the build can do, perhaps do one in which you don't just run around with shield charge for the first minute.

Otherwise, cool build.
"
Korinthian wrote:
The next time you want to make a video showing off what the build can do, perhaps do one in which you don't just run around with shield charge for the first minute.

Otherwise, cool build.

And perhaps you shouldn't assume you know fully well why things are the way they are.

When I created this variant, I wasn't specifically making a new build, I was just playing around with "The Warchief" build and started messing with the idea of using BoR with it. I started posting my progress in the main "The Warchief" thread, and apparently enough people were following my posts that the OP of "The Warchief" thread asked me to write a full guide for the BoR variant, hence beginning my adventures in build guide writing. By the time he asked me to write it, though, I had already moved on to the Starchief build and the Scourgeflurry one (all created with the same toon), so I was no longer playing Rainchief, and hence why I had to use one of the only videos I found I had recorded of me using the build.

Apologies for it not being up to your standards.
Thanks for the build Corosou!

I'm currently leveling following this guide, for 3.0 I'd recommend taking Ancestral bond at Lv.33 once you can equip Deidbell helm along with Meginords. In a tabula I was running melee, melee full life, added fire, ruthless and faster attacks. It completely stomps all bosses in act 5 and act 6, most of the fights hardly last 10 seconds. Once you get a great old ones ward in there as well the only thing slowing you down is totem activation time as you'll 1-2 shot magic packs and rares.

Progressing extremely fast, I'd say it's going to be a very easy sub 9hrs played to reach Prologue. (pretty good as I find the new 10 act progression is slightly longer than 3 difficulty runs)

I know it might be sad to not see millions of DPS in PoB anymore, but with the increase in boss life in 3.0 this build will still be one of the easy choices for safe and fast boss killer on a budget.
Last edited by Sectiplave on Aug 13, 2017, 10:46:36 PM
hey, this is one great build to start everything off :)
Kudos to you for updating it to 3.0 and making it still viable.
I switched to this build from guggelhupf's build and tweaking this one to my liking.
The only lacking equip for me is the Death's Door which I subtituted with a good enough rare lvl 65 boots until I get enough currency to get the death's door.

I saw you took Kraityn but I personally took Oak instead for extra survivability which I like in my builds.

Now, unless I missed something in the thread, I would like to ask what major and minor in pantheon do you suggest for this build? I currently follow Brine King + Gruthkul (as per guggelhupf's recommendation). What do you think will suit this one?

Thanks again for all this :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info