[2.6] RF VP Low-Life Ice Storm Inquistor

Background

I've been trying various Whispering Ice builds over the last two leagues. I started with an Emberwake/Taming double dip burn stacking prolif elementalist (~900 int), then moved to a traditional full int stacking elementalist golem build (~1600 int). Both were vaal pact and CI. The burn stacking build had far higher DPS against bosses, mostly from the burn stacking. But with only about 2/3 of the hit damage, it tanked far worse using Vaal Pact than the traditional int stacking build.

[2.6]Legacy League Righteous Fire Vaal Pact Ice storm Inquisitor

The third, and current iteration, has almost as much Int as the traditional Int stacking build with ~1400, but has two additional more multipliers: Pain Attunement (30%) and Righteous Fire (59%). This gives it more DPS and tankiness than the first two builds I made, but the final version of the RF build cost me far more than the other two combined. However, it is very easy to build into, adapting it as I was able to afford the gear.

Basic Mechanics
The underlying goal for the build is to utilize RF and Pain Attunement to further scale the DPS of Ice storm. I also get secondary trash clearing DPS from RF, which is nice.

To enable RF we need +max fire resist and ES regeneration. Unfortunately I also take Vaal Pact, which prevents life regeneration, so Zealot's Oath will do no good. There are three sources of ES only regeneration in the game: 1) Inquistor Consecrated Ground (4%) 2)Shavronne's Revelation Moonstone Ring(3%) 3)Shavronne's Gambit Boots(1%). I use 1 and 2 on this build, I found 3 to not be worthwhile.

To get max fire res, I use a lvl 20 Purity of Fire in The Vertex Helm with lvl 2 empower and 26% increased aura effectiveness, to give a max fire res of 82%. With Divination Distilate and a Ruby Flask up, it's 92% max fire resistance.

I Use Shavronne's Wrappings to enable Pain Attunement, obviously.

Because Shav's ring prevents mana regeneration, I'm using Divination Distilate for all of it's properties! Honestly, I think that's a first for me. It's all of the mana for the build, +max res, and magic find.

Gear

Path of Building Code

Shaped Strand Run with 54% pack size and alot of fun Mods (EE, Enfeeble): Mods Video

Last edited by Smodab on Apr 25, 2017, 12:45:12 PM
Last bumped on Apr 25, 2017, 12:42:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info