Missing Shaper's Orb

Seem to have lost a Tier 10 shaper's orb on standard. Gamepedia indicates that there are 3 Tier 10 maps that drop orbs

- Vaal Temple Map
- Vinktar Square
- Overgrown Ruin

I have completed and red-checked all. I however have only 2 shaped maps (colonnade and quay). I have checked all my character's inventory (can't even move the orb to stash) and came up with nothing. I re-ran all 3 maps and nada.

Wondering if this has happened to anyone ? Have sent a ticket to support but thought I might be able to glean some information. I suspect I lost this during the merge between Standard and Breach Leagues.
Last edited by DAKKONx on Apr 25, 2017, 2:58:19 AM
Last bumped on Apr 26, 2017, 12:50:58 AM
Er... "red-checked"?

In order to drop a Shaper's Orb, you must complete the Bonus Objective for that Map (so, if anything, orange-circle, or green-check, not red-check). For red-Tier Maps, this means you must kill the Map Boss (or all Map Bosses if there are multiple) on a Corrupted Rare version of the Map. This means you need to have had a Rare (yellow) Overgrown Ruin and applied a Vaal Orb to it (The Trial divination card may allow you to skip the vaal orb step) and then killed all the Warband leaders at the end of the Map. Did you do this?

Do note that they also need to be non-legacy (i.e. circle-shaped) Maps. But I presume the first thing is your issue and not the running-square-or-egg-shaped Maps issue that pops up here and there.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
Er... "red-checked"?

In order to drop a Shaper's Orb, you must complete the Bonus Objective for that Map (so, if anything, orange-circle, or green-check, not red-check). For red-Tier Maps, this means you must kill the Map Boss (or all Map Bosses if there are multiple) on a Corrupted Rare version of the Map. This means you need to have had a Rare (yellow) Overgrown Ruin and applied a Vaal Orb to it (The Trial divination card may allow you to skip the vaal orb step) and then killed all the Warband leaders at the end of the Map. Did you do this?

Do note that they also need to be non-legacy (i.e. circle-shaped) Maps. But I presume the first thing is your issue and not the running-square-or-egg-shaped Maps issue that pops up here and there.

Thanks for your input.

I meant "Green ticked" where i cleared the final boss at the end. Indeed I have done this based on the points that you have listed above. I have cleared (many times) each of the 3 T10 shaper orb map types

1) Corrupted rare version
2) Tier 15 non legacy version. Circle maps

Issue is right now I do not have the blue-dotted circle surrounding each of the 3 maps that indicates "Shapers Orb would drop on completion". This implies that there are none left for me to collect.
Fair enough. The only other non-bug explanation I can think of right now is if the Shaper's Orb is located on a character you haven't checked, perhaps a character transferred in from a temporary league, and/or on a crafting bench. The annoying part is that if I remember my testing right, it's still character exclusive when you put it on a crafting bench, which means to be fully sure this isn't the issue, you'd not only have to check all your crafting benches, you have to do all the benches on all of your characters.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
Fair enough. The only other non-bug explanation I can think of right now is if the Shaper's Orb is located on a character you haven't checked, perhaps a character transferred in from a temporary league, and/or on a crafting bench. The annoying part is that if I remember my testing right, it's still character exclusive when you put it on a crafting bench, which means to be fully sure this isn't the issue, you'd not only have to check all your crafting benches, you have to do all the benches on all of your characters.

Yes I have checked the inventory and crafting benches of each of my characters (interestingly that's the first thing support told me to do). I only have 2 and I never deleted any of my toons.

What I suspect is that when breach merged with standard, the atlas was not merged immediately and this caused issues. I was 126/126 on breach and on first day of standard I had a blank 0/126 atlas. I probably ran one of the T10 maps based on my existing stock and got an orb during the first day. Somehow once it got merged, I lost that orb.

Guess I have to wait for support to review my ticket.
Running the map from which you are missing the orb will cause it to drop again (as long as you run it under the correct conditions). In the case of the unique map, or Vaal Temple, you just have to kill the boss(es), but for Overgrown Ruin, you will have to do a corrupted rare version.
U MAD?
"
adghar wrote:
It doesn't matter if the orb is on another character. You can get it on every character if you want. Once it's used, all the duplicates on all your characters is deleted. So making sure it's not in a crafting bench on one character and then rerunning the maps with the completion condition will get the orb to drop on that character.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Running the map from which you are missing the orb will cause it to drop again (as long as you run it under the correct conditions). In the case of the unique map, or Vaal Temple, you just have to kill the boss(es), but for Overgrown Ruin, you will have to do a corrupted rare version.

Indeed I have done this but no orb still. There would be a blue dotted outline for maps that have Shaper's Orb but there is no outline for the 3 T10 maps I have. This blue dotted line would reappear if I unshape a map for example but as it is it seems like the orb had simply vanished into thin air.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info