2k life 1k es is that bad for starting maps on a es character?

I played my melee guys no problem on maps. Log back on my es character and now realize the gear is really bad for my level. Is 2k life 1k es viable for starting maps? Bosses seem to kill me fast. Usually, I have to kill the map boss before they kill my vaal summon skeletons.
Last bumped on Apr 26, 2017, 6:09:40 AM
Someone did Atziri with an EB CI character. You can do whatever youre capable of, I guess.

You will be one-shot with that low health pool, though. No, not viable.

E:
I recently started maps on a summoner. You can get away with less hp with your summons providing a meatshield of sorts. I'm sitting comfortably at 3.3/2.4 and you probably don't need quite that much to start... But my next skill points will all be going into life because as I progress through maps shits going to hit harder and harder.
Where there's one they're bound to divide it right in two.
Last edited by slatra on Apr 24, 2017, 8:36:07 PM
That is very very low.

For starting maps? Like T1/T2?

It's not great. But not the worst.

But once you're in maps, you can find some Vaal Regalia, Hubris Circlet, Sorcerer Boots, Sorcerer Gloves and Titanium Spirit Shields that you can craft with to bump up your ES quite quickly.

My last ES character hit T1 with 1.5k ES as CI, then I went in, crafted a couple of mediocre items and then was sitting pretty at 4.5k ES. If I went and crafted more than 2 items, or went harder for good rolls, I could have pushed that up higher too.
Yeah you will get smooshed at that HP/ES.

You may actually clear some maps, but you won't have fun doing it, and you most likely will run out of portals (and you won't level because you will be dying so much!). Don't do Jungle Valley, the chaos damage will melt your face quickly.

As has been said, you should be able to boost your ES relatively quickly - I think 4000+ is minimal for starting maps, with some decent leech in there, so as to not want to kill yourself from the frustration.
That is VERY low.
U MAD?
^
Even my glass cannon FP inquisitor has like 2.9k/1.4k
But I'd say it depends on your main skill, if it is ranged and deals good damage then only thing you have to care about is bosses.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
As others have said, "it depends".

For *starting* maps you'll probably find T1-T2 easier than Merci A4, the bosses aren't as hard as Malachai.
That being said (and as others have said before): If you are melee, you'll probably die more than you like. If you are a summoner: why not? Getting upgrades to gear shouldn't be that hard once you can comfortably farm dried lake (which you are probably doing if you want to start maps).
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info