Gap between Crafting and Exalt Orb

Good Morning/Evening

I play Path of Exile for some years now. Some times i played really casualy and the last year i guess i played to much for it to be healthy. There is a lot i like, some stuff i wish it would be different, but one thing i really hope for a change. And this is crafting and the need of exalts for really good gear and their rarity/prices.

My Request:

One Item (i.e. Exalt) you need for a Core Game mechanic like crafting, shouldn't be that expensive that most normal Players Skip the crafting System for Endgame items and just go shopping on poe.trade.

Make currency items for crafting accessible for most of the players, even if you have to increase the amount of "useless" Stats that can Roll on Items to Keep the Chance to craft a really good Item on the same Level. At least everyone can try it and having fun completely using this interesting mechanic.

The Main Problem:

Crafting is a fun and interesting Part of the Game. But because of the High Price/Low Drop chance of Exalts it isn't really worth to do it, except you have a ton of Currency.

1 Exalt is ~90 Chaos in Legacy and ~45 Chaos in Hardcore Legacy. In Legacy you need to spend up to 180 Chaos to just get 2 stats on an freshly Regaled Item and hope it gets the one stat you really need, which is mostly the third missing inc. / Flat ES stat. I focus mainly on crafting ES Items in this case, cause i think there is the problem i see the biggest.

Most times you can see you get Life reg or Reflect Damage and you know you just wasted 180 Chaos, for which you could buy 4 Chests with nearly 800 ES on poe.trade. SO if you dont Play SSF never craft Endgame Items unless you have like 3k Chaos you dont need for other Parts of the Game, and just buy the Stuff in the Shop or go for Chaos Spam, which is just spamming one button.

I understand and support the thinking there should be Items which are really Rare, or insanely Rare like a mirror. But an Item which is really needed for crafting to make it feel smooth and rewarding, and not Painfull to use cause you know you could equip one or more complete Chars with the curreny you Spend for one Item.

Luck:

Of course does Luck really matter in crafting. And i know i am normaly insane unlucky and most players ain't spend that much Time/currency for the same i do. I got my First exalt this Season after over 100 hours Gameplay and i spend 3k Chaos to craft one ~800 ES Chest. For this i could have bought more than one really nice ES Items, but then i missed out the chance to have fun maybe getting a really really good item. But this fun cost a lot and isn't accessible for a lot of Players.

Thanks for reading and i am sorry if i offended someone.

Greetings
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2017, 3:40:50 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
If you make crafting materials more plentiful and add more brick affixes you're basically keeping crafting constant (if balanced that way) but make loot drops worse. I would rather not have that change personally.
There really isn't a crafting system it is a lottery.
"
Swissknight wrote:
Crafting is a fun and interesting Part of the Game. But because of the High Price/Low Drop chance of Exalts it isn't really worth to do it, except you have a ton of Currency.

Working as intended.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info