Multiple ignites per shot of Blast Rain? Or no?

Hello all,

I'm planning a Blast Rain build that uses Emberwake and Taming to increase damage by stacking ignites. I've been using Path of Building to design the build, and as far as I can tell, it is assuming that a maximum of 1 ignite is applied per shot of Blast Rain (which has 4 individual blasts). If all 4 blasts hit a monster and I have 100% chance to ignite, will 4 ignites be applied per shot? Or can only 1 ignite be applied per shot?

Thanks, and sorry if this has been answered before.
Last bumped on Apr 20, 2017, 7:20:03 PM
Since it's 4 different hits I don't see a reason why it should give only 1 ignite per use.
So yeah, it should give 4 ignites (or even 5 with luck and the correct helmet enchant).
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
Since it's 4 different hits I don't see a reason why it should give only 1 ignite per use.
So yeah, it should give 4 ignites (or even 5 with luck and the correct helmet enchant).

Ya, that was my line of reasoning as well. But PoB calculates it otherwise, and I've found that it tends to be surprisingly accurate about most things. Just wanted to check in and see if someone could confirm this mechanic either way.
I wanted to test it but Eye of Innocence is too pricy in Standard and I don't really have any good no-Leech no-Regen characters in Legacy.

Eye of Innocence causes you to take 100 fire damage when you ignite an enemy, so it should be fairly straightforward to buy one, put it on, use Blast Rain, and see if you can take damage multiple times from it.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
I wanted to test it but Eye of Innocence is too pricy in Standard and I don't really have any good no-Leech no-Regen characters in Legacy.

Eye of Innocence causes you to take 100 fire damage when you ignite an enemy, so it should be fairly straightforward to buy one, put it on, use Blast Rain, and see if you can take damage multiple times from it.

Actually, I could test it tomorrow with one of my characters. It's not 100% ignite, but we only need to test if it can ignite more than once, right? In that case my "eye of innocence-rat cage-oro's sacrifice-flicker strike-vaal molten shell-prototype-chieftain" could be of use with some low level bow.

And before you ask: Yes, the build IS as terribad as it sounds. Still fun to watch.
"
adghar wrote:

There it is! Thanks a ton man. My build already has vaal pact, so it should be an extremely easy thing to do :D

Update: My buddy and I tested the mechanic. I wore Eye of Innocence, my buddy wore a helm corrupted with "enemies cannot leech", I got my ignite chance to 100%, and I applied 4 ignites with each individual shot (We actually found out that the number of ignites shows under the debuff icon at the top of the page, so no helm needed). Thanks again to Adghar for the suggestion!

There is another problem though. I ultimately was able to apply 100+ ignites to my buddy before killing him, and the number should be even larger for bosses. This amount of increased damage should be readily apparent, but I cannot even notice an increase in damage during boss fights. Without ignites, I have around 200% increased damage (generally avoided it on the tree), so with maximum stacks, my damage should increase by about 6 times (200% to 1200%, not to even mention the burn damage). I can say for sure that this is not happening.
Last edited by Cherd on Apr 19, 2017, 11:47:03 PM
"
Cherd wrote:
Without ignites, I have around 200% increased damage (generally avoided it on the tree), so with maximum stacks, my damage should increase by about 6 times (200% to 1200%, not to even mention the burn damage). I can say for sure that this is not happening.

Huh, that is weird. Judging from the way it is worded on the taming, it SHOULD show up in the tooltip dps. Even if it doesn't (which is fine, because it's conditional and all that stuff), you should notice a significant increase in damage.
That is unless you are judging all that from the pure burn damage.

After all, emberwake gives you a 80% less burning damage modifier. That means, to get the same result as you would have with a non emberwake ignite, you need five ignites (not taking into account taming damage bonus. Shit gets all complicated if we do that. I guess 3 embertaming ignites roughly equal 1 non-embertaming one?).

Other than that I have no f***ing clue what's going on here, could maybe one of the more knowledgable members of the community enlighten us on where the problem might lie?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info