2.6 Pushing VFB to the MAX! 8 million + Ignite DPS, 300k VFB, Guardians/Shaper etc.

Introduction
Spoiler

My name is TimedMan and I'm bringing you a Vaal Fireball variation. Instead of going the normal crit and CI route we are using Grand Spectrums and low life. We are also going Berserker since it only costs 5 more points than Elementalist and gives leech, 40% more double dipping damage and up to 37% attack speed. This allows us to steamroll all maps with VFB and bosses with Fireball or ideally Flameblast. The end result is one of the fastest builds with not so shabby single target damage.

Damage with POE Builder
Spoiler

This is mapping setup with only 12 Grand Spectrums, 2 Rolling Flames and 3 Sacrificial Harvests.

This is Vaal Fireball with mapping jewels. Damage for one ignite is about 300k!

This is Fireball damage with 17 Grand Spectrums and Elemental Equilibrium.

This is insane Flameblast with 17 Grand Spectrums and Elemental Equilibrium!

Pros and cons
Spoiler

+Insanely fast
+Can do almost all content, the rest is ignite immune and a lot of effort
+MARAAAUDER!
-A pain to level in the beginning, recommend respeccing at level 80ish
-Ignite immune things are time consuming or painful
-Feels bad to stop to pick up things
-Expensive, but can be done on 5 link

Tree
Spoiler

Easy content tree on poeplanner
Easy content tree on PoE website
Boss killing tree on poeplanner
Boss killing tree on PoE website
Just grab the jewel sockets on the left hand side last as you level. I killed all bandits cause they be dicks yo. An option is to save Kraityn in Cruel for attack speed.

Links

Spoiler

Helmet: Fireball-Concentrated effect-Slower projectiles-Fire penetrtion
Or
Flameblast-Chance to Ignite-Concentrated Effect-Controlled Destruction
Chest: Vaal Fireball-Spell Echo-Chance to Ignite-Elemental Proliferation-Faster Projectiles-Fire
Penetration
Gloves: Shield Charge-Faster Attacks-Fortify Flame Dash
Boots: Orb of Storms-Lightning Golem-Culling Strike-Cast When Damage Taken
Shield: Discipline-Haste-Enlighten
Weapon: Blood Magic-Anger/Grace-Portal

How to play

Spoiler
For mapping we use 2 Rolling Flame jewels, 3 Sacrificial Harvests and 12 Grand Spectrums. Use fireball or flameblast to generate souls with dying sun up. Pop Vaal Fireball and the other potions and shield charge until enemies are still alive. Repeat :D
Against hard bosses we switch 17 to Grand Spectrums and to Elemental Equilibrium. We use Orb of Storms to debuff boss with Elemental Equilibrium and proc Elemental Overload. Then we keep igniting fishing for bigger and bigger ignites. Repeat ;D

Mandatory Uniques
Spoiler

Implicit is nice to have but not necessary. 5-link works too just remove fire penetration.

Eye of Chayula will hurt energy shield a lot.

Gear
Spoiler

Videos
Spoiler
My Twitch has a lot of general mapping footage. By request I will make and upload other videos.´
Minus max monster damage hydra
Double Death Double Onslaught Crit Vuln Minotaur, need practice on the VFB ^^
35-45s Strands Solo
Last edited by TimedMan on Apr 20, 2017, 7:27:00 AM
Last bumped on Jul 6, 2017, 5:01:21 AM
vouching for this build :D
leveled as facebreaker untill 73 before moving to his tree with 11spectrum and 1 rolling flame was enough untill i reach 2nd rolling flame and 12th spectrum
1-92 as facebreak+transition at 73 took me 24hours very solid build

p.s on a side note before i do his build i was leveling my lvl 99 to 100 with him on my last push to 100 i was reaching 24m xp/h in dunes/strand/muddy/shore so yep very nice clearspeed
Last edited by JawnyWoo on Apr 18, 2017, 5:49:39 AM
Why so many Grand Spectrum in inventory? i think only socketed jewels in the tree count towards the bonus. so in the video i saw u have 6 gems in inventory if i remember correctly. any sense behind it?
Last edited by vidicii on Apr 18, 2017, 8:46:21 AM
"
vidicii wrote:
Why so many Grand Spectrum in inventory? i think only socketed jewels in the tree count towards the bonus. so in the video i saw u have 6 gems in inventory if i remember correctly. any sense behind it?

I have 5 Grand Spectrums in inventory to swap for Guardians and Shaper. I remove 2 Rolling Flames and 3 Sacrificial Harvests :)
"
TimedMan wrote:
"
vidicii wrote:

I have 5 Grand Spectrums in inventory to swap for Guardians and Shaper. I remove 2 Rolling Flames and 3 Sacrificial Harvests :)

Ah ok, makes sense, thx :)
Vouching for this build, ran quite a few maps with OP so I might be biased, but nontheless it looks like a super strong and fun adaptation of a vaal fireball which has incredible single target aswell!
Some more videos are up.
Why use only veridian for grand spectrum? Use 1 of each veridian/cobolt/crimson and fill the rest of the grand spectrum jewel slots with the cheapest grand spectrum (crimson is cheapest for lsc)
Last edited by AT_Blitzy on Jul 7, 2017, 10:48:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info