PSA: You *CAN* level with Righteous Fire

€: Video proof

Hey,

After reading a couple of Righteous Fire guides I think I have to make this thread because every single guide have one straight up wrong information in common.

"
You can't sustain Righteous Fire until Level 65

In fact you actually CAN sustain Righteous Fire starting at Level 20 and level very confortable with. Way better than you would level with other skills because of your lack of damage nodes. Sure, you need a couple of specific uniques, but they are all very cheap and it's definitely worth it becuase it make the leveling process so much more enjoyable and more important - way faster.

First of all you have to constantly update your flasks. I needed life flasks for sustaining RF until I reached level 38. At Level 38, I got my stone golem and finally reached the break even point without having any life flasks active thanks to the Kikazaru Buff in 2.6 Leveling with RF was possible before the buff, but you where depended on your life flasks for much longer.

The required Uniques are two Kikazarus and one Springleaf. The Kikazarus give you 1 flat Life regen per Ring and Level and Springleaf 3% additional life regeneration (6 when on low life)

Shaper's Seed is also a great item for more Lifereg (Thanks to emiliorf for pointing it out) Ashrend might help you as well if you're having trouble with capping your fire resistances but its not necessary.

When you are Level 20, equip your Rings and start killing things with RF. Easy as that.
Get your Vitallity and Purity of Fire Auras as soon as possible and grab as much life regeneration nodes as you can. As I said, your life flasks have to be active permanently but it isn't as annoying as it might sound because you can stack the durations.

Use your Ruby flask as "actual life flask" if you need more regeneration for boss fights or hard yellows. This way you have incredible clearing speed for a leveling character without one single damage node.

Vaal Oversoul is ironically the hardest boss in my experience because you don't have that many Life regeneration nodes and run out of flasks pretty fast. Dominus or Malachai on the other hand are a joke.

Last edited by RakshasaR on Aug 10, 2017, 9:26:05 AM
Last bumped on Mar 26, 2018, 3:14:09 AM
Sounds really dumb in terms of lvling with it.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Try it before you knock it. Its way better than needing 1000 hits to kill a white mob because of the lack of damage.
Last edited by RakshasaR on Apr 16, 2017, 1:46:12 PM
No...

Just not. Too risky.

Likely to be a character who would be RIPing very often. But whatever floats your boat, really.
Hail build Diversity,
Death to the speed clear meta.
Last edited by Quo210 on Apr 16, 2017, 1:46:55 PM
I died only once (Against Vaal oversoul for the reasons I mentioned above LUL) Its not risky, because everything dies in a split second. RF damage is insane at the low levels. I think I have to make a video for proof (Level 43 currently). brb
Last edited by RakshasaR on Apr 16, 2017, 1:54:47 PM
Just put it on a totem if you want to level with it.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
RakshasaR wrote:
Hey,

After reading a couple of Righteous Fire guides I think I have to make this thread because every single guide have one straight up wrong information in common.

"
You can't sustain Righteous Fire until Level 65

In fact you actually CAN sustain Righteous Fire starting at Level 20 and level very confortable with. Way better than you would level with other skills because of your lack of damage nodes. Sure, you need a couple of specific uniques, but they are all very cheap and it's definitely worth it becuase it make the leveling process so much more enjoyable and more important - way faster.

First of all you have to constantly update your flasks. I needed life flasks for sustaining RF until I reached level 38. At Level 38, I got my stone golem and finally reached the break even point without having any life flasks active thanks to the Kikazaru Buff in 2.6 Leveling with RF was possible before the buff, but you where depended on your life flasks for much longer.

The required Uniques are two Kikazarus and one Springleaf. The Kikazarus give you 1 flat Life regen per Ring and Level and Springleaf 3% additional life regeneration (6 when on low life)

When you are Level 20, equip your Rings and start killing things with RF. Easy as that.
Get your Vitallity and Purity of Fire Auras as soon as possible and grab as much life regeneration nodes as you can. As I said, your life flasks have to be active permanently but it isn't as annoying as it might sound because you can stack the durations.

Use your Ruby flask as "actual life flask" if you need more regeneration for boss fights or hard yellows. This way you have incredible clearing speed for a leveling character without one single damage node.

Normal Vaal Oversoul is ironically the hardest boss in my experience because you don't have that many Life regeneration nodes and run out of flasks pretty fast. Dominus or Malachai on the other hand are a joke.

Why are you all about life regen nodes when a % of nearly nothing is nearly nothing. Life regen does sweet FG all at level 20. It does sweet F all at level 50. No, this doesn't work.
It is technically possible to level with Righteous Fire.

Springleaf, Kikazaru, Primal Skull Talisman and Patient Reaper can give you a bunch of sustain fairly early.

However, it's a lot of hassle compared to just using a 4L Firestorm until around level 60-65 and then jumping straight into RF with the passives and gear for it when content actually starts to have health.

Or if you want to level with some Uniques... Get Facebreaker, a couple of good Iron Rings and a Meginord's Girdle (Which will also be very good for RF while you still use Life) then you just punch stuff with Shield Charge until 60-65...
Totems are way too slow.

Here is a short and sloppy clip, demonstrating how well it works. It's hard not to overlevel because everything just dies so fast even when you rush to the next area ^^

"
RakshasaR wrote:
Try it before you knock it. Its way better than needing 1000 hits to kill a white mob because of the lack of damage.

um.. there are so many twink items that trivialize the game all the way to merc.. you should be one shotting basically all content up to merc dried lake

leveling as rf sounds super slow and dumb.. lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info