Defensive Aura Ranking

All things being equal; are Determination, Grace and Discipline equally balanced while leveling? Such as:

If I am a leveling Duelist wearing only armor/evasion gear; would Determination or Grace be a balanced choice for me?

Same question with Templar between Determination and Discipline?

Same question with Shadow between Grace and Discipline?

My impression is that the lower mana reservation of Discipline is a tie breaker in favor of using Discipline; yet I would assume that lower mana reservation likely is balanced with lower effectiveness also.

Thank you for your tips!

Last bumped on Aug 16, 2017, 9:39:08 PM
it depends what ur doing, what defense mechanics ur build is using.

Generally speaking determination is shit and hardly anyone uses it, where grace and discipline are both good auras that people use when appropriate.

Discipline gives about 33% of the energy shield granted by a perfect rare chest where grace gives about 100% of the evasion granted by a perfect rare chest, a perfect rare evasion chest also has a life roll though, so grace isnt rly 3x as powerful as discipline but comparatively speaking is does give you a lot more base evasion than disc gives base es.
As leveling Duelist you probably have some %evasion on passives. Dexterity gives some more.
Unless you got serious Evasion on gear Grace is IMO by far the best choice then.

If you do have "serious Evasion" on gear: The usefulness of Evasion suffers from diminishing returns.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
For leveling, I'd say: Don't use Grace, use only offensive stuff like Hatred.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
For leveling, I'd say: Don't use Grace, use only offensive stuff like Hatred.

yeah thats probably true, when I level I go dual wield and put on pure damage auras, maybe clarity if I need to. Just more damage go faster, why not.
hey guys, i need a help.

My discipline support says need 35% reserved mana, but when I use this gem it reserve 495 mana. Anyone knows why?
"
Leal28 wrote:
hey guys, i need a help.

My discipline support says need 35% reserved mana, but when I use this gem it reserve 495 mana. Anyone knows why?

Yes it reserves 35% of your maximum mana. You haven't stated your maximum mana so I assume you haven't understood the mechanic correctly. Is your max mana ~1415?
Kuolema kuittaa univelat
Last edited by Acanthoid on Aug 16, 2017, 9:39:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info