[2.6/3.0 BETA] eMbbu's detailed Essence drain guide for shaper & t16 boss farmer

"
Yuu07 wrote:
Hello, i did similar build with delirium dagger and shavs. I killed all guardians including Minotaur and Shaper, havent tried Uber Atziri. I killed Shaper on my 3th try, it was first time i ever tried killing him so maybe its not that bad.

But my problem with essence drain is that I have everything I need, 6 link shavs, lvl 4 empower and lvl 21 essence drain etc. and i dont know how to improve my damage. I dont have problem with survi, 10k es is more than enough in softcore if you know what you are doing, but with flasks up I have only 120k shaper dps (190k vs normal mobs) and in my opinion it is just not enough to "farm" shaper.

I mean he is doable on this build if even a noob like me can kill him, but in 3th phase he spawned so many shit I had like one place on map to stand -_-. Also Zana died a lot because i didnt have enough DPS to kill ads before they killed her. I did some theorycraftiong in POB (getting better multi mod delirium dagger, more spell dmg on tree, getting 21/20 gems) but diferent configurations improve my dmg 10-20% and I feel like I need twice more damage xD like 200k shaper dps at least to be able to do him comfortably, espacially on hardcore...

So maybe someone can check my build and tell me what im doing wrong (character JuuED)? Is this max of what this skill can do? Its kinda disapointing because this is supposed to be Shaper farming skill...

uptime ur wither and use aquamarine flask
pvp loooooooool
"
Yuu07 wrote:
Hello, i did similar build with delirium dagger and shavs. I killed all guardians including Minotaur and Shaper, havent tried Uber Atziri. I killed Shaper on my 3th try, it was first time i ever tried killing him so maybe its not that bad.

But my problem with essence drain is that I have everything I need, 6 link shavs, lvl 4 empower and lvl 21 essence drain etc. and i dont know how to improve my damage. I dont have problem with survi, 10k es is more than enough in softcore if you know what you are doing, but with flasks up I have only 120k shaper dps (190k vs normal mobs) and in my opinion it is just not enough to "farm" shaper.

I mean he is doable on this build if even a noob like me can kill him, but in 3th phase he spawned so many shit I had like one place on map to stand -_-. Also Zana died a lot because i didnt have enough DPS to kill ads before they killed her. I did some theorycraftiong in POB (getting better multi mod delirium dagger, more spell dmg on tree, getting 21/20 gems) but diferent configurations improve my dmg 10-20% and I feel like I need twice more damage xD like 200k shaper dps at least to be able to do him comfortably, espacially on hardcore...

So maybe someone can check my build and tell me what im doing wrong (character JuuED)? Is this max of what this skill can do? Its kinda disapointing because this is supposed to be Shaper farming skill...

First of all, ED is a very good skill but its single target scaling in the endgame is quite poor when compared to other boss-deleting abilities (like, for example, Blade Flurry or Barrage). The scaling is poor because ED's single target, before Oriath, was properly boosted by the poison interaction which has been literally killed in 3.0. So the single target has gone down by a factor of 3 (in 2.6 I could easily go over one million Shaper DPS, now it's 350k AT BEST with my standard gear, unless I go full retard and play lowlife with a +2 skin of the Loyal, but it's only doable when you know that there is zero chaos damage in the menu).

ED's AOE clear is amazing in Oriath, single target is pretty lackluster in my opinion and it needs a considerable buff to be on par with "meta" skills.

To summarize, I agree with Giammafix's statement:

"
Essence drain is no longer a proper "shaper farming skill" but more likely a "pretty safe endgame content killer"

That said, your character can still be improved to feel somewhat better:

- ED enchant on helmet is nice to have
- If you don't use Breath of the Council (or an Increased duration gem in the wither setup) you are NEVER going to hit 20 wither stacks at Shaper or guardians and that hurts your single target potential A LOT
- Spell damage on shield is nice to have

And if I am not wrong, after looking at your gear I see you use two blasphemy curses and two auras, a pretty poor outcome for a lowlife build. With some investment in aura nodes you can easily fit a 3rd aura in your character (haste is the best option because it improves clear speed A LOT especially if you use shield charge to replace whirling blades and it improves single target damage by making wither stacking faster).

Cheers!
Hey thank you all for the answer, I didnt replied because I was disapointed and decided to leave this build in Harbringer. So are there any buffs to this build damage in endgame in 3.1? And by buff i stil mean twice more damage not 20% more :) We get despair but we also get wither nerf is there anything else? I wonder what to play in 3.1 since ggg nerfed my two other favourite builds (cyclone and blade flurry).

Cheers!
Last edited by Yuu07 on Dec 7, 2017, 8:03:37 AM
"
Yuu07 wrote:
Hey thank you all for the answer, I didnt replied because I was disapointed and decided to leave this build in Harbringer. So are there any buffs to this build damage in endgame in 3.1? And by buff i stil mean twice more damage not 20% more :) We get despair but we also get wither nerf is there anything else? I wonder what to play in 3.1 since ggg nerfed my two other favourite builds (cyclone and blade flurry).

Cheers!

no buffs just nerfs xd
pvp loooooooool
"
no buffs just nerfs xd

Ok thanx, then maybe instead of trying to find a new build to play i will try to find a new game to play xD Bacause its seems good builds are mostly sunder, traps, some more sunder, totems and spectres with totems
Last edited by Yuu07 on Dec 7, 2017, 9:28:01 AM
"
Yuu07 wrote:
"
no buffs just nerfs xd

Ok thanx, then maybe instead of trying to find a new build to play i will try to find a new game to play xD Bacause its seems good builds are mostly sunder, traps, some more sunder, totems and spectres with totems

I know that feeling bro
anyway, despite the wither totem nerf, actually the new vulnerability curse (called Despair) increases damage over time and now reduces chaos resistances also, this is a buff if you run lowlife and can manage to have 3 curses.
I've done a life version of the build that is cheaper than es or lowlife for league start if you want to check it out
"
Giammafix wrote:
"
Yuu07 wrote:
"
no buffs just nerfs xd

I know that feeling bro
anyway, despite the wither totem nerf, actually the new vulnerability curse (called Despair) increases damage over time and now reduces chaos resistances also, this is a buff if you run lowlife and can manage to have 3 curses.
I've done a life version of the build that is cheaper than es or lowlife for league start if you want to check it out

i want to check it XD.
"
Krudeon wrote:

i want to check it XD.

here you are, this is the link to open in path of building

https://pastebin.com/Rd49kFji

it still has to be updated with new 3.1 gem Despair

it uses a +1 tabula rasa but actually you can use any +1 chest with the right colours

tree is at level 93 but you can leave out some jewel slots until you have good jewels
Last edited by Giammafix on Dec 8, 2017, 4:27:20 AM
"
Giammafix wrote:
"
Krudeon wrote:

i want to check it XD.

it uses a +1 tabula rasa but actually you can use any +1 chest with the right colours

tree is at level 93 but you can leave out some jewel slots until you have good jewels

Hey i checked your character "Lussuriosa" and your idea of using dagger and BOTC looks really promising especially with new jewels like increased damage over time while dual wielding! But are you sure you need to invest so many passive points in mana reservation skill points to get despair? Cant we just use witchfire brew? We dont need other flasks a lot, and we would only need it for boses, not to mention shaper has a lot of curse resistance. I'm asking because i saw a lot of people do this
Last edited by Yuu07 on Dec 12, 2017, 6:57:27 PM
"
Yuu07 wrote:
"
Giammafix wrote:
"
Krudeon wrote:

i want to check it XD.

Hey i checked your character "Lussuriosa" and your idea of using dagger and BOTC looks really promising especially with new jewels like increased damage over time while dual wielding! But are you sure you need to invest so many passive points in mana reservation skill points to get despair? Cant we just use witchfire brew? We dont need other flasks a lot, and we would only need it for boses, not to mention shaper has a lot of curse resistance. I'm asking because i saw a lot of people do this

well, keep in mind that my occultist is actually geared with some legacy gear, like rings with % energy shield, and can hit more than 10k es without a shield, that's the reason why I rather run 3 curse auras for dps.
but in league that's not necessary, even if I think that despair is a really strong curse to have running as aura especially after rework; you can invest those mana reservation nodes in additional energy shield nodes in order to reach 10k ES.
furthermore, you should pick anyway some mana reservation nodes since they affect reserved life too if you're running low life and without them you could have some trouble managing the reserved life for clarity and discipline.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info