The 20k Mana Club *3.4k Discipline* Guardian: Updated 6/1/2017

The 20k Club
Spoiler

Idea of the build was to hit 20,000 Mana. Therefore granting nearby allies 3k to base ES.
Basically meaning a new mapping character of my friends or randoms choice could run with me and have higher ES then someone with endgame gear.

***So, that was the initial idea of the build. I've fine tuned it a bit and learned some awesome facts and mechanics that are broken; seriously GGG if you're nerfing ES next patch it will do NOTHING if you don't look at this post. I'll post those broken bits at the end!

How do you get to 20k mana?
Spoiler
The math while theory crafting the build was fairly difficult because I really didn't know how the numbers worked. After playing with it for awhile it became a very simple problem of figuring out factors of 20.
The only way I saw this build possible was by focusing on some combination of these jewels in the passive tree.

You'll need 10xGrand Spectrum Cobalt Jewels and 2xHealth Mind Cobalt Jewels; meaning you'll need 12 sockets in your passive tree.
Level 91 Passive Tree

Level 94 Passive Tree

***So from 90-93 everyone I was grouped with keep wondering if I was going to get another Grand Spectrum. I thought not, and told them as such. Then at 94 I saw that it was possible juggled with the idea.
The Process was to drop Dynamo and a few other nodes for a net loss of total loss of 41% increased mana and +10 to maximum mana before putting in any points.
Recovery process
Take the two intelligence nodes leading up to the Mana Socket node to the right of the witch tree.
20 int recovers the +10 to mana. *Bonus more es.*
the 2 mana nodes giving a total of 8%; now only a net loss of 33% Increased maximum mana.
Drop MindSpiral Aventail Helmet for Mind of the Council Harlequin Mask. Now only at 3% increased mana loss.
Grab that ELEVENTH Grand Spectrum Colbat Jewel!!

After I did so I kept MindSpiral and swapped out my weapons for Pledge of Hands. for a total net +315 base mana and +69% increased mana! Getting me to 22,974 mana! Hype

The Math
Spoiler
I did NOT understand the Grand Spectrum Jewels and why people thought they were good... Well I learned! Who wants Algebra? it the equation would look like...ish

(X*Y)(X)=Z
X= Number of Grand Spectrum Cobalt Jewels you have in your passive tree.
Y= 15 "Gain 15 mana Per Grand Spectrum"
Z= The amount of mana gain from Grand Spectrum

If you have ten jewels each giving fifteen mana per jewel; the jewel *with ten in the tree* gives +150 mana. Since we have 10 jewels giving 150 mana each we are getting 1500 to our base mana pool.

***So ALOT of people ask Why do you have Grand Spectrum it only gives you +15 flat mana..
This is true if you have 1. Text is confusing the IMPORTANT word is "PER".
At 2 Grand Spectrum you now have 30 mana PER jewel. Meaning you NET 60 mana with 2 jewels.

Math Math Math 20k Mana We Got There!
***22.9K now Whoo!!

My Gear
Spoiler

OR

Note: I do not have 20k mana without Pledge of Hands. At 91** at 94 after Grabbing my eleventh Grand Spectrum I do have 20k without Pledge.
Pledge was my all intention endgame item but after running maps with the higher end players they are all about speed order to keep up I needed a method of speed this was a cheep alternative. I'm really enjoying playing with the meta of clear speed but this was originally designed to help Lowbies or follow around a Low Life Rightious Fire for more of an endgame.

**At 94 I Dropped Brightbeak and picked up Pledge again then Dropped a Mana Pot for Another speed pot.

Solaris Lorica Cheap Alternative to Shav's
Atziri's Forible Cheap Alternative to Rara Talisman ***altho the Talisman was like less then 10c
Doubling up on Dream Fragments isn't a bad alternative too Shav's Rev. Or a Rare Res/mana Ring

Pros and Cons
Spoiler
Pros
*Your giving a cargo ship amount of ES to players

*ES is the meta so people will want to use you

*Tanky

*Only Requires 98% Mana reservation sooo 4 gems to run the build. They can be w/e i struggle with res so i just run purity of elements and the elements I'm weak in. Meaning you have 26 odd sockets you can use to level up gems to sell. Great way to make currency. ***ROTA Poorjoy's dooit!!***

*Grand Spectrum Cobalt Jewel dropped to 3 Chaos a piece making this build soo cheap to get running

Cons
*It Literally only follows other people around

*Used to be unsatisfying only having 10k es when others had 20-30k es.. I'm now at comfortable with 16k es with 22,974 mana. This is only still a con because seriously people unless they have nothing on as an es build will have 20k es. Which is 4k more then you. Ephemeral Edge, Dusk Blade instead of Pledge gets me to 18k es with 20k mana still really strong.

Launching point
Spoiler
I spent less then an hour building the passive tree with a friend without knowing the proper math to figure it all out. It was trial and error as I went forward. Why do I bring this up its strong as it is but if a filthy casual made this in an hour there has to be a lot of optimizing that could be done. Which would allow for Possible a curse bot included instead of just EsBot. already at 10-12 sockets swap a couple out for the Elemental Damage Grand Spectrum easily get 117+% elemental damage. then six link the pledge have have it be able to solo and group.

Broken Bits of Info
Spoiler

Worried about the ES Nerf? unless they change Guardian don't be.
Look at my gear! Helmet 28 es, boots 60 es, no shield, vest only 444. My Gloves are decent with 189 but still i'm chillin with 16k es.

If you didn't know Skin of the Loyal Increased the amount that your giving people!!! that's right ever want a 6.8k es chest. Run next to this Mana Guardian you'll have a 6.8k Boost to your es.
incase your wandering I've had someone with a 900+ es chest swap out for skin of the loyal. Skin of the Loyal Beat the 900 plus es chest.

Here is the real kicker.. Hierophant, and a Mana Guardian's buffs will stack.
Lets just say they have the same build as me.
Make it simple we will round down to 22k mana instead of the almost 23 i have.
Hierophants passive give him 25% over the 15% Guardian's give.

25% of 22,000 mana is 5,500 es base.

Lets make that Hierophant Group with The Mana Guardian!! that Mana Guardian is now giving the Hierophant 3,300 ES Base!!

We haven't put any gear on; or our % increased ES nodes in from the tree!! and we are already rocking 8,800 es!

But WAIT Skin of the Loyal! People remember it will increase that number! one piece of gear and we are already at 17,600 es! BEFORE % modifiers from your passive or your intelligence.

Why is this broken? Remember Pohx's Low Life Righteous Fire Click Here if you don't! He is only at 16,681 ES during this Video killing Shaper. I'm not saying with RF and Skin of the loyal with these two chars can kill Shaper but i'm giving you and example of where we are at in terms of health value alone before other Gear and % increases to es but.. This is looking like a Yolo Vaal Rightious Fire Wambo Combo to me.

I've only just started the build and I'm really enjoying it; just got past my highest character ever on path. I would really like to hear back from people on this and idea's to make it better.

Last edited by Kappa_Murkey on Jun 1, 2017, 11:56:11 PM
Last bumped on Jul 22, 2017, 10:37:23 AM
Looking at your build, Would be a fun support before 3.0 patch. however a lot of tweaking will need to be done for 3.0.

Grand Spectrum's are getting nerfed to a limit of 3 per jewel type but increase of mana from 15-30 per.
but the 3 limit is massive. with 9 jewels for a (3-3-3) you will only get 810 mana and that will be it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info