[2.6 LL RF Trickster Essence Drain + Contagion] Build in progress

Hello everyone,
I post my build here since it is more of an idea I'm currently running than an actual build guide.
Yet, what's the concept of the build ?

Concept of the build
Spoiler

Take a high dmg spell with DOT and take a lot of MORE DMG
Essence drain (lot of chaos dmg)
Tickster (free ES, evasion, increased dot, increased recovery)
Low life (30 % more damage Paint attunement)
Righteous fire (59 % more damage)

Pros
Spoiler

Nice dmg : RF + 15k dps ED (lvl 17 gem)
Dmg scaling is HUGE
Reflect immune
Good ES : only 6 k ES but crappy items (you'll see)
High ES regen : more than enough to sustain RF + turn off RF in tricky situation
Patient reaper will allow you to do a lot of map mod (60% increased recovery)
Not so expensive in this form
Lvl-ing is actually great as opposed to other RF builds

Cons
Spoiler

Big improvements will be expensive : Shavronne's wrappings obviously + delirium gloves (for your ED)

Leveling
Spoiler

Leveling is really easy, dual lifesprig ED + contagion
Equip when you can a +2 chaos gems (around lvl40) and 3 link (it's better than 4 link rapid decay)
No regrets needed, I lvl with 1,2 K life and ES, using the Zealot's Oath flask and Solaris Lorica

Passive tree
Spoiler

31 points : www.poeurl.com/bgBo
56 points : www.poeurl.com/bgBr
92 points / Turning RF on (with shaper's seed) www.poeurl.com/bgBs
109 points (lvl 86) : www.poeurl.com/bgBv + 50% inc ES + 24% Chaos Res + 30% Chaos dmg
116 points (lvl93) + Energy from within jewel www.poeurl.com/bgBA + 80% inc dmg + 15% inc ES

My Gear
Spoiler

Current stats : lvl 79
Spoiler

DMG

DEF (with ROTP)

DEF (with rare shield - a nice one though)

Please leave a message to add ideas, correct my skill tree or if you like the idea.

Misc
ED helps with you regen with 0,5 % regen of the dot 1 target (20k dot) = 100 ES regen / second
(So 10 mobs = 1000 ES regen making it very tanky)
Without changing equipment i'll have 8,5 k ES at level 82 and with a Leo craft shield 10 k ES +
Last edited by nowis5 on Apr 15, 2017, 7:16:12 AM
Last bumped on Apr 15, 2017, 7:14:02 AM
Since there were almost 400 visits I added my stats!
Feel free to ask any question :)
Last edited by nowis5 on Apr 15, 2017, 6:49:43 AM
I tried to run a pretty similar setup back in 2.3 with my LL ED Trickster. The damage is insane, and I had 90k DoT DPS at that point. I could probably get 100k today with my current gear. My problem with the build was that you are forced to keep moving and killing constantly to keep flasks and the Trickster regeneration up, and stopping to loot or anything like that just feels very stressful.

I didn't really put that much effort into mine tho, so hopefully you can squeeze out enough regen to make it comfortable. GL!
Thank you for your message.
In fact I outregen RF by 100 ES/second without Patient reaper (so no need to kill anything to be safe).
But I won't get as much dmg as you / according to path of building I will have 57 k dps.
That's also because I play hardcore and I really don't want to die :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info