Eye Strain Reduction Tips?

Hello Everyone,

I've been playing since Open Beta. This league I've been playing a Crit Ice Nova Inquisitor and it's been a blast. However, I've been getting some terrible Eye Strain. My guess is that the bright white Ice Nova that takes up a huge portion my screen is causing the Eye Strain. I'm sure this is also compounded by the 8+ hours a day I work in front of a computer screen. Does anyone have any tips on how to dull the bright white without making it impossible to see the rest of darker areas? I've tried playing with the Gamma's and it just makes it like I'm Low-Life.
... Right now I'm wearing sunglasses while I play, haha!

Thank you!
Last bumped on May 30, 2018, 8:54:28 AM
Try turning off bloom in the graphic options.

Also either make or downliad a good item filter and make sure the fint size is increased to 40 for most good loot.
Last edited by nephilim1984 on Apr 13, 2017, 2:33:38 PM
Consider trying out a pair of Gunnar glasses. I had the same issue as I am working 9 hours a day in front of the computer aswell. Some day a friend of mine let me try his glasses and oh boy, they made the difference. At first it was kinda weird getting used to them but nowadays I always wear them.
Play less.
so it was you than 3:)

IGN: Bluntexile
My eye dr. turned me on to the 20-20-20 rule. Every 20 minutes look at something at least 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds. He's right.
also you do know you can adjust visual settings through your video driver, right..?

i admit it might not be as accurate as an ingame one, but it sure works fine to tune brightness.
IGN: Bluntexile
I use f.lux, and haven't had eye strain in years.

https://justgetflux.com/
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
I've switched to the Arctic Ice Nova MTX for whenever I want to use Ice Nova as a skill. Makes it so I can actually look at the screen when using the skill.
As someone who suffers from eye strain here are some recommendations:

- Increase font sizes via Loot Filter. Reading a lot of small text (Even passively) will put a lot of strain on your eyes. Increasing font sizes will help alleviate some of the pressure on your eyes to read text.

- Use a filter. Something like F.lux, Gunnar's glasses or even a monitor setting. Generally, blue light puts a fair amount of strain on your eyes. These items will all filter out a majority of blue light and thus reduce the stress on your eyes.

- Take regular breaks. Being focused on a screen a few feet infront of you for long periods of time isn't great for your eyes. So, do what all the old console manuals kept telling you and take breaks. Go look out the window at something far away, or just look at some stuff that isn't a screen for a bit.

- Make sure your room is well lit. Having a contrast of a bright screen in a dark room really exacerbates strain on your eyes (This includes TV too). So make sure the room is well lit, preferably with natural light.

- Finally, get checked by an Optician. If none of these things help, it's possible you may have a very minor eye issue (I personally am very slightly longsighted in one eye. Not enough to be noticeable, but enough that it causes my eyes to get tired trying to focus after several hours). It's unlikely to be the case, one of the above options should work, but if they don't then it doesn't help to get looked at by a professional.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info