2.6 - The wubwub ice trapper - Life based, 5k+ HP - Eva - Tons Of Damage

Is HoI taken purely for the flat cold? With Ice Trap unable to shatter with the Elemental Focus link, it sort of loses that ability to chain.
Impressive build; might try out in 3.0! :D
Did you ever give the guardians a try with this build? If so, what were your experiences?
yeah I think I want to roll an Ice Trap Saboteur for 3.0 HC league start, thank you for this build. Any thoughts on the most efficient way to increase defenses without sacrificing too much damage?
Last edited by Trentemoller on Jul 18, 2017, 2:12:29 PM
"
Trentemoller wrote:
yeah I think I want to roll an Ice Trap Saboteur for 3.0 HC league start, thank you for this build. Any thoughts on the most efficient way to increase defenses without sacrificing too much damage?

Belly of the beast. Drop Herald of Ice and replace it with Arctic Armour. Also drop the +1 power charge from kill the bandits quest in merciless diff for a skill point and use it for + 4% life and 6% mana in the Heart and Soul cluster near the witch tree.

"
Andizlack wrote:
Did you ever give the guardians a try with this build? If so, what were your experiences?

Felt a bit squishy, but with belly and arctic armour and some minor gear adjusting it's easily doable.

"
Is HoI taken purely for the flat cold? With Ice Trap unable to shatter with the Elemental Focus link, it sort of loses that ability to chain.

Yea HoI was taken purely for the extra damage. You can drop it for arctic armour for example or for any other aura if you want.
Last edited by pencilsketch on Jul 18, 2017, 2:49:16 PM
Looks like the new trapper unique chest is pretty ideal for this build. What do you think about dropping Master Sapper and Thick Skin, and using those 13 points to setup an extra EB/MoM defensive layer to go with the regen from the chest? Wonder how expensive/rare it will be

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1926420
Last edited by Trentemoller on Jul 26, 2017, 2:27:25 PM
"
Trentemoller wrote:
Looks like the new trapper unique chest is pretty ideal for this build. What do you think about dropping Master Sapper and Thick Skin, and using those 13 points to setup an extra EB/MoM defensive layer to go with the regen from the chest? Wonder how expensive/rare it will be

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1926420

You ablolutely can if you're willing to sacrifice 22% inc max life and 92% trap dmg + 2 additional traps and some trap trigger aoe. I love the idea of spending ES for skill costs and MoM isn't a bad idea, too. B̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶o̶r̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶M̶o̶M̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶e̶f̶f̶e̶c̶t̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶h̶u̶g̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶l̶a̶r̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶a̶ ̶p̶o̶o̶l̶. After testing, i had 1,8k mana which is possibly enough, considering i had 4,3k health.
Since the build has no critical, due to the gem to increase spell damage, wouldn't it be better at the earlier nodes to go for elemental focus over assassination?
"
Skortch wrote:
Since the build has no critical, due to the gem to increase spell damage, wouldn't it be better at the earlier nodes to go for elemental focus over assassination?

Elemental focus and its nearby nodes provide very little damage increase, so it's generally not a good idea to pick them.
Thank you.

I'm just curious since one of the gems gives a 100% decrease to criticals, does that mean that skill cannot crit, or if you have 215% crit chance, it is lowered to 115%?

That is why I'm confused.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info