All Portal Effects On Sale Now!

everyday press M
Damn you GGG. I told myself I wasn't spending any more money on this game until the new supporter packs but couldn't pass up the orange portal effect for 30 points as I was eyeing it for a specific character for some time. You guys are good...real good.
yay more $$$ for GGG, maybe you can invest it in a playstation team this time!

IGN: Bluntexile
"
ClickHitBoom wrote:
I'm basically out of coins. If I buy some points now can I add that $ value to the Oriath supporter packs when they get released?

If past policy is adhered to, no.

Only points bought after the packs are released can be used to upgrade to them. Points bought right now can count towards Atlas packs or Legacy packs.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
element274 wrote:

Oh, I've always thought those portals not available in the shop are challenge league rewards.
And when they announce "ALL" Portal Effects On Sale Now! My puny brain translates that to an awesome one time event sale of "ALL" portals in the game, even Piety's portal. lol.

I'll see if I can get my hands on those Karmakoin cards, thanks for the heads up. :)

Don't think that'll help you at all. Most portal effects are promotional offers. The one for Voidgate expired more than 2 years ago. There are a bunch of MTXs (armors, portals, pets, etc) that come with supporter packs. These (as GGG has made clear on multiple occasions) NEVER return after the supporter packs leave. This means they are NEVER in the shop, they can NEVER be "discounted", and you will NEVER have them if you missed your chance. And no, before you ask, there isn't even an illegal way to get them since MTX trading isn't a thing in POE. Exclusive MTXs are exclusive.

P.S. You might want to check out the wiki at some point. It has some decent info on MTXs (more than I had initially thought at least).

"
Archwizard wrote:

Only points bought after the packs are released can be used to upgrade to them. Points bought right now can count towards Atlas packs or Legacy packs.

If I recall correctly only points purchased as part of a pack will count towards the pack (as in initial purchase or any upgrades). There are ways to purchase coins that don't count towards any pack. Either way I think it's reasonable to expect that even if it has happened hitherto, henceforth any purchases you make that are not associated with a pack should remain that way (unless GGG somehow has a major screw up that causes them to have to retro-compensate us or something).

Also comedic relief aside I don't see the point of freaking out about a sale going on before the supporter pack change. Sales come on very frequently. There are daily sales and it looks like we have weekly batch sales now too. Whatever it is you want to purchase will probably come on sale again in the near future.
Last edited by EonLight on Apr 7, 2017, 7:29:19 AM
"
EonLight wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:

If I recall correctly only points purchased as part of a pack will count towards the pack (as in initial purchase or any upgrades). There are ways to purchase coins that don't count towards any pack. Either way I think it's reasonable to expect that even if it has happened hitherto, henceforth any purchases you make that are not associated with a pack should remain that way (unless GGG somehow has a major screw up that causes them to have to retro-compensate us or something).

Also comedic relief aside I don't see the point of freaking out about a sale going on before the supporter pack change. Sales come on very frequently. There are daily sales and it looks like we have weekly batch sales now too. Whatever it is you want to purchase will probably come on sale again in the near future.

No, if you purchase a $5 coin pack right now, you can later decide you want to use it to count against upgrading to a Legacy Supporter pack. It'll cost $25 instead of $30, and you'll get 200 points instead of 250.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Last edited by Archwizard on Apr 7, 2017, 7:50:51 AM
"
Archwizard wrote:

No, if you purchase a $5 coin pack right now, you can later decide you want to use it to count against upgrading to a Legacy Supporter pack. It'll cost $25 instead of $30, and you'll get 200 points instead of 250.

Oh ok, didn't know that. That seems rather convenient. So if you buy Classic Supporter and then 200 points, would the Legacy Supporter upgrade only cost $10 after that then?

Should be safe to assume points only count towards existing supporter packs right? And do we get to pick which supporter pack the points go towards if there is more then one active (Atlas vs Legacy for example)?
"
EonLight wrote:

Don't think that'll help you at all. Most portal effects are promotional offers. The one for Voidgate expired more than 2 years ago. There are a bunch of MTXs (armors, portals, pets, etc) that come with supporter packs. These (as GGG has made clear on multiple occasions) NEVER return after the supporter packs leave. This means they are NEVER in the shop, they can NEVER be "discounted", and you will NEVER have them if you missed your chance. And no, before you ask, there isn't even an illegal way to get them since MTX trading isn't a thing in POE. Exclusive MTXs are exclusive.

P.S. You might want to check out the wiki at some point. It has some decent info on MTXs (more than I had initially thought at least).

Feelsbad man.

Clicked the link, saw Warrior's Assault Portal Effect, Champion's Arrival Portal Effect, Conqueror's Campaign Portal Effect, Perandus Portal Effect.

NEVER. Feelsworse man.

But I understand, those are league exclusives. Just shed a tear for nice things I can't have. Drink a beer and get it over with. lol.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
Last edited by element274 on Apr 7, 2017, 8:35:44 AM
I really like sales of all MTXs in a category. Thanks!
Last edited by Augusten on Apr 7, 2017, 9:16:19 AM
this would totally be my thing but im still waiting for the beta supporter pack :< unlucky

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info