2.6 HELP with Disfavour-based Build

Hello Everybody!

I am new to the game and this is my second character in poe. Its a Slayer Frostblade Build that i shredded together from all information found online, cooked up into a presumably underpowered little Frankenstein. I think I grabbed and traded some good gear on this character, but i guess that the skill tree as well as (or in combination with) the gear could still be optimized for Endgame.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAAHcAecFLQd1CZYMcA3NEuETTBQgFE0UcRXsF-EYkRv6HM4hVSFgJd8m-CcgJ58ppStQLPswdzJ-NZI5DjndOlI9_ECgQzFD50SeRrdHfk3jTjJQR1HaU7tYY1n-XhNfP2FSZFJlTWebbztyqXTtdPF343gNeHp5aHrvfNl99YIHhNmE74WnhmCGtIoiivCMz5LQlSSXeaLqpBmlNaZXqSepbqmUrj6vp7KAtfK5HbyfvTa-p7_VwBrApsEEwaPEFcT2xq7KkNNv2L3ZfNrB3D3iYeRR6UbqGO8O7072SPcy-Ov8S_5U_o8=?accountName=AB0B0&characterName=OXOM

In general I am aiming for a real fun build, with access to nearly all endgame content, if that is even possible.

I would like to know if there is any perspective to make this an endgame build with frostblades as main attack, or if there is no way of making this build work with this gear on endgame maps.

Additional I would be very interested in Builds that can be respeced using this base and gear.
Especially including the Atziris Disfavour and the Kaoms Heart.

I can clear uber lab. Sometimes I die, if i am reckless. I am having real trouble with 14+ maps. Sometimes bosses just one shot me without any perspective for better positioning or running circles of exile with a totem.

With extended weapon range from passives and atziris disfavour i feel that frostblades is actually pritty good. To have a gap between you and bosses with big melee attacks really helps in general.

I must admit I am mainly using frostblades because of the very actionbased feeling it gives you when slashing through enemies. Maybe its the combination of the physical main blow with the extend of the projectiles that fly at everthing behind. It still challenges you to position urself correctly.
I also have Flickerstrike and LeapSlam with Fortify support for faster engaging and Fortify at the start of each engagement. I guess if I drop at least one I could do a better Setup. I just like the mobility so much ;(

I also have some Options for Fine-Tuning that i am totally clueless about. Mainly concerning: Bleed, Cold penetration and item find. In particular i have 3 possible Amulets: I guess one is for survivability with life leech and bleed. One for damage with cold penetration and increased sold damage and one is for increased item find.

Any suggestions on Uniques or what stats to focus on would be a great help. Some Options would be focusing on Fortify, or Bleed, Endurance Points etc. Open to suggestion on node changes.
Ignore the Enchantment on the Helmet. This Helmet keeps giving me Enchants that are useless. At least for my setup.

Also not too sure if there could be a special boss setup that i could switch to.

Any better CWDT or Curse setup would be appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and any advice given.

Gear:

Alternative Amulets:

Alternative Boots:

Flasks:
Last edited by AB0B0 on Apr 6, 2017, 9:32:15 AM
Last bumped on Apr 16, 2017, 7:15:47 PM
Buy helmet with 30% reduce EQ duration and go play EQ .... frost blade on disfavour is total waste
Narkoman chtole? =\
Sorry to say your setup makes no sense. You ignore the biggest part of a Disafavor which is bleeding on it, to pursue a elemental based build, while using haemophillia which gives you almost nothing. Non-physical damage does NOT contribute to bleed.

Of course a 600 pdps weapon will clear map with about any skill, however you have to ask whether the investment is worth it with a disfavour and a kaom heart and you struggle with t14 content. There is also no synergy between your items and the skill itself.

Amulet choices are bad. You dont deal physical dmg to leech. End game bosses ate immune to chill. You are having trouble surviving then you cant magic find.

The principal of build making is choosing damage type and knowing how they scales. Physical damage build typically goes with either 100% ele conversion for maximum effectiveness of res penetration, or phys/chaos poison scaling. The middle ground is not going either instead using hatred and herald of ash for 50% extra elemental dmg.

If you are going to play frostblades, you MUST be 100% cold because the skill converted 60% of your phys leaving you in a state of half ass damage scaling. When you are 100% cold bleed gives you nothing.
My builds:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1809378 - Lazor Inqusitor
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1781498 - Burning Arrow Raider
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1800999 - Perfect Formless Inferno Slayer
I am very thankfull for your honest critique and frankly I didnt expect anybody saying that anything of this is a smart setup. I also know that my gear is very expencive and totally not cost effective. As for now i would just like to know if there is a way to tweak my skill tree, some of my gear and maybe change my mainskill or support it better.

Would you rather follow a elemental based build or a bleed based build, keeping most of the gear.

As I was allready expecting that Frostblade is just a suboptimal choice for this gear and skilltree I would be eager to know some alternate skills.
What would be a good alternate skill choice that has similar mechanics to frostblades, while profiting more of my gear and skilltree?

What would be a reasonable skill tree modification for elemental penetration? Would you focus on ele penetration on gear or skill tree?

What would be a good skill tree modification for making use of the disfavour bleed. I guessed that haemophillia at least makes the Bleed more effective, which triggers on every hit. I also guessed that i need high physical damage to make the bleed effective. Would that strategy only make sense with additional poison and increased damage over time nodes in skill tree?

Gloves are actually one thing that thought a lot about changing. Even though they give you that mini-Infernal Blow effect. My current alternative:

Alternate Rings:

After taking a look at your tree, I can see that you have really inefficient pathing. If you truly want to play around with Frostblade however it's probably ok with a quite big respec.

http://poeurl.com/bfyI With the linked tree you have 100% cold conversion, good damage and 200% inc life from tree. Impact does nothing for Frostblades so it's best to go into Headsman for more dmg.

I suggest using Taste of Hate + Wise Oak unique flasks, use Hatred and Arctic Armour or Hatred + Frostbite + Blasphemy. You don't need Warlord's mark at all.

Main setup: Frostblade + Multistrike + Faster Attack + Weapon Elemental Damage + Elemental Focus + Chain/Cold Penetration. Chain for map clear and cold pen swap in for boss.

Other needed skills are: Frosbomb + Vaal Lightning Trap + Vaal Haste + increase Duration. When encounter map bosses, throw down Frostbomb and Vaal Lightning Trap, use Vaal haste and I guarantee you will have one hell of a good time killing bosses.

I would suggest using rare gloves with flat dmg and atk speed for more dps. Put a "Fight for Survival" jewel in the jewel slot directly below duelist starting area, to gain more penetration on melee hit.

Try it out and if you have more question feel free to ask.
My builds:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1809378 - Lazor Inqusitor
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1781498 - Burning Arrow Raider
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1800999 - Perfect Formless Inferno Slayer
Last edited by habeo on Apr 6, 2017, 3:18:08 PM
Thanks again to everybody who gave their opinion and help. A special thanks goes to habeo who actually thought this all through and gave me massive and detailed feedback.

I followed the suggestions and went from 56k tooltip damage to 140k top with all buffs. I guess the penetration isnt even calculated on that. I sacrificed some armor but gained 200 hp.

All in all it surely was a good investment.

I still have to work on my gear to finetune everything. Also i m aiming to find a way to six link my disfavour.

I am also building a second Character which will go for a non elemental build.

Best regards,
OXOM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info