[2.6] The Fish's Dual Cospiri's Malice Occultist Build - Max Fun + Full Lag

Hi everyone, I would like to share my fun but not so unique build.

Achievements:
Spoiler
>300 deaths on this character. Failed Atziri (not Uber). My Average FPS while playing this build is <24 FPS. XD

I must first state that I am heavily influenced by Liftnerdbro's Cospiri's Malice Build as shown here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf7ljmaQDjs
His build is much much more budget and does seem to be clearing bosses faster than my current setup.

Now lets get to the Table of contents:

1. Pros and Cons
2. Why make this build? and How does it work?
3. Passive Tree & Bandits
4. Gearing & Gem Setups
4.1.1 Dual Cospiri mode
4.1.2 Cospiri and Shield or Cospiri and Hit Cannot Be Evaded Weapon
4.2.1 Blapsemy + Curse
4.2.2 Vengeance + CurseOnHit + Curse
4.3 Flasks
5. Some Videos (more coming soon)
6. Which Maps are Friendlier than others
7. FAQ

Pros
Spoiler

Gameplay is straight forwards
Run through mobs like they are not there
Easy Breaches (didn't test out chayula yet)
A build to sink around 500c
Very fun in maps.
Drop your FPS (cough cough ... Stress Test Your GPU, if you really want.)

A good excuse to start paying GGG some money for incurring extra server costs. (Latency jumps from nromal 80ms to around 170 at times)

Cons
Spoiler

You have to spend at least 400c
Lacking Single Target
Rocks and obstacles are bad and stop you in your path. This causes you to die
Not HC viable (my char died at least 300 times)
You will die to walls and rocks (also known as obstacles in maps, a very heroic death indeed).
Build not Fun until level 87. Have fun leveling :D

You can't level with this build because you die way too much to make any progress in leveling. After switching to this build at level 87, I lost at least 150% XP from various deaths at various points.

you also need to keep up your power charges for a smooth experience. Good thing you have 15s to keep it up.

Can't do Atziri or Shaper or any of the hard bosses. Get a second character to clean them for you. I recommend this guy's build for that.https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1795892. Especially when Legacy Aegis is less than 3ex.

Dont even try rigward the wolf. He will MURDER you.

Why make such a build?
Spoiler

For fun! What else is it for?

Well on a serious note, I wanted to make my own build to run maps faster than an Aegis Aurora character. At this point anything would probably do better, however, I am not happy with the fact that most builds need to stop to cast something or make an attack before moving on. So I
made a build that is constantly on the move.

This build is heavily focused on mob killing and not so much on boss killing. So, there will be no such thing as face tanking bosses.

How does this build work?
Spoiler

10 Grand Spectrum Viridian Jewels!!! At a mere cost of 40c each, buying 10 of them will cost you a total of 400c (or more after this guide comes out).

This will yield a total of 4x10x10 increase in elemental damage. That is a total of 400% and furthermore with the critical strike multiplier, it is completely viable in T13+ maps.

Now In order for this build to keep moving, Cyclone will be used to allow the character to be constantly on the move.

The swords are obviously going to be cospiri's malice because it allows me to get some extra casts on critical strike.

Those combined with leech, occultist's ascendancy node "Vile Bastion", and freeze immunity basically makes the character unkillable to mobs. Of course you will die if you stop spinning.

Passive Tree
Spoiler

This is my current level 87 tree
Note that all jewel sockets should be filled with grand spectrums

For Ascendency Choices. I would go down Wicked Ward in normal, Vile Bastion cruel, Forbidden Power in merciless. You don't really need to do uber lab for this build. But I did it anyway. Just for the lols and clearspeed boosts when enemies explode occasionally.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAW1DXwN0REvEVAVfhXXGDwYVhpIGo0bJRvIHNwgbiLqIvQo-ioLKjgrCiymLL8tqDQKNbk2PTdmN4M8LT1fQYdGcUcGSbFLrkyzUDBSKVJTVeBWY1fJWFpbJl3yX2pjQ2wLbRltbG-ecFJ3B3zwf8Z_-4LHgwmDX4PMhMWGrocTidOMC4w2jxqP-pDWkQeSdJMnl5WX9Ju1nKShL6brpyuxkLQMtz64k7l8u_y9J746voC-isEAwcXDOsb3ytPP3dAf0NDXz9lb217fiuOE53To1ukC6rrsGOyw74jv6_GK8uH0KPVL-Tf56A==

Bandits:
Spoiler

Normal: Kill All
Cruel: Kill All
Merciless: Alira for power charge

Spoiler

Two Cospiri's Malices. Casts 3 spells:
Ice Nova, Vortex, and Glacial Cascade.
Vortex is supported by life leech and cold to fire supports because ignite helps with incinerate, which is used in the chest piece. Life leech is more for sustaining. I find myself dying less when I put life leech on vortex than other skills. Vortex also deals a good amount of damage by itself.
Ice Nova and Glacial Cascade are the main AOE damage dishers. Glacial Cascade is especially good in breaches. These two gems are supported by cold penetration. Because this is the best option ... trust me.

Any 5 Link 6 socket ES bodyarmour would work here. Saves 5 exalts worth of currency by not getting a 6 link. Furthermore, this also allows me to place an aura in the chest piece making socketing jewels in other armour pieces easier.
In the event that you do get a 6 link, I would put fortify into the last socket. Increase Mana used but it gives better survivability. Only haveing 8000-9000 es really hurts.

The Gem Setup is Cyclone + Faster Attacks + Cast on Crit + Increased Critical Srikes + Incinerate. I also put discipline.
Note that I had to roll 3 Greens on this high Int gear. I personally prefer using Viorci Mastercraft 3 Greens for 125 chromes rather than rolling it with 1 Green. But its up to you.

These two pieces are self explanitory. Stun immunity and freeze immunity. I would get max rolls on this ring, since its 65+ cold resists for around 5c. Got mine for 5c with 40% cold resist as explicit and rerolled the implicit with blessed orbs.

The belt provides some strength and extra cold damage. The boots are basically the best deal one can get for around 10-15c that has 30% movement speed.
Movement speed is mandatory for this build, as it will affect clearspeed and whether or not you will survive the times when you have no enemies to hit.
Also getting the leech enchant really helps. Run a few free merc lab carries for some people and hope for RNG to smile upon you.

The rest of the gear are all for resist capping. Get as much resists as possible on them.

These Three pieces of gear are basically my sources of resists. Get as much ES as possible with as much resists as possible. My Gear are very mediocre.
I was lucky to have gotten something useful on the helmet, but its only a mercy lab enchant.

Flame Dash + Faster Casting + Vaal Lightning Trap + Ice Golem

FlameDash to get out of rocks. Rocks are deadly for this character. These obstacles are hard to see and stops you from cycloning. In the event that cycole stops, just flamedash asap. In high tier maps with a lot of mobs, your could die pretty fast without this. I know that I am sacrificing fortify and wriling blades here. but if you ever get a 6 link, you could perma fortify yourself with that 6th link anyway.
Vaal skill for easy damage boost.
Ice Golem for accuracy and Crit chance. This build has a lot of problems with accuracy. Even my tooltip sais that my accuracy is bad.

As for the rest of the gem setup I will explain in the curse setup section. It differs from how you want to setup your curse.

Cospiri and Shield or Cospiri and Hit Cannot Be Evaded Weapon
Spoiler

Why do this? Because I die too much!
Shield gives me at least 2k more energy shield!
Or you can go glass cannon mode and get a cannot evade weapon. This allows every hit to actually hit. Which indirectly increases leech as well as crit chance.
Gem Setup is mostly the same. Just slot whatever utility you like into your shield or weapon.

I would swap out the Cospiri's Malice with the Ice Nova and Glacial Cascade. Since Vortex is needed to keep the build working. I am currently considering using this for boss fights. Maybe getting a third cospiri and slotting it with this combo in offhands.

Curse setup: Blasphemy + Curse
(Use this if you have more mana regen and or a high level Enlighten (lvl 3-4).
Spoiler

Blasphemy + Curse + Arctic Armour + Enlighten

Cast When Damage Taken (level 1)+ Immortal Call (level 3) + Frostbomb (level 10) +Increase AOE.

Why frostbomb? because it loweres enemy cold resists with its aura. Automating that process feels good.

Curse setup: Vengeance + Vengeance + CurseOnHit + Curse
(This is what I am currently using)
Spoiler

Vengence(20%quality) + Vengence(20%quality) + Curse on Hit + Curse.

This is basically free curse application. Since this character is mostly melee, and is getting hit a lot, having two max quality vengences will allow it to proc 70% of the time when you are hit. Then the curse is applied onto the enemies around you.
Why not use blasphemy to turn it into aura? Because it reserves mana. I dont have much mana regen on tree or gear, so I am having trouble keeping up mana in some cases. If you are not having trouble with mana, then you can totally go blapsemy setup.

I must also take into consideration that not everyone has that Discipline mana reduction. If they dont have a high level enlighten, then they will end up with less than 100 mana to use. Cyclone costs at least 22 on a 5 link. So ... good luck finding mana sustenance.

Cast When Damage Taken (level 1)+ Immortal Call (level 3) + Arctic Armour

All defencive skills. Death occurs even with those skills active. It just shows how hard it is to live with this build. You are always at the center of fire.

** Note that vengeance doesn't need to be at level 20. Let it be at whatever level your strength allows it to be. You are not trying to deal damage with that skill.

Flasks
Spoiler

Movement Speeed Movement Speed Movment. Dont forget that flask. Helps clearspeed and survivablility when running between packs. Especially maps where there are a lot of ranged monsters.
Need that luck flask to help build up power charges and keep them up. If you loose them in the middle of a pack its GG and time for you to die. (honestly, its hard to loose them, 15% chance to gain charges on crit and you are spamming skills).
Atiziri for free damage boost and leech. Note that 15% elemental damage thing. Dont buy anything that isn't 15%, its not worth it. Its a few chaos anyway.
Wise Oak. Get it before it goes over 20c each. Its overpowered as hell. Just make sure that your cold resists are the highest.
Armour and antibleed flasks are a mandatory. Bleed can't kill you when you are leeching, but 20 stacks of corrupted blood could kill you under 5s.

Spoiler
Gorge Run (Good Map for this Build)
https://youtu.be/r5PCKTneTmA

Gorge, High Gardens, Peninsula just to name a few off the top of my head.
Why? Open maps. Easy to run. Obstacles are very very obvious. Its hard to not see them.

Decent maps include but not limited to: Shore, Strand, Reef
Why? Open corridors or open map. Some small rocks that prevent you from cycloning. If that stops, you risk dying a lot.

Bad maps include but not limited to: Necropolis, Cells, Crematorium.
Why? Narrow Doorways which are hard to cyclone though. Small rooms. WALLS everywhere. You are looking for a death sentence there.

WAIT, WHERE IS LEVELING GUIDE????
Spoiler
Oh There isn't any yet... You wouldn't be leveling with this anyway. You won't make it to level 87. You die waay too much for leveling. Just spend 50 regrets or so.

Last edited by RockyFish on Apr 4, 2017, 7:41:09 PM
Last bumped on Apr 4, 2017, 7:21:02 PM
Reserved
Reserved

BTW, anyone know how to use this forum properly? How to color text?
Last edited by RockyFish on Apr 4, 2017, 7:23:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info