Sarn Arena Etiquette?

I've noticed, in the past, that there seems to be general consensus amongst non-pvp'ers that while seeking to complete Leo's Sarn Arena daily, pve'ers will confine themselves to one of the four corners of Sarn Arena.

Apparently, attacking someone in Sarn Arena during daily is a breach of unspoken etiquette, as the people seeking dailies view pvp'ers as Leo XP gatekeeping (bridge?) trolls who like nothing more than spawn killing them in sadistic glee.

So what is the proper response?

Do we engage in Sarn Arena as we do in 1v1? Or just leave them be?
Last bumped on Jun 12, 2017, 11:53:10 PM
No, everyone dies, that's arena law. They don't wanna die, they can stay out of arena. I'll never understand the baffling shock these people go through when they enter the pvp free for all zone and discover, to their horror, it's a free for all.
"That's nice cupcake" ~ Rlowe, 1984 - RIP in pieces, least we 4get
"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"...post-ironic thread..." ~ Rlowe, 2017
I'll never understand the reasons behind killing someone who stick in the corner w/o attacking anyone.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
i respect their determination to do their leo dailies. As long as they don't harm others pvp experience. Sarn arena is for having the best pvp experience, if somebody is constantly asking 3 kills in 10 seconds without dying bla bla, and pestering everyone it gets annoying.

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
I usually just leave them be, especially if they are asking politely, but if they are getting annoying and whining with little to no reason they deserve to die.

However their experience greatly contributes to the overall PvP reputation as this is the situation where common players meet PvP. It's a good question, should we care about the outsiders when PvP is ignored from the developer side?
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Those days I kind of get cranky after Good players Spawnkilling and harassing Leo guys.

I kind of get heated too often and start insulting them sadly ( then discover some of them are just drunk), but god it really piss me off to see them because in past they would just play 1 vs 1 and let the noobs alone.

But now that 1vs 1 is a deadland, they come in sarn and fuck all days with guys who just don t want to fight and do their leo.

It piss me off because the reason 1vs 1 got screwed is because those same people been playing shit abuse builds and now they fuck sarn population with their bad manners too.

How can very good pvpers enjoy spawnkilling or snipe afk no moving people? Before 2.0 I don t have memory this was so often.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Apr 3, 2017, 11:09:17 AM
If someone wants to simply get their Leo daily done and leave then I generally don't stand in their way. There are a few exceptions, like if it's a "survive for 180 seconds" daily and someones acting like a dick I'll go over and kill them. But if someone just wants to sit in a corner I don't really feel the need to stop them. Of course, if they attack me or get in between me and someone else then they're dead, but that's their fault and not mine.

If someone wants to kill me in Sarn for the daily then I usually let them, if they can kill me. A lot of people in low level especially seem to enjoy playing on naked characters and deal 2 damage per hit. The people that put no effort into making a character, or even just equipping a rare weapon, don't get a freebie. The same goes for 1v1, provided it's just a kill and not a whole match I generally let nice people kill me for the daily.

Of course, like any game, there are a few people who think they get special treatment. Whether it be high level or low level, if you act like an asshat you deserve to get killed. Then they complain about me killing them, so I kill them again. Nice players get nice treatment.

Though that's just me. I get some people like to spawn kill or take acceleration shrines and off-screen everyone with a million projectiles a second. I don't like to take it too seriously though, it's just a game and if that's what gives them a sense of enjoyment then good for them. :^)
Here's some Arena Etiquette for you, Actalo. How about not attacking me when I say "truce".
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
The stuff I personally look down upon in sarn arena:
Spawn camping: Let people buff and engage when they're ready, so that the fight might actually be contested. But a contested fight is usually not what a griefer is looking for, he just wants to cause grief, so he will spawn kill regardless.

Killing pve'ers to keep them from completing their 3 strikes kill streak or 180s survival mission: Pvp and the pvp community have a bad enough name already in poe. Reinforcing that believe helps noone, unless of course you really like griefing.

Killing everyone without any restraint: Poe is very unbalanced. Often times there will be 1 or a few persons in sarn arena with easymode cookiecutter builds that can kill other people's hipsters builds without there being any contest about it. If one of those cookiecutters is a griefer or knows no self restraint, every non cookiecutter will leave and sarn arena will have died once again, since those cookiecutters generally don't like fighting each others build either.

However, I am ok with spawn camping, chain killing and keeping a player from completing his dailies, if that player happens to be a griefer. With the annoying leo sarn dailies this can actually be a fun mini game in itself. If you manage to suppress the griefer long enough or chase him away (griefers don't like being griefed either ironically), many pve'ers will be able to complete their dailies despite the griefer's best efforts.
[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Sep 1, 2017, 12:56:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info