[2.6] Monkey Baron's Dominating syrnegies (In Progress)

Notice: This is no where near a final build. I'm testing and learning the mechanics

First of, i always liked Dominating blow skill mechanic, its support fun to beat your enemies to a point that they get on your side and then having a big ass army of them defending you. Sadly in the past patches GGG has beat the hell out of Dom blow But hey Inconditionnal Love!

This build is pretty straight forward

Gear

Tree (Probably not optimized)

As i said its pretty straight Forward

Get as much STR as possible

Get As much ES as possible Cuz this build goes up to 600% Increase ES with Shaper gloves and brings Goefri to base ES when you reach 1400 str

Try to get as much Life as possible too, the more HP you got the biggest Spirit offering's ES buff will be

Demo video
Acton's

Usually id say the lag is bearable, that this build performance is 8/10

But having an i3 and running OBS makes me get shit lags

ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Jul 23, 2017, 9:33:50 AM
Last bumped on Jul 23, 2017, 9:34:10 AM
I was thinking of making Domination Blow necromancer with exact same idea in mind - Shaper's for juicy ES%, and Spirit Offering as a great synergy.

However, I'm not sure your passive tree is well optimized:
- Near Harrier node, you can spend 3 points to get a jewel socket along with 6% attack speed - yet you choose to spend 5 points to get a jewel socket further along.
Then you spend another 5 points to get +30 strength and intelligence nodes, a total of 30 dex, 30 strength and 30 intelligence for 5 points.
If you pick jewel socket closer to Harrier for 3 points, with points you save you can pick up Versatility for 2 points, Discipline and Training for 2 points, then Sancticity for another 2 points, also leaving you with 1 point spare.
You trade 70 dex, 30 strength and 30 intelligence for 10% attack speed, 30% accuracy, 20 dexterity, 30 intelligence, +30 life, +20% life, 10% ES and 10 strength.

Or +25 flat life, 20% melee physical damage, 200 flat accuracy, 12% ES, 30 flat mana from raw stats versus:
10% attack speed, 30% accuracy, +20% life, 18% ES, 100 flat accuracy, 20 flat mana, 6% melee physical damage, +40 flat life.
Possibly slightly lower damage (or maybe not, depends how much %accuracy and attack speed influences your dps), but much more survivability.

Or if you don't like this suggestion, just spend those points in any other way, because what you did is highly inefficient :)

Last thing I'm not sure of is concentrating on improving your minions too much instead of your own damage - to dominate, you need to kill something first. Granted, I've never played Dominating Blow myself, so I might be wrong here, but I would prioritize your own damage first, and use your minions only as a support/meatshield.
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)
Last edited by Bristoling on Mar 31, 2017, 9:34:53 PM
"
Bristoling wrote:
I was thinking of making Domination Blow necromancer with exact same idea in mind - Shaper's for juicy ES%, and Spirit Offering as a great synergy.

- Near Harrier node, you can spend 3 points to get a jewel socket along with 6% attack speed - yet you choose to spend 5 points to get a jewel socket further along.
Then you spend another 5 points to get +30 strength and intelligence nodes, a total of 30 dex, 30 strength and 30 intelligence for 5 points.
If you pick jewel socket closer to Harrier for 3 points, with points you save you can pick up Versatility for 2 points, Discipline and Training for 2 points, then Sancticity for another 2 points, also leaving you with 1 point spare.
You trade 70 dex, 30 strength and 30 intelligence for 10% attack speed, 30% accuracy, 20 dexterity, 30 intelligence, +30 life, +20% life, 10% ES and 10 strength.

This reminds me of a Whispering Ice build where you stack Int like mad and end up with a pretty strange looking Tree.

Here the most important stat is Str which basically increases everything be it dps, life, ES and even Mana thanks to the synergy of the unique items.

Even Int and Dex are quite useful, thats why the +30 nodes are taken. Nevertheless i would use a Str convertion Jewel (Inertia) to get Str out of the Dex nodes after Harrier. Some of the Int Nodes could be converted to Str too.

Accuracy isnt needed because of Resolute Technique.

2 things that do worry me:
- 1000 Str wont be easy to reach even after all the conversions and with good gear.
- You end up with low life compared to a life based build, low ES compared to a ES based one and low mana compared to a Mind over Matter build. Its all ok unless you get hit by a chaos based mob since you completely lack chaos resist.

Nevertheless i am curious and would like to see how well this build performs.
"
Xirce wrote:
"
Bristoling wrote:

This reminds me of a Whispering Ice build where you stack Int like mad and end up with a pretty strange looking Tree.

Here the most important stat is Str which basically increases everything be it dps, life, ES and even Mana thanks to the synergy of the unique items.

Even Int and Dex are quite useful, thats why the +30 nodes are taken. Nevertheless i would use a Str convertion Jewel (Inertia) to get Str out of the Dex nodes after Harrier. Some of the Int Nodes could be converted to Str too.

- 1000 Str wont be easy to reach even after all the conversions and with good gear.
- You end up with low life compared to a life based build, low ES compared to a ES based one and low mana compared to a Mind over Matter build. Its all ok unless you get hit by a chaos based mob since you completely lack chaos resist.

Yep

The branch going in Dext area on my tree is because im getting the big 30int/str nodes and at the same time using inertia gives me all that dex into Str
which buffs my ES/LIFE/ES%/MANA/Minion damage/My own damage
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Xirce wrote:
"
Bristoling wrote:

1000 STR is quite easy to obtain. Hell, you could get pretty near 2k if you went the Marauder route (albeit without a Baron on - Black Sun Crest instead). On my necro, I can push to 1500 if I use Meginord's gloves and a Doon Cuebiyari without too much trouble, but I end up sacrificing a little too much IMO to do it. So I generally sit around 12-1300. You need an Astramentis, some Efficient Training, Inertia (if you go the Vaal Pact route)and Brawn jewels, Alberon's Warpath and as much STR as you can manage on your rares. You can sit around 6-7k HP with a Belly of the Beast.

Conversely, you can skip the Vaal Pact route and go with Geofri's Sanctuary and Shaper's Touch and end up with 10-11k eHP, but slower leech.

I also tried the MoM, ZO, EB route. Having unlimited mana was awesome, but I felt a little too squishy. Had trouble making it work.
always great to see some love for domination blow :)
"
Malbidion wrote:
"
Xirce wrote:
"
Bristoling wrote:

1000 STR is quite easy to obtain. Hell, you could get pretty near 2k if you went the Marauder route (albeit without a Baron on - Black Sun Crest instead). On my necro, I can push to 1500 if I use Meginord's gloves and a Doon Cuebiyari without too much trouble, but I end up sacrificing a little too much IMO to do it. So I generally sit around 12-1300. You need an Astramentis, some Efficient Training, Inertia (if you go the Vaal Pact route)and Brawn jewels, Alberon's Warpath and as much STR as you can manage on your rares. You can sit around 6-7k HP with a Belly of the Beast.

Conversely, you can skip the Vaal Pact route and go with Geofri's Sanctuary and Shaper's Touch and end up with 10-11k eHP, but slower leech.

I also tried the MoM, ZO, EB route. Having unlimited mana was awesome, but I felt a little too squishy. Had trouble making it work.

Brawn is a good alternative when you struggle getting STR

but i prefer using a couple of these

sure they only give 24-26 str but you get way more tankiness from the jewel mods and from the INT you dont lose with brawn

Just this jewel gives me 500ES and 400 life
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Apr 1, 2017, 6:39:28 PM
"
prospecial wrote:
always great to see some love for domination blow :)
Yeah
not playing to have a OP build, just having fun with cool mechanics like Dom Blow and Pillar
I wonder how this build works in 3.0 since we will get alot of minion changes.
It means fewer but stronger minions and probably changes to Domination Blow.

I think its the right way to prevent server or client issues and only a limited number of minions can hit a boss because of their hitboxes.

The main reason why i am not a big fan of minion based builds is their current A.I.
They are hardly pushing and tend to follow you instead of being more aggressive by default.

You should be able to control them better.
That could be done by creating a new skill which is doing the exact opposite of Convocation.
It pushes minions, making them more aggressive and kill on their own.
It could need constant mana or constant killing to keep it going.
"
Xirce wrote:

You should be able to control them better.
That could be done by creating a new skill which is doing the exact opposite of Convocation.
It pushes minions, making them more aggressive and kill on their own.
It could need constant mana or constant killing to keep it going.

thats what i like about doing a Summoner build with dom blow

Since im melee the convocation is done ON me, so i get a way better control on who they attack and get a nice meat armour from time to time

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info