[2.6] OCC - The Chaosfall - CI Bladefall cwc Blight/Wither [tested till t12/atziri]

12/04/17 update
since this i'm still making changes and adjustments to the build, i've decided to add a "diary" section to keep track of the changes.

i'm experimenting with warlord's mark instead of incDuration in my cwdt setup, cause i'm afraid that in the endgame leeching just from atziri flask will be bad.
if end up liking it i will try to 4 off color one of my pieces to remove vortex and bring in again incDuration.

i'm starting to work on the gear section, because it's the most lackluster one.

diary

07/04/17 update
i've done my first atziri run with the build.
all went very smooth until i went full retard in split phase and started to dps the reflect one...
4 times in a row...
all of my previous build were trappers, so i've never had to pay attention to this and i totally forgot about it. shame on me.
anyway, i'll post the video of the run anyway, but keep in mind that the dead are because of me, not the build.

since i had a lot of "useless" unreserved mana, i decided to link temp blasphemy with incAoE.
things are now smoother, because i can stay a little away from mobs and still proc profane bloom.
---
05/04/17 update
sorry for the slow updates, but i haven't a lot of time to play lately.
i'm currently level 83 and i've started red maps in my late 70s/early 80s.
i've realized that i fucked up big time in theorycrafting the scourge variant (which is inferior in terms of damage compared to the consuming dark counterpart) so i'm not going to update it.
i switched blight for wither in the main link and it gave me both damage and qol... so i need to change the build name :(

also added a t12 map video

hello everyone!
this is my cwc blight/wither bladefall build guide.

Quick Overview:
+ can start super budget
+ scale VERY well the more you put money on it
+ can do any map mod
+ The Consuming Dark enables a sudo 7link

- no major form of leech except from atziri flask
- cwc has to windup, so the build cannot achieve "meta" level of speed clearing

Idea:
the idea is simply to bladefall continuosly without spending a lot of mana and to convert his physical damage in chaos damage as much as possible, in order to ignore reflect and abuse poison.

i choose wither as my cwc trigger because it freed me from using a wither totem setup.
you can also use blight as the cwc trigger if you want to play more defensely (the slow debuff of blight is very very good), but then you have to make space in your link for a wither totem.

The Consuming Dark make us able to switch out poison from our main link and use another damage support (Controlled Destruction).
this still does more damage than a scourge/rare weapon variant even if cd make us poison only with chaos portion of our damage.

Spoiler

Main Skill: Bladefall
Reason: i played a bladefall poison trapper before ascendancies came out, so i wanted to replay the same build, but without traps (makes sense?)
the build try to focus on converting phys to chaos in orfer to abuse the poison double dipping.

Selfcast vs Cast when Channeling: Cast when Channeling
Reason: First of all i didn't want to have to manage mana and, secondly, i wanted to try some combos with this new trigger gem

Cast when Channeling trigger: Wither (or Blight)
Reason: Given the fact that this is, basically, a poison build, Wither is going to be used, so why not use it directly in the main link?
if you want more defense/cc you can use Blight, but then you have to reserve 3 link on your equip for a Spell Totem + Wither setup.

Class & Ascendancy: Witch, Occultist
Reason: Occultist has damage, es and a second curse.

Sustain: Leech + ES regen
Reason: Ghost Reaver + Vaal Pact + Atziri's Promise give us a lot of sustain thorugh leech, but since i don't want to rely just on it i took also Wicked Ward and Essence Surge.

Main weapon: The Consuming Dark
Reason: this gives the possibilty of not using poison on our main link. yes, ot only makes chaos damage poison (ignoring the phys portion of the damage we deal), but being able to use another more multiplier (and the fact that our goal is to convert to chaos as much as possible) should outshine every other weapon.

Spoiler

Since the build is CI and does chaos damage, on the tree i've tried to focus on those to scale defense and offense.
Potency of Will gives both to the build, cause it extend the duration of poison, fortify, immortal call and crurses.
Ghost Reaver+Vaal Pact are used to sustain the es pool.
Some potion are already strong, but thanks to the Alchemist wheel we can make them even more stronger.

The shadow jewel socket isn't very efficient, but the path to it gives dex, for a total of 144 dex from tree.
This means that all of the dex requirements of the build are covered by just having +11dex somewhere in your gear, which is very easy to obtain, because we are alraedy using an Eye of Chayula for the stun immunity.

ASCENDANCY

1) Wicked Ward
2) Profane Bloom
3) Malediction
4) Void Beacon

ascendency isn't needed to start the build, so you can do normal and cruel labs while leveling in dried lake when those are a complete faceroll, so to be honest the order in which you pick wicked ward and profane bloom is irrilevant.

malediction gives better damage in maps, while void beacon is best against big bosses, this is why i choose to take malediction first.

BANDITS

Normal: kill
Cruel: kill
Merciless: kill

Spoiler

MAIN LINK (in order of priority)
6L: Wither (3)/Blight (11) + CwC + Bladefall + Poison + IncAoE/Conc + Void Manipulation

MAIN LINK with Consuming Dark (in order of priority)
6L: Wither (3)/Blight (11) + CwC + Bladefall + IncAoE/Conc + Void Manipulation + Controlled Destruction

THE OTHER LINKS I'M CURRENTLY USING

MAIN HAND
3L: Shield Charge + Faster Attacks + Fortify

OFF HAND
3L: Vaal Lightning Trap + Vaal Discipline + IncDuration

HELM
3L: Blasphemy + Temp Chain + IncAoE
1S: Discipline

GLOVES
2L: Flame Dash + Faster Casting
1S: Flame Golem
1S: Clarity (1)

BOOTS
4L: Cwdt (1) + Immortal Call (3) + Vortex (4) + IncDuration

Spoiler

Here are some of my thoughts on the gear you should try to get in each slot.
if you want a high level incDuration/golem you have to squeeze some strenght on your gear.
(some of the gear linked here is not mine and is here just so serve as example)

Weapon

The Consuming Dark or Obliteration or The Scourge or Rare weapon
The Consuming Dark is the king of dps, cause it gives the ability to not put poison in the main link.
Obliteration is probably better for mapping, but need some testing.
The Scourge could be nice, but you have to build around it.

Off-hand

Broken Faith or Rare with es, res and int if you can.
Broken Faith gives a little bit of physDmg gained as chaos and Unholy Might on block, which is a huge damage buff for the build.
The amount of leech it gives is too little to rely on for bosses, but when you are mapping and Profane Bloom procs on a pack you'll get back to full life in an istant thank to it.
My plan for now is to keep it until i can afford a Sin's Rebirth, because i think that Broken Faith's defense mods are just too little for the endgame content.

Chest

Rare with es, res and int if you can.

Helmet

The Gull or Rare with es, res and int if you can.
The Gull is a very nice item: it has a decent amount of es, high cold res and the lesser shrine thingy is very very nice to map with.

Gloves

Rare with es, res and int if you can.

Boots

Rare with es, res, movement speed and int if you can.

Belt

Rare with es, res and int and flask mod if you can.
Crystal Belts are super expensive, so i suggest to use a Bated Breath until you can afford one or an Ascent From Flesh if you are having problem capping your res.
Even if the build can sustain itself in phys reflect maps, i tend to switch my belt for a Dyadian Dawn in order to eliminate any danger.

Amulet

Eye of Chayula
For the stun immunity. Shop for one with at least +11 to all attributes in order to meet all of the dex requirements.
We use this instead of Valyrium, because the endgame goal is to use... (see Rings section)

Rings

double Ming's Heart
The damage that this ring add to the build is immense and the reduced es is laughable.
You can start with just one and equip the second when your other slots cover all of your res.
In no regen map i use an Elreon ring to being able to channel Wither without paying any mana.

Potions

Atziri's Promise for damage and leech
Witchfire Brew for the second curse and damage
Sin's Rebirth for damage (the burn removal is a nice bonus)
You'll also need a bleed remove flask and a freeze remove flask.
I'm currently using a Basalt Flask and a Quicksilver, but probably a Silver Flask would be better than the latter because it would give also attack speed (hence a faster movement skill).

Jewels

Search for a jewel with es and a damage mod then:
a) if your gear is ok and you have a lot of currency shop for a second damage mod
b) if you still need to cap your res search for the one you need

If you are lucky enough to find a low priced jewel with the corruption "You cannot be cursed with silence" grab it, because that mod gives immunity to the last thing that could potentially stop the build.

This is the link i use for shopping jewels in legacy.

damage mod priority

with max rolled mod:
Chaos (16%) > Area (12%) > General (10%) > Phys (16%) > Spell (12%) > DoT (12%)

with 10% rolled mod:
Area/General > Chaos > Phys/Spell > Dot

My gear
Spoiler

Spoiler

leveling in arid lake just to showcase how the build function. it currently has roughly one tenth of the potential endgame damage

t12 - necropolis

first atziri run - went full retard on split phase

Spoiler

using the scourge instead of consuming dark: i've only theorycrafted the scourge variant, but using this weapon you'll have around 10% more less total dps, a faster wb/sc and wolves as a distraction for enemies.
the drawback is the you then need to revert to use poison instead of added chaos damage controlled destruction, and you will lose 12% es from tree.

the scourge + the covenant: 15% more total damage compared to the normal socurge variant. the problem is the "skill have blood magic" mod since the build is ci.
to circumvent this is needed to use a lvl 1 wither instead of blight and a -7 elreon ring which will makes wither free.
the major drawback, however, is the fact that the covenant has only 400ish es.

the scourge + necromancer ascendancy: the necromancer ascendancy is certainly viable. it's an overall boost in damage (spirit offering is huge), but at the cost of survivabilty. also you'll have to sacrifice some points on the tree to take whisper of doom if you want to keep your second curse.
if you are interested in playing this as a necromancer i suggest you to take a look at this build made by SasquatchBrah

Spoiler

changelog:
  • 03/31/17 guide started
  • 04/05/17 major update - changed the name of the build :(
  • 13/05/17 expanded gear and passive sections

to do:
  • add faq section
  • make a list of uniques good for the build
Last edited by tufferugli on Apr 13, 2017, 11:50:14 AM
Last bumped on Aug 9, 2017, 4:19:57 PM
I'm really intrested in this build !!! Will it recieve any updates?
Please inform me when this build manages to leave dried lake and is closer to your theorized complete state. As it currently stands as a WIP, I cannot add it to the build listing, however it looks as if it could be sound in the future.

I also had some questions as to why you chose duration nodes, as bladefall is not effected by them specifically. True, it does improve the damage your poisons produce, however you did not opt in for exceptional performance. I would like to see some expanded thoughts on this, but this is again just my personal questioning.

Cheers
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
I tried this build at the very beggining of the league for the very same reason of casting bladefall for low manacost and no casting animation. Sadly I kind of failed and abandoned the build... Really expecting you to make it work so I can figure out where I failed.
"
Kapas4ev3r wrote:
I'm really intrested in this build !!! Will it recieve any updates?

i'm a little ashamed to say that the biggest change i made in the build is to switch out blight for wither in the main link, so the center of the build and the original name are a little bit lost...

anyway i'm going to update it probably today

"
Kwitch wrote:
Please inform me when this build manages to leave dried lake and is closer to your theorized complete state. As it currently stands as a WIP, I cannot add it to the build listing, however it looks as if it could be sound in the future.

well, you are right.
since the start of this guide i've managed to do t12 maps without problems.
i can't try higher tiers because they haven't dropped for me yet.

"
Kwitch wrote:
I also had some questions as to why you chose duration nodes, as bladefall is not effected by them specifically. True, it does improve the damage your poisons produce, however you did not opt in for exceptional performance. I would like to see some expanded thoughts on this, but this is again just my personal questioning.

i've initially theorized this build in path of building and i went for the most cost effective damage nodes.

taking the potency of will cluster costs 5 points and gives a 5.6% damage increase per point, which is very good.
the exceptional performance cluster gives the same damage boost, but costs 10 points to take, which means that you can invest those 10 points in much more efficient damage clusters.

"
xarkaikk wrote:
I tried this build at the very beggining of the league for the very same reason of casting bladefall for low manacost and no casting animation. Sadly I kind of failed and abandoned the build... Really expecting you to make it work so I can figure out where I failed.

sorry to hear that :(
for me the biggest game changer was starting to have life leech via the atziri flask, did you use it?

anyway i'm taking some time today to update the guide with all of what i've learned about the build, hope you'll find it useful :)
Hi,can you update the skill tree?
it refreshed when the update came out i believe.
i'm still using this build in the 2.7

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info