Potential User Data Breach

Guess this is what Chris meant when he indicated that the botters were not one of his priorities at the moment.
will support be able to restore items if the hackers steal the account/items?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Guess this is what Chris meant when he indicated that the botters were not one of his priorities at the moment.

LOL, botters are people exploiting the game, not infiltrating their local server.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
i want hash
Last edited by CaoMengde on Mar 28, 2017, 6:41:38 PM
"
Chris wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
Should we change your passwords now just to be safe even if it was strong?

It's always good to change your passwords often, so definitely.

Actually, you shouldn't change passwords often if you have strong passwords that aren't reused. Frequent password changes leads to bad habits; you should only change them if you suspect they are compromised.
new master for password crafting in 3.0

special chars at level 8
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
if you need any help reverse engineer a hacker, than call me... i will do it for free and actually all of your security can learn some stuff..
we can do a wall that isnt glas, its metal hard metal
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
Daiena wrote:
What the hell is with all the ''Thank you''? They got hacked,there is a slim chance that some/most/all personal info inbetween those dates got jacked,and you are thanking them?
For what? being transparent? It's not transparency,it's a common sense and i do believe that in certain regions a requirement that if any or/and all private user-end information has been/might be compromised that they have to make an announcement.

This is a fuck up,there is nothing to thank them for,sit back and hope that nothing much got leaked.

considering they immediately put their hands up once the scope of the problem was established and said 'here's what happened, here's what we're doing, please change passwords' instead of pussyfooting around it, damn right people are going to be pretty OK with it.

So many companies try and play off breaches or only alert people when it's found out that there's a problem. GGG has built a great rapport with their customers and they rarely actually fuck things up - and breaches like this are sometimes truly just beyond their control.

"
sarannah101 wrote:
"
stevich wrote:
"
sarannah101 wrote:
I have posted this in the feedback forum before, but will post this again here:

Could we please get a 2nd password for our accounts, which is needed to access our items(stash/inventory/equipped gear)?
This is how I envision it to work: After logging in like we do now, for the first time when you try to pick up an item in your inventory, equipped items or stash you will be prompted for this password. This password could be a simple 4 or 5 digit code. This password would only have to be used once per log-in, and auto log-offs the account when you attempt three failed uses in a row. Meaning that even if somehow your account would be brute-forced, your items would still be safe.

The advantage is that your items are always safe, even if your account does get hacked. The disadvantage would be people forgetting their 2nd password and mailing GGG for this.

I've actually used this type of system in another mmo I used to play, and it worked great.

Would this 2nd password be something GGG could take a look at?

+ hacker would have to bruteforce 2 passwords

- user experience when trying out the game (even if it seems minor to type in 2 passwords)
- as you mentioned bigger workload for support
- remembering 2 passwords
- always having to type this password after every login (thats a absolut killer user experience wise)

I think the negatives outweigh the positives, but maybe im just negative.

- user experience when trying out the game (even if it seems minor to type in 2 passwords)
Well, the 2nd password would have to be created. But this is only once.

- as you mentioned bigger workload for support
Nothing to be done about this.

- remembering 2 passwords
Yes, but the 2nd password isn't a real password, it would only be a 4 or 5 digit code. Which will usually be something players can easily remember.

- always having to type this password after every login (thats a absolut killer user experience wise)
Having to type this password once after every log-in isn't a huge deal in my opinion. Try to keep track of how often you log in/out. Maybe once every 3-5 hours, unless you happen to crash. Keep in mind though, you could play the game without even letting the game prompt you for the 2nd password, by not accessing your stash/inven/equipped items. Ofcourse when your inventory fills up, eventually you'd have to let it prompt you when you need to sell stuff from your inventory.

You are correct with your downsides though, so awesome feedback. Personally, I think the pro's heavily outweight the cons.
The true realistic cons for the player are having to create this code, remembering it, and typing it once every play session(usually at the very beginning).

What the hell is this crap. Do you ever travel? Or try to log into POE at work? It requires constant POE unlock codes being sent to your account email whenever logging in from a different location from your last login (every day I have to do this twice because I log in at work) and i hate it. I dont want 3 layers of security for a fking game, banks don't even care that much.

If our accounts were chosen for violation by would be hackers, they need to pick a account email, brute force the password, hack the email address associated with the account (or make it seem as tho they are logging in from the same location)

Maybe i'm just lazy, but that all seems like way way way too much work for a game account
Life will be technically better Soon TM
Last edited by waskely on Mar 28, 2017, 7:01:01 PM
Is this what happens when you run 3 breach league stones together?

jokes aside, thanks for informing us
"Teamwork is OP"
-The one and only one Dark_Reaper115 at your service.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info