Necro/Melee build with The Baron and The scourge, how many % melee phys do I need?

Hello,

I am making a Necro/Melee build based on several unique item which are :

The Scourge : http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Scourge
The Baron : http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Baron
Alberon's Warpath to boost my strenght : http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Alberon%27s_Warpath
Victario's charity to benefit from the fact that I fight with my minions : http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Victario%27s_Charity

And here is my tree : poeurl.com/bd6t
Currently I'm level 66 and 610 strenght and my zombies feel pretty strong to me, but I still don't have The scourge (but I have 1ex).

The main idea is to fight with my minion in the melee and boost them while I am doing decent damage myself. I focus my defence on life, life reg and armor (and my minion that take some damage for me), and I think I can have 5k life since now I have 3k5 without some life node and stuff that I don't wear yet.
I don't think I will be able to get 1k strenght for the bonus from The Baron but it's ok.

The spells and attack I want to use :
I use only zombies for now, but I want to make a spell totem with skeleton for the boss.
I use flesh offering and desecrate when I need it.
I will use an melee skill like blade flurry
Then I want to use vigilant strike with The vigil (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Vigil)
Maybe this is a bit too much spell but I only use zombies and my attack for clearspeed, then I use everything for boss.

And to use my scourge, I want to know if I have enough melee physical damage to do damage myself with my minion ? I have 484% melee physical damage with all my strengh and different bonus from tree and stuff, and I am thinking about using a spell like blade flurry with only support gem to improve my damage with this attack.

I don't feel like using a cast while channeling with skeleton because it will lower my damage to much and I won't be able to kill ennemies myself before my zombies, because I want to use victario's charity.

Thanks for your help, I am "working" on finding a melee/necro build for ten or more hours and my eyes are burning of reading wiki and stuff. But don't tell me to completly change my build (because I have a lot of fun creating it), I just want to know if my phys damage are enough and if I can have some improvement. Also tell me if you think this is really bad or not :)

EDIT : I forgot to say that I use anger
EDIT2 : I said that I can have 484%phys damage but I didn't include violent dead, a jewel that give me 15% increased to minion damage, so it is more like 500%phys, AND I also forgot to say that I have +22% attack speed from my tree, which is not a lot...

Last edited by Zulhuky on Mar 29, 2017, 8:30:04 AM
Last bumped on Apr 25, 2017, 12:52:06 PM
Your idea is really good.
I would do some changes first i would pick necro to get the necro class nodes Mistress of sacrefice, spirit eater,comader of darkness and beacon of coruption.

Now i would use Geofri's Sanctuary and a shapers Touch with around 1000 strengt i could get with Paths of building 4k life and 5k enrgieshield .
Now i found out if you use ghostreaver your zombie would not leech enrgieshield to you but they will still leech life to you the one who will leech energie shield would bee you. So you would get boths leech energie+life with this build.
I choose for main dmg skill bladevortex +poisen on a 4l i would make 113074 dmg.

This is my tree http://poeurl.com/beli all the jewel spot are choosen becouse they will get the most of the unique jewels i use to get 1k strengh . This tree is not optimized i think you want to hit 900 strengh to get 11 zombies out all doing poisen dmg. so this would be a 12 man poisen dmg build.

This is just a idea i got from reading the build you wanted to do maybe this can help you out to make a build better.

Editt: so i work out the tree a bit http://poeurl.com/belC and i also put the zombies in the hellm for +2 so the dmg link they would lose on a 5 link will not be that big on the other hand i use a 5l on my bladevortex and archive now 190k dps with 20 blades.
Last edited by mysticzero1 on Mar 29, 2017, 11:51:45 AM
Thanks for your answer
I was thinking about blade vortex but there is one problem with this spell, it is a spell ! A high strength gives a lot of melee damage, for 600 str I have +120% increased melee physical damage, that is why I choose to use blade flurry. And this skill have already a high attack speed so it is less penalizing for me to not have a lot of attack speed. And I can have a lot of hits for my minion to have frenzy charge.
But it is true that the benefices from the Necromancer, especially Mistress of sacrifice, are really good.
Shaper's Touch seems like the best if I go hybrid, right now I have Meginord's Vise in hands that help me to get some strength.

You can make some adjustment in your tree to gain 3 passive skill point for free (near ghost reaver and at the top of the tree poeurl.com/bems)

I also need to kill things, because victario's charity can get me power charge on kill, which are really good with minion (four time more effective than for the player). So I was thinking about getting culling strike with blade flurry, and maybe switch with another gem for boss, but my zombies do too much damage for me to be able to use culling strike I think...
HI thanks for your advice i trim down the tree and took Reselut technique becouse of the low accuracy we have and changed to bladefurry as you say http://poeurl.com/bemY
In the claw node you took, you should come to the other side to take Soul Raker because we don't need crit chance and multi.

I want to go to the marauder side of the tree because there is a lot of strength in here, so I can get even more melee damage for me and my minion.
I just got another idea, maybe I should use frost blade with iron grip support instead of blade flurry, cause right now I have 700 strength which gives me 140% melee damage, and frost blade is a melee and projectile attack at the same time, so I can have +280% damage from my strength !!
So I will not have 484% melee phy, but 638% melee phys ! (cause I have 10% more with berserk) AND I use projectile attack so I'm safer. Maybe I could also start from the ranger or shadow side of the tree, but I feel like I still need resolute technique because I can't have a decent amount of crit and accuracy
"
Zulhuky wrote:
I just got another idea, maybe I should use frost blade with iron grip support instead of blade flurry, cause right now I have 700 strength which gives me 140% melee damage, and frost blade is a melee and projectile attack at the same time, so I can have +280% damage from my strength !!
So I will not have 484% melee phy, but 638% melee phys ! (cause I have 10% more with berserk) AND I use projectile attack so I'm safer. Maybe I could also start from the ranger or shadow side of the tree, but I feel like I still need resolute technique because I can't have a decent amount of crit and accuracy

Iron Grip will not double dip the damage on frost blades the way you are expecting it to.

Your build would be way stronger as a Witch Necromancer and taking minion damage over physical attack damage nodes.

I tried to do a similar build idea with 2x Scourge + Baron with 1k Strength and wasn't happy with the amount of damage I was getting out of it. The zombies are also pretty squishy unless you invest quite a bit in making them tankier.

I was having pretty good success until around T15 maps, zombies were dying too fast and I felt like the damage wasn't high enough for T16 or Shaper.

Build URL: www.poeurl.com/bhou
Fresh builds all day.
Last edited by DarthPwn on Apr 20, 2017, 5:28:01 PM
Yes I figured out that frost blade is not a good skill for this build. So I give up on doing damage myself and I only try to buff my minion by hitting the target, so on a 4l I have blade flurry with cast when channeling and summon skeleton, then when I hit, I gain :
-Frenzy charge for my minion, which gives (when I have 3 of them) : 45% attack speed, 12% more damage, +15% movement speed
-sometime some power charge, but it is too rare

But my zombies are squishy too, even if I have :
-Fortify all the time on my minion
-Buff life from The Baron
-resistances capped
-I use spirit offering
But I can't do Breach when I am in a t10-11 map for example... It could be ok if at least I could keep my zombie alive longer, but I am not even sure if I could do atziri normal. I guess I should have started as a witch...
My tree : poeurl.com/bhUO
I'm sad, I don't want to start the same character again... :(
Last edited by Zulhuky on Apr 25, 2017, 12:52:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info