Question about MTX benefits to area damage and others

Morning fellow players. Quick question for ya

Some time ago ppl were raging about mtx benefits to area damage on vortex, nova skills and some others I cant remember. Is this a real thing? (And just to clarify I am not a p2w fun and I believe it doesn't exist in the game; no kappa)

I am planning to buy the spark mtx and I am not sure if spiders will be better damage-area wise than the regular sparkers. Is there any official link i can refer to since i dont want to dig into something already discussed in the past

thx in advance!
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2017, 1:50:02 PM
Luckily, what you heard is nonsense.

MTX is purely cosmetic. Sometimes its also helpful because its easier to distinguish from other effects. The only "p2w" mechanic are stashtabs.
I've heard some MTX gives more FPS than the default effects as well. Havent bothered to do any research on it myself though.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Only vaguely similar thing I can remember is when Pathfinders were meta, some people had a Blade Vortex in a 6 linked chest for their main skill, and also a second Blade Vortex used with Curse on Hit, or Power Charge on Crit, or whatever. In that case, applying the MTX effect to one of the BV skill gems meant they had different effects and it was easier to tell when you had both up.

On a case-by-case basis, some people might find that the purchasable MTX has a better defined area, so it's easier to tell exactly where an AoE skill will deal damage and where it won't.

But in terms of MTX straight up increasing damage done / area of AoE skills, etc? No, that's not a thing at all. You might've just stumbled upon a meme. Some people say that if you drop items in front of Kuduku as a tribute, he'll increase the odds of you getting a 6 link when using Orbs of Fusing. Other people say you should press M three times in quick succession before using Orbs of Chance so that Chris will give you better RNG. It's all just silly stuff that's said in good fun.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
perfect thank you guys!

i will also do some research into the black vortex thing that you mentioned @鬼殺し.

appreciated

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info