Since most hate the Lab how about this for content difficulty GGG ?

No need to elaborate on Lab hating, another huge thread covers that. Since the Lab represents a change up of the normal zones and we must make the entire run or be forced to start over (all or nothing) then GGG could try another way to do lab content difficultly. Start with the base levels of 32, 55, and 68 for the 3 runs but instead of Izaro being an over-tuned boss just to make defeating him for the next 2 ascendancy points uber-hard (for most) GGG should instead put all the Lab zones and Izaro on a sliding difficulty scale such that the content "challenge" (monster and Izaro difficulty) matches our exile's level. That means, for example, if I were to wait and make the Cruel Lab run (2nd run come 3.0.0) until my exile was level 65, instead of monsters being mostly easy-peasy like mosquitoes and the Izaro triple battle being a piece of cake (if not then your build really sucks and you should die), that the Lab zones and Izaro will match my exile and be level 65. This way over-leveling will be mostly eliminated as the lab's content difficulty will scale up to match my exile's level (SSF and some players may choose to wait until they are better equipped). Then GGG can re-balance Izaro and zone creatures to be tough fights regardless how high the exile level is. Keep the base 32, 55, and 68 so no one is making the runs too early on but then match the "content challenge" with the exile level. This also benefits endgame exiles in that we will never be able to trivialize (well most won't be able to) Lab content as a level 90+ exile will battle a level 90+ Izaro.

GGG could even take that 1 step further and monitor how fast Izaro's health is decreasing and if the first battle ends too quickly then very subtly increase his difficulty for the 2nd battle and again for the 3rd battle. I'm sure this idea sounds controversial but what the hell is any one playing PoE at all for if you can always make a build that can steam roll all content. Likewise for GGG, killing off their player base by making content that is too hard for the new or "casual" players isn't good either. I know that PoE will never have a slider for "content difficulty" (that would certainly screw up the game economy) as Diablo and other arpg's have so getting closer to every player's "Goldilocks" ideal of PoE, not too hard or too soft but just right, is desired (and probably necessary) and is very important for player retention.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2017, 9:22:27 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
afaik the main complaint is that the labyrinth is such a minor part of the overal gameplay for most players that it's not really worth considering it in their builds, yet the points from the lab are 100% needed for the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info