Making my own stash auto-sorting program, is that allowed ?

Hi GGG.

I am studying computer science, and is pretty proficient in programming.

I would like to ask if it would be okay to make a program that auto sorts my stash?

After looking around i could not find any guidelines for making external programs for this sort of thing, and i find this a problem for me while playing. + i find the challenge fun :)

"
(Edit) I found that in GGG Terms of Service 6.c: (c) Utilise any automated software or ‘bots’ in relation to your access or use of the Website, Materials or Services.
I am unsure if this applies to what i am asking, while it kinda looks like a direct answer to my question.
i have been told that programs like AutoHotkey and stuff is allowed, so i am unsure where the line is drawn. The program i want to make would not be anything but helping hand in a trivial and time consuming part of the game ?

It would be a C# program that uses the CTRL+C command for getting the info of the items, and the collects all the data for items in a given stash.
I also plan on making the app/program control the mouse while sorting, and i have a feeling that this may be the problem.

I just want to ask before i got started, especially if you have some guideline on what i can and cannot do.

Thank you for at great game, i hope you guys find your time to answer this.
Last edited by Madsen88 on Mar 27, 2017, 7:36:32 AM
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2017, 9:54:31 AM
If by sorting you mean automatically moving items for you, then it is not allowed. I think you may be able to index the items with a program so you can move them manually, but I'm not sure on that. It's pretty much what procurement and acquisition do though.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Mar 27, 2017, 7:44:22 AM
"
mark1030 wrote:
If by sorting you mean automatically moving items for you, then it is not allowed. I think you may be able to index the items with a program so you can move them manually, but I'm not sure on that. It's pretty much what procurement and acquisition do though.

This could be a way to do it too, making an image of the sorted stash that you could follow when moving items around.
some player already programmed a stash sorter and ggg disallowed it because it's automatisation of the game client.

every program that is moving your mouse or simulating clicks is not allowed.

programs that get and evaluate game info over the win clipboard are allowed or those which send keyboard input towards the game client if it results in one action being sent to the gameserver are allowed too.
And the best thing to do, rather than post on the forums, would be to email GGG directly.

support@grindinggear.com
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info