Making Endgame Lab, A Real Endgame Feature

Now before content pros and cons that i can think of(its up to you to consider which are pros and which are cons):

-Uber lab farming characters wouldnt be a thing.
-More people would like to risk for uber lab.
-Nonsense endgame trials would removed. After players complete 6 of them, usually dont go in to them for offering. Really a waste of content.
-More rewarding for per uber lab, as you would expect from treasure rooms.
-Map drops. And aim for possible full clear.
-Less RNG factor.
-It would be more of a lab concept because wouldnt be possible to handout layouts in first hour.So you really have to explore it.
-Replacing useless trial prophecy with something usefull.
-Same monster level as map(will explained later), so every uber lab would have diffirent difficulty and diffirent rewards(more or less quanitity or rarity.)
-It would force players to consider, either risk for more keys and rewards or some safer loot.

Now let me start with what i have in my mind. I am thinking that GGG should remove entire trial system of uber lab. Instead, with same rarity or less (for balance issues) a direct uber lab enterence should appear on maps randomly. Firstly if this happens you cant buy offerings to farm uber lab and therefor making a character solely for farming uber farm would be waste. So if you want to farm uber lab whenever you encounter one you should make a character which can do endgame contents and uber lab(will be detailed later on). And you can replace the useless trial prophecy, win-win.

So before any more toughts i have to explain this. This uber lab which appears on maps randomly, would have same monster level with maps. And if you can clear uber lab on T16 you should get better rewards than t15 etc. Since lab would be a part of map(like zana maps), they should drop maps accourding to their map tier. So in a T16 map you got an uber lab, even if you cant fight with izaro you would still hop in to get some juicy map drops from trash mobs. Its like a bonus map. And i think this would be more rewarding than doing shaped strands all days. Atleast this will make people think about something else than shaped strands. Since it ll be harder on higher tier maps player should carefully consider to have extra keys. Because it would make it a lot harder. And i would suggest that original map quanity and rarity should apply to lab(at least on some percent.). Also since enterance to uber lab cant done by buying an offering, websites like poelab atleast would be delayed to publish uber layouts. So if someone gets enterance in a map before layout and wants to go in then player should discover the uber layout. which was the concept in mind i think.

So i talked about a bunch of things which would make lab harder and harder. So in return, i would expect things that are very rewarding. This should be something when you see it you would like to risk dying and failure for those sweet rewards. So since uber lab would be harder to come by(because you cant buy something like offering), and it becomes harder with map tiers, i would suggest those as rewarding option:

- Atleast 1 diviner and/or 1 map box in treasure room for each run.
- Map drops according to original map tier(from trash mobs).
- At least some of quanitity or rarity from original map applies to lab(but without map mods). Maybe for T1 maps %1 of quanity and rarity for T16 maps %16. something like this: %150 quanity for both T1 and T16 maps, T1 gives lab %1.5- T16 gives lab %24.(affecting treasure chests)
- Can use enchant device total 3 times for 1 helm, 1 boots, 1 gloves.
- New treasure box: 1 to 3 random uniques.

Now i am aware that not everyone can complete this kinda uber lab. but still not everyone can atm. people hire carries for that. For skill points they still can hire and because of no dealing with trials possibly earlier. And even if you cant fight this izaro you still get benefits from just clearing trash.

Anyways thanks for anyone who reads my nonsense. New ideas/criticism is welcome if explained with its reason(s). I hope something like this happens.
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2017, 3:51:51 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
This is good suggestion, too bad it attacks "economuh" part of uber lab farming, therefore it won't be even examined by ggg, much less implemented.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
+1, though there seem to be too many rewards. A little less and I love your suggestion.
Currently when I see a trial in a map I think "fuck, I hate trials, but the offering is worth it". If I encountered a lab in a map , I'd always enter and be happy about it.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
Hmmm... making the uber-lab a normal part of the endgame content as a side area we find in maps is an interesting idea. That way the difficulty of the lab will be the map level difficulty. That would certainly eliminate the uber-Izaro farmer builds and GGG would be able to balance Izaro to be a fairer and more equal challenge for a greater variety of builds as GGG could tell from the map tier approximately how strong the exile is. Getting rid of having to find and run trials just to get an offering is a great idea.

I like this idea. Too bad it'll probably never happen.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
I like it! ++. :)
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
thanks for positive feedbacks guys. i think if there is a happening chance of this technically i think this would be super good.

About economics of game, i tought this as when you enter uber lab, if you dont die quickly you should get at least 100-200 c worth of maps items or divination cards. Yes farming this wouldnt be an option but i think people still would shape their character around uber lab. Because there would be such high rewards when you enter, you would want to clear all of lab. So this would be still revelant to economy i think.
"
anum11 wrote:
if you dont die quickly you should get at least 100-200 c worth of maps items or divination cards.

and you don't see a problem in that?
"
almostdead wrote:
"
anum11 wrote:
if you dont die quickly you should get at least 100-200 c worth of maps items or divination cards.

and you don't see a problem in that?

please read carefully. i writed it ll be a lot harder to clear on higher maps. also it is not possible to farm. You can balance it by lowering encounter percentage also. But my opinion is this kinda lab should be around that much rewarding. Maybe a bit lower rewards but i think this kinda system would be solid, not just for rewards but also for pace of change on endgame mapping. Something to look forward for just like a divination strongbox etc. maybe rarer. or maybe i write rewards a bit much, i dont know but i am not thinking this only as a reward:

You get to full clear uber lab.
If you encounter one on a map your time spend on that map will be a lot higher which is a nice change of pace.
You get more xp on that map.

So if it is have to be tuned you can lower encounter chance a bit more or lower rewards i write a bit more. But please do comment about system itself also.

Edit: Or maybe you can remove personal stash from lab and you just have to pick what really worth more. so you are somehow limited.

Edit2: I think this should be like "Oh yes an Uber Lab enterance". You know something make you happy. Accually i care little about economy because i would like our game play with more variety. And i really like these kinda encounters. And i am still ok this to balanced around economy if this is going to be a thing.
Last edited by anum11 on Mar 27, 2017, 4:00:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info