the FIRST REMASTERED is coming in 4months, next Diablo2 Remastered edition?

"
grepman wrote:
basically, unless the game is not on gog or not available to buy on modern platforms, there is usually very little to need to remaster.

Something like that, especially if it has a resolution patch so it supports widescreen, might be more justified if the game was buggy or had other flaws. Or if you add some more content like they did with Age of Mythology HD, new faction, high resolution support, bug and balance fixes, it was a fairly honest remaster.

Doing a full remake is another thing but it's rarely done. Can't say I'm too optimistic either about FF7 remake considering the current trends in the franchise but we'll see.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 29, 2017, 5:49:48 AM
Just another cash grab. Only idiots will buy it. Have fun with that. It probably wont even be moddable.
"
raics wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
basically, unless the game is not on gog or not available to buy on modern platforms, there is usually very little to need to remaster.

Something like that, especially if it has a resolution patch so it supports widescreen, might be more justified if the game was buggy or had other flaws. Or if you add some more content like they did with Age of Mythology HD, new faction, high resolution support, bug and balance fixes, it was a fairly honest remaster.

eh once you add a new faction, doesnt it cease being a 'remaster' and adds up being kind of a mod ? I didnt play age of myth so maybe its not as grand in scale, but if I were to get, say, HoMM (1-4) remaster with a new faction I would get pretty pissed. and btw homm3 hd remaster is hot garbage, I paid like 3 bucks for it and thought it was a ripoff even at that price.

anyway I get what you mean, but usually games that do get remastered are very good or at least popular games, so I never seen much of a reason to change anything in story/mechanics/nontech things.

"

Doing a full remake is another thing but it's rarely done. Can't say I'm too optimistic either about FF7 remake considering the current trends in the franchise but we'll see.
since you have russian in your sig, are you a russian speaker ? if so, you probably heard of the remake of pathologic ? think its a big game over there.
"
Fetus wrote:
Only worth it if Median XL will eventually work with it.

That would be pretty awesome. I haven't played it in years but I remember it adding a lot of flavor to the game and making the grind not so bad.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Dem Membaberries tho....
"
grepman wrote:
since you have russian in your sig, are you a russian speaker ? if so, you probably heard of the remake of pathologic ? think its a big game over there.

Kinda, but my russian isn't terribly good, haven't heard of the game either which isn't surprising if it was only released there :)

Anyway, AoM was kinda buggy on newer windows systems (and had some quirks in general), they added some features too so it's a solid effort. The new faction is treated as an expansion and you can buy the game without it if you want, though those Vermilion birds were so gloriously broken it's a shame if anyone missed it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
The biggest thing will be an improved multiplayer experience. What made War3 decline in popularity was a waning battle.net population. With China's NetEase server and W3arena Warcraft 3 has surged back up in popularity. It's amazing to me that I can fire up NetEase and find a ladder game in literally 5 seconds despite playing in US time zones against Chinese players and a high MMR rating, and with very little latency issues on top of that.

Cannot be more excited for the most balanced RTS game of all time to become The Next Big Thing.
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info