[2.6] Shock Nova | Storm Call Inquisitor

Hello! This is my first attempt to create a build and write a guide on it, so I ask you to refer to possible errors with understanding.

This build uses two main skill: Shock Nova for clearing maps and Storm Call for bosses.

Video

Skill Tree

Ascendancy (Inquisitor)
Spoiler
In order of taking:

Righteous Providence
Inevitable Judgement
Instruments of Virtue
Augury of Penitence

Bandits
Spoiler
Normal - Kill'em All - plus 1 skill point
Cruel - Help Alira - plus 5% cast speed
Merciless - Help Alira - plus 1 power charge

Skill Gems
Spoiler
1. Weapon (Pledge of Hands) - Shock Nova (20/20) - Faster Casting (20/20) - Increased Critical Strikes (20/20) - Increased Critical Damage (20/20) - Power Charge On Critical (20/20)

For a sixth link there are a lot of options, which must be tested, for example: Increased Area of Effect (20/20) or Controlled Destruction (20/20) or Added Lightning Damage (20/20) or Empower (3).

2. Body Armor - Storm Call (20/20) - Less Duration (20/20) - Spell Echo (20/20) - Controlled Destruction (20/20) - Increased Critical Strikes (20/20) - Concentrated Effect (20/20)

3. Lightning Warp (20/20) - Less Duration (20/20) - Faster Casting (20/20) - Rapid Decay (1/0)

4. Blasphemy (20/20) - Temporal Chains (20/20) - Warlord's Mark (20/20) - Enlighten

5. Cast when Damage Taken (20/0) - Immortal Call (20/20) - Summon Lightning Golem (20/20) - Discipline (20/0)

Current Gear
Spoiler

To be continued...

Soon I will write in more detail about the choice of gear, skill gems setup and other useful information.

I will be glad to discuss this build and answer your questions!
Last edited by MEDVED_RUS on Apr 2, 2017, 9:41:14 AM
Last bumped on Apr 4, 2017, 5:39:04 AM
Reserved
Updates:

- Added a small video to show the build in action (I only use 5-link Shock Nova setup without AoE): T11 Shaped Strand Run

- Yesterday I was lucky to get 6-link Pledge of Hands, so soon will be able to test which skill gem to use as the sixth link.
What do you think about blue dream ? Also why didnt you grab the staff nodes?
Last edited by zotle123 on Mar 30, 2017, 3:02:54 AM
"
zotle123 wrote:
What do you think about blue dream ? Also why didnt you grab the staff nodes?

Hi! Thanks for the good questions.
Unfortunately, I did not pay attention to these jewels - The Blue Dream and The Blue Nightmare. I'll have to try them to compare their performance with Power Charge on Crit skill gem.

In patch 2.6 staff nodes was really improved so they can really be used in this build. I think we can throw away Celestial Punishment nodes and take Serpent Stance and Counterweight nodes to get a good bonus to our crit chance and multiplier. In this case, our final skill tree will look like this:
Lvl 100 Skill Tree
I didnt even think about the staff nodes left of the templar area i just meant the ones you went right past but i guess they are pretty good. Also i was thinking about getting Lightning walker and storm weaver. What do you think ?
"
zotle123 wrote:
I didnt even think about the staff nodes left of the templar area i just meant the ones you went right past but i guess they are pretty good. Also i was thinking about getting Lightning walker and storm weaver. What do you think ?

If you evaluate these nodes in terms of dps gain to spented skill points, you get a ranking (from highest to lowest):
- Serpent Stance (3 SP)
- Lightning Walker (2 SP)
- Throatseeker (4 SP)
- Heart Of Thunder (5 SP)
- Counterweight (8 SP)
- Storm Weawer (5 SP)

In these calculations I have taken into account data from Path of Building. Based on this, I will assume that the final skill tree will be like this:
LVL 100 Skill Tree
Last edited by MEDVED_RUS on Mar 31, 2017, 7:07:16 AM
"
MEDVED_RUS wrote:
Unfortunately, I did not pay attention to these jewels - The Blue Dream and The Blue Nightmare. I'll have to try them to compare their performance with Power Charge on Crit skill gem.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to test how does The Blue Dream jewel and I can say that it works pretty damn good! If you place it in the socket next to Faith and Steel node on Skill Tree, it gives us 48% chance to get Power Charge on Kill! Because of this, we can replace Power Charge On Crit gem with Controlled Destruction or Added Lightning Damage gems.

Last edited by MEDVED_RUS on Mar 31, 2017, 7:35:23 AM
Hi. I don't know how works "ES Leech(Life Leech)". Can you explain?
How I have to recharge ES when I'm fighting with monsters?
Are you sure that you dont have to allocate the points to get the effect of blue dream i thought that because we get faith and steel and the other elemental resistance point we have a 20% chance which would be worth enough. Also do you not have any problems with mana if you cast a lot of stormcalls and what head enchants would you suggest. Right now im planning to use reduced stormcall duration but im open for suggestions. Also how much lightning resistance do you have is choir of storm really worth it right now ?
Last edited by zotle123 on Mar 31, 2017, 7:43:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info